Game Stop 50% extra trade in deal!!!! YMMV

I have a ps1 system in box with no wires or control. Will they take it? If so, i'll try it out on this.

edit:nvm they won't take it ...no longer taking ps1.

also, could i sign-up for edge card BEFORE trying to get the 50% (which would then be 60%)?

Last edited by a moderator:
YMMV should be put in title, this is pretty misleading. My local GS has 30% bonus on all trades no matter what. Spectrum Mall, Phoenix AZ.

I traded in 7 games on the 29th figuring I'd get the 40%, but she told me it gave me 50%. I definitely was confused, but didn't complain.

This was a Gamestop in Cincinnati, OH.

I just came from my local Gamestop and you only get 50% with 40% 6 game bonus + edge 10%. You should really add YMMV to your title.

[quote name='demolitio']I traded in 7 games on the 29th figuring I'd get the 40%, but she told me it gave me 50%. I definitely was confused, but didn't complain.

This was a Gamestop in Cincinnati, OH.[/QUOTE]

Drat! I only got 40%/+10% edge! Which location was it?

Now this confirms Gamestop is feeling the hurt because, Both Amazon, and Best buy are squeezing into 90% of Gamestop profit which is the trade in business, and I would much rather, trade in with Amazon which game me high trade in prices + 50% off any Game accessory or game. Plus I can buy other stuff besides just games.

Deerfield area stores are still offering the norm FYI. =]

[quote name='Cindaddy']Drat! I only got 40%/+10% edge! Which location was it?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='demolitio']I traded in 7 games on the 29th figuring I'd get the 40%, but she told me it gave me 50%. I definitely was confused, but didn't complain.

This was a Gamestop in Cincinnati, OH.[/QUOTE]

I just figured I'd throw this out there. I called around to the Gamestops in Lewisville Texas, and they said on the phone if I trade games in at a Gamestop near Best Buy I'd get 50% extra trade in credit. There were about 4 different gamestops I called near the best buy and they all were doing this promotion.

[quote name='ericsmithrocks']They're doing 50% here in Philadelphia. Saw it at two stores.[/QUOTE]
for how long?

If this is not a tiered sale you can buy FNR4 with this week's coupon for $35.74 then trade it back for $48. Goodluck to GS :p

Here's some pics for you skeptics:

photorpm.jpg
photo2hbe.jpg

This was in the DFW area.

[quote name='Master Ninja']Now this confirms Gamestop is feeling the hurt because, Both Amazon, and Best buy are squeezing into 90% of Gamestop profit which is the trade in business, and I would much rather, trade in with Amazon which game me high trade in prices + 50% off any Game accessory or game. Plus I can buy other stuff besides just games.[/QUOTE]

I need you to explain where you came up with that 90% number. Or did you just pull that number out of your behind because it sounded cool? They are hardly "squeezing into 90% of Gamestop profit."

[quote name='shingletingle']I need you to explain where you came up with that 90% number. Or did you just pull that number out of your behind because it sounded cool? They are hardly "squeezing into 90% of Gamestop profit."[/QUOTE]

I think what Master Ninja meant to, or should have said, was that Amazon and Best Buy are squeezing into the 90% of the used-game market share that Gamestop has.
http://online.barrons.com/article/SB123862298690079993.html

It's been calculated that Gamestop receives 48% of its profits from used games, certainly nowhere near 90%, but nevertheless a significant amount.
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=23396

Thanks for the post. I just traded in a bunch of games, though most were worth less than $1 (PS2 games, but still painful). The guy at Gamestop did tell me it was only for the DFW (Dallas-Fort Worth) area.

Also, thanks for posting that receipt, Cuksis! I had no idea I could get even $20 for Layton, let alone $30. I don't usually trade in games that I really liked, but I have to admit that Layton probably doesn't have much reply value and the trade-in will almost pay for the sequel.

Yea I neglected to read the fine print on that sign. I read it today and it actually says offer valid in the DFW area only.

[quote name='Cuksis']Here's some pics for you skeptics:

photorpm.jpg
photo2hbe.jpg

This was in the DFW area.[/QUOTE]
Damn, GS is basically paying these guys more than they can sell the games for, just so they can stick it to BBY. Crazy shit.

bread's done
Back