Game Rush - Trade 2 games and get $20 off any pre-order game (UPDATED)

ksuwild25

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
The deal should have officialy started for all Gamerushes by now.

Get $20 off any pre-order game when you trade 2 games.

Trade offer good on PS2, XBOX, GC and GBA. $20 savings in addition to your trade-in value

So you are getting your normal trade-in value and an extra $20 off if it's on a preorder and you're trading in two games. I think you can only use those above mentioned platforms.

Yep, I saw this coupon too. I think I may use it for something....possibly Halo 2:SE (do you know when they usually get new games in stock?)

they always get their games on release day for purchase, they usually take a few days to put them out for rent though. Sometimes you have to push them to actually look but they will sell it in the same day EB gets theirs, especially if you reserve it.

This is a great deal. Gamerush usually doesn't have any restrictions, so I can get rid of some of the crappy games that I have.

[quote name='dpatel']This is a great deal. Gamerush usually doesn't have any restrictions, so I can get rid of some of the crappy games that I have.[/quote]

Yeah, I have 4 games I would like to get rid of, do you think they would let me use the same coupon for two different pre-orders? There are a few games I want that are coming out soon.

I'm going to try to get Viewtiful Joe (PS2) since it's being released for $29.99 everywhere. I just hope Gamerush has it listed for that price as well. Damn it! Nevermind, the coupon states that the preorder must be $49.99 or more. Damn sneaky Petes!!! I'm still going to try.

This sounds awesome, especially since they get in their stocks of games on release day, right? I'd hope so as I can get Metroid Prime for 30 dollars or less if this works out well. :D

Do they take reservations on Donkey Konga, and would I be able to reserve that in addition to Metroid Prime? Because I really want that game for 30 dollars! 8)

any word if you can do this minus a coupon? this would be a great way to unload some crap-ass games and put them towards something like halo 2 or fable

[quote name='video_gamer324']The coupon is also in this month's GamePro.[/quote]what page? all I found was the blockbuster advert for the first month of the gaming pass for $15.

Couple questions, some have been asked, but none answered.
1. Can you do this without the coupon?
2. Can you trade in ps1 games like you can for the used for 9.99 deal?

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='video_gamer324']The coupon is also in this month's GamePro.[/quote]what page? all I found was the blockbuster advert for the first month of the gaming pass for $15.[/quote]

Page 59. However, GameRush has published coupons before that don't appear in certain regions. Maybe you can find some nice users who are willing to part with their coupons.

[quote name='sanjuro'][quote name='video_gamer324']The coupon is also in this month's GamePro.[/quote]what page? all I found was the blockbuster advert for the first month of the gaming pass for $15.[/quote]

Arrr, mines the same damn it!

[quote name='pfunkpearl']Couple questions, some have been asked, but none answered.
1. Can you do this without the coupon?
2. Can you trade in ps1 games like you can for the used for 9.99 deal?[/quote]

1. Most likely no. They would lose money for each preorder (I'm asssuming) so they most likely wouldn't have this deal open for use without the coupon. They did get rid of the offer to trade in 1 game and get one for $29.99, so you'll probally need this.

2It was stated right above that you can trade in PS2, Xbox, GC, and GBA. I don't know if you missed it or were just double checking but according to the OP, it is those 4 systems only.

Your questions have been answered. *poof*

I just got back from Gamerush. Riddick ($25) and Otogi ($12) + $20 bonus for Fable and about $5 credit was given back to me.

I walked up to the gamerush guy and handed him the coupon and asked how many games I could preorder using this deal. He said 1 game per coupon. So that answers one question, and implies that you do need the coupon to do the trade for now, which answers the other question.

I can't confirm the ps1 games question either, since I didn't have any ps1 games with me at the time.

Gamerush is a YMMV type place on these deals, so you might be able to still put multiple pre-orders on one coupon. Just ask the employee that will be ringing you up, it takes just a couple of seconds for a yes or no.

So far, Gamerush is easily my favorite gamestore. Great trade-in values, and the best trade-in deals I've ever seen. :D

Thanks for the update...I think I may have to do this real soon :)

Halo 2 with my 1st Coupon (do they have the LE there???)

&

Unsure with my 2nd coupon:
Burnout 3
Star Wars BAttlefront
Nascar 2005
MK:Deception
Doom 3 (or a good FPS)
so many other games I want

[quote name='goldengraham']When will they put a GR in NorCal.[/quote]

yea, i've been wanting one in Socal as well... and guess what?!?! i just checked their website (www.gamerush.com) and it looks like there are a grip in cali now!!! woot woot! :p

oh yea, there's also a printable coupon on their site for $10 off a preorder if you trade in a game. i don't know the details though, but it sounds pretty cool.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']oh yea, there's also a printable coupon on their site for $10 off a preorder if you trade in a game. i don't know the details though, but it sounds pretty cool.[/quote]
They've had this deal for a while and you don't actually need to print out the coupon to get in on the deal. Just trade in a game and you can get any $49.99 new release for $39.99 and on top of that, you take out however much they give you for your game so you could basically get a brand new game for $4.99 plus tax if ya trade in a game where they give you $35...

