Game similar to Sega GT 2002?

Capn Stabby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
I'm not really into racing games and I can only play Burnout in short periods (once or twice a month), but I really, really enjoyed Sega GT 2002 that came bundled with the original Xbox.

I don't know much about what's going on in the racing genre right now, so I was hoping someone could give me a recommendation?

What drew me in was that it wasn't ultra realistic to the point of it not being fun but it also wasn't Burnout. Also, I liked the licensed cars and variety of races (drag races, etc).

I think my favorite part of the game was (this sounds generic, I know) winning races to buy upgrades to your car kind of like an RPG. You would upgrade a part, like a new part in the engine and it would give you an statistical boost to your car (more HP or something along those lines).

I've tried Test Drive Unlimited, but it wasn't really to my liking. Any ideas?

[quote name='invinceable104']I'm not really into racing games and I can only play Burnout in short periods (once or twice a month), but I really, really enjoyed Sega GT 2002 that came bundled with the original Xbox.

I don't know much about what's going on in the racing genre right now, so I was hoping someone could give me a recommendation?

What drew me in was that it wasn't ultra realistic to the point of it not being fun but it also wasn't Burnout. Also, I liked the licensed cars and variety of races (drag races, etc).

I think my favorite part of the game was (this sounds generic, I know) winning races to buy upgrades to your car kind of like an RPG. You would upgrade a part, like a new part in the engine and it would give you an statistical boost to your car (more HP or something along those lines).

I've tried Test Drive Unlimited, but it wasn't really to my liking. Any ideas?[/quote]

Forza 2. It's got upgrading, which can be a huge part of the game if you want (beating a Ferrari with VW Beetle is still awesome) and with the assists on it feels more arcade-y than sim-y. It can get ultra-realistic, but it doesn't have to. Still may be too realistic for you, but could be worth a look.

I'll pile on with the Forza 2 suggestion. It's the best racing game out there. The great thing is that should you grow more interested in the sim aspects of the game, they're available to you.

you can also try Juiced 2: HIN, Need For Speed Series (Most Wanted, Carbon and Prostreet), Project Gotham Racing 3 & 4, and Forza 2. I think i am a racing fan because i like customizing cars and stuff. Too bad in real life it costs too much!

bread's done
Back