Game suggestions

Dr Killotron

CAGiversary!
Hey. I’ve been out of PC for the past 6 years.. I’m getting a Asus N61JQ-A1 laptop today and I’m looking forward to hitting up some Crysis, Stalker, Civ IV.. then eventually Starcraft 2 and Civ V. Where there any other big PC only games that someone could recommend?

If it came out on xbox 1 & the 360 AND PC, I’ve likely played it… though I think I’ll give morrowind another shot on the PC. No MMOs please.

Besides the ones you've mentioned, all that really comes to mind is:

The Witcher
Sins of a Solar Empire
Company of Heroes
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II

Yeah, I heard about The Witcher.. but I heard it was crazy buggy. I suppose it's been all patched up? I just remembered the total war series too.. and I never did have a strong enough computer to play homeworld. The next few weeks should be pretty good.

Sins of a solar empire sounds good & I never did try out any warhammer stuff. Thanks!

They've come out with numerous patches for The Witcher, including a "Enhanced Edition" patch that changes a lot of stuff within the game, such as textures. I've played through it twice and have had little to no problem with bugs, but I think it may of crashed once or twice.

I really like all the games Draekon listed other than The Witcher (well... I'm assuming I wouldn't like it because my friend who enjoyed WoW thought it was too simple). On top of that I would add:

The Total War games (Rome, Medieval 2, maybe Empire)
Orange Box (I know you said you might have played it on 360 but honestly that version is crap)
Torchlight
Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Left 4 Dead 2 if you don't have them for 360 or just want better controls, graphics, and a better interface
Killing Floor

I'll echo what DrFoo said about the Orange Box. It's faaaaaar better on PC. I'd say go old school with some Diablo 2 and get ready for Diablo 3. Um...Some smaller time wasting games I suppose would be Plants vs Zombies and Audiosurf.

I have orange box for 360. I was thinking of picking that up on PC just for the mods. Is that the reason you're saying it's better, or is there something else (other than loading times) that I'm not getting?

Probably the strongest thing the PC has going for it are mods.. that and more involved & strategic games like total war, civ and any RTS. OH god... civ on 360 was nothing less than a slap on the face.

Just played a little bit of crysis. Can't wait for stalker to download and starcraft 2 to drop. Happy to be back PC!! I"ve missed you!

well the xbox version never got any of the updates that the PC version got so you're missing out on tons of new weapons, maps, and game elements.

[quote name='DrFoo']I really like all the games Draekon listed other than The Witcher (well... I'm assuming I wouldn't like it because my friend who enjoyed WoW thought it was too simple).[/QUOTE]

The game is pretty damned awesome. The fighting is a little simplistic, yeah, but it doesn't necessarily make it all that simple. Plus there's quite a lot of content within the game and the story is great. You'll probably find that most people on the forum here who have played it will highly recommend it.

I would check out Quake Live! It's free. If you messed with Quake in the past it's about the same in terms of gameplay...New maps, New Modes and very popular.

bread's done
Back