One question is.. If it states the game must be 49.99 or more how can u do gba games? Thats gonna be odd..

If there is no price restriction nor game restriction this is a HOTT deal.. If theres a price restriction its still a hot deal. >_

if someone were to print the coupon off of their computer, do you think the clerks would still take it?

if so, anyone want to scan the coupon? :)

they have a different deal for GBA games, if you trade in any game you get any new GBA game for $20 so go get those Pokemon Leaf reserves!!!lol

My BB has a book of coupons that they scan. Depending on the clerk you get, you may not even need a coupon. Deffinate YMMV, but if you cannot find a coupon, just ask them if they have this deal going on. I was able to get them to do that for me on the previous coupons a couple of times.

I know the trade 2 get $20 off says the game must be $29.99 or more.

I have 2 of these coupons and I think I will use them both. One for Halo 2 LE and the other is still up for decision.

Deciding between:
Star Wars BattleFront
Nascar 2005:Chase for the cup (although only 4 people on LIVE kinda is disappointing)
Burnout 3
(I guess I want a game that comes out sooner than later...since I will have to wait for Halo 2)

Also hesitant witht eh EA games since I have the $15 coupon for the website...which only save you about $10 after shipping

Well I also have 2 coupons and I will be using mine for Halo 2 and GT4. I have several free subscriptions and I tipically get 3-4 copies of all BB coupons. If I get another 1-2 I will also get Metroid 2.

The store manager at my local BB said that the 9.99 and 39.99 deals is ending at the end of august and the new deal is trade 2 get 29.99 for any new game preorder or in stock. So just wait you won't even need a coupon.

Wow this actually sounds like a decent preorder deal. I might have to try this out with some of the $5 games I have accumulated, since I want to pick up Metroid Prime 2 and some other cube games this year.

Well, I just traded in two of my older games. Metal Gear 2 Substance and NFL Blitz Pro (both XBOX....both pretty bad IMHO)

Anyways, the guy could nto get the coupon to work, so he eventually just took the $20 off manually but I had to pay in full. No big deal really, since I would pay for it anyways. It just took the guy like 15 minutes to figure it out. Oh well, HALO 2 LE is mine on order now.

Now I have one more coupon left a few games to choose to trade in....just have to decide. I'm leaning towards a few games, we will see.

i was there earlier today and reserved mgs 3...however when i used another coupon for halo 2, the store computer wouldnt let the clerk apply it again...

i havent read the fine print yet, so im assuming its one coupon per bb account...it would be best if you had a friend use his/her account to preorder any additional games...

I used a coupon today to preorder Pikmin 2, but I had to pay the full $30 as well in order to use it. I read the fine print on the coupon, and it doesn't say anything about no copies, so I wouldn't be surprised if you don't need the coupon in a few weeks.

MK Special edition is on Blockbuster's list, but no number has been asigned yet

Rumor has the $20 off preorder is going to be standard in September, I had to stand at Gamerush for 50 minutes while the employees tried to figure out the coupon and how many I could pre-order, would help if Gamerush trained their employee's or maybe wrote the fine print on the coupons better.

[quote name='Engineer_J']MK Special edition is on Blockbuster's list, but no number has been asigned yet

Rumor has the $20 off preorder is going to be standard in September, I had to stand at Gamerush for 50 minutes while the employees tried to figure out the coupon and how many I could pre-order, would help if Gamerush trained their employee's or maybe wrote the fine print on the coupons better.[/quote]
Just curious but which Dallas GameRush did ya go to?

anybody have anymore information about this deal becoming standard at every gamerush. i have been holding out for a good deal for halo 2 and this could be just it.

[quote name='polobearjp'][quote name='Engineer_J']MK Special edition is on Blockbuster's list, but no number has been asigned yet

Rumor has the $20 off preorder is going to be standard in September, I had to stand at Gamerush for 50 minutes while the employees tried to figure out the coupon and how many I could pre-order, would help if Gamerush trained their employee's or maybe wrote the fine print on the coupons better.[/quote]
Just curious but which Dallas GameRush did ya go to?[/quote]

I go to the ones in Frisco, McKinney, Colony

Well I just came back from preordering Halo 2 Collectors Edition WITHOUT the coupon. The preorder deal started here today. Got it for 5.88 using credit I've had after the trade and $20 bonus.

The coupons they had at the store were different from the little barcode slips they normally use. I could tell someone wrote it then scanned the copies. I'm not sure if you can do it multiple times, because I went in ready to do a 2 for 1 and he told me about that preorder deal.

[quote name='ksuwild25']Well I just came back from preordering Halo 2 Collectors Edition WITHOUT the coupon. The preorder deal started here today. Got it for 5.88 using credit I've had after the trade and $20 bonus.

The coupons they had at the store were different from the little barcode slips they normally use. I could tell someone wrote it then scanned the copies. I'm not sure if you can do it multiple times, because I went in ready to do a 2 for 1 and he told me about that preorder deal.[/quote]
:shock: Which location was this at? I wanna preorder Halo 2 SE and either Fable or Mortal Kombat.

I think it's the one on Alma (I'm not good with streets :? ). It's in the same area with a Sonic and a pizza place. I hope that's helpful.

bread's done
Back