Gameaccess.ca worth it?

strife18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys,
I was wondering about this rental service recently. I mean its like $18 a month for one game out and $25 for two out. I'm a person that kinda likes to own things but I do really enjoy playing a range of games and cannot always afford them all. Has anyone tried this subscription service in canada? How did you like it? Do you feel that maybe your money would be better spent on a game, playing/beating it, then trade/sell to get other games if it didn't have replay value?

Thanks

This might not be incredibly helpful, but I'd personally prefer to stick to Goozex. Similar concept--you can 'buy' a game then put it right back in the system if you want.

Key differences are that Goozex is cheaper, you get to keep any games you like, but you typically have to wait a few months for a new release.

Ahh so you can buy a game and when you are done with it then just trade it in. Is it as big as a scam as EB or Gamestop for tradein value or is it fairly decent when getting points back?

You get the exact same amount you paid back (unless the game is depreciating), less their $1 fee and whatever you paid on shipping. You don't trade stuff into Goozex, you trade your stuff directly with other users, and everyone is working on the same point scale :)

Goozex is good if you are looking to play older games but i found the new releases (1 to 3 months old) where impossible to get.

For Gameaccess.ca, I have been a member for a while now and they have never let me down, I just got the new Ghostbusters sent to me yesterday :). I am on the 2 game plan for 25$ and I am getting 6-7 games per month. Do the math and you will see that if you are someone who likes to try out many different games (which not all are worth buying...) you will be saving sh*t loads of money!

If you are looking to try them out, here are a few coupons I found on retail me not http://www.retailmenot.com/view/gameaccess.ca

I was with GameAccess for about 6 months and at first it was pretty great but then I found that I was waiting way to long to get the game I had on reserve. I was #2 in line for Resident Evil 5 for about 2 weeks, while they were selling used copies on the site, and also the system showed they had a ton of stock of it. I called them and then they sent out a copy that very same day.

It's not a bad service but I've found that the Gamepass from Blockbuster, while more expensive, allows me access to more games on a regular basis.

Edit: I'm also going to say that Goozex is awesome. If you are looking to try out some older games (6+ months) then you'll have a huge amount to choose from. Brand new games could take awhile to start circulating but if you get in the queue quick you could constantly be getting new games. Plus it's cheap ;)

bread's done
Back