GameAccess.ca?

janlazer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Just curious if anybody's ever bought or rented from http://www.gameaccess.ca

's like that GameFly service in the states, but for Canadians...Seems like they have some decent deals, and the price of renting is a helluva lot cheaper than renting at BBV and Roger's..Just curious..

My apologies if this is put in the wrong forum..

My friend has it and likes it. I think he is on the 2 at a time plan and has been using it for about 6-8 months. He hasn't had any troubles with it. If there is a large collection of games that you'd like to play in a short period of time, this is a good way of doing it.

Thanks Winkels...That canflix.com sorta caught my eye in the last post of the thread. Least that way I can convince the girlfriend that she can also get movies and shtuff.

I had an account for awhile but recently cancelled just due to my huge backlog. Going to resubscribe in the new year to try out a bunch of games I never got around to checking out and ones that aren't really worth buying.

Get Blockbuster's unlimited game rental service (it's $30 a month I think), it's cheaper (in the long run), faster and there's plenty of BBs around in case one runs out of games.

Personally I had a bad experience with 'em, but being impartial for moment here. Time wise and money wise going local is always better.

[quote name='deluga']but thats 5$ more and its only one game out at a time[/quote]

True, but it's a lot easier to swap the game when you are done with it, and with that ease of changing the game you don't really need more than one out anyways.

I rarely ever rent games though so maybe my points are mute.

[quote name='deluga']but thats 5$ more and its only one game out at a time[/quote]

Yeah and GA is $25 a month with two games out at a time but the wait times to actually get the games isn't the greatest thing (coupled with the "few days" shipping both ways) as opposed to BB it's just walk in walk out (and god forbid, a line). If they don't have something good, you go to the next BB down the street or in the next neighborhood.

Actually... the Blockbuster game pass is tied to the 1 Blockbuster you have the pass for, you can't just go to another Blockbuster.

I however still think its better if your local Blockbuster is well stocked as the turn-around time is horrible for GameAccess (was 4 business days one way for me in SW Ontario) and for the last 6-8 months of my membership the best I did in my queue was #14. Not to mention the 3 times a game arrived broken which you can send back and they credit you 4-5 days to your account; one ways worth of travel so you still lose 2 weeks.

Another note about Blockbuster, late fees on games is returning soon. It has already returned in the U.S. and I was told last time I was in it was coming back to Canada as well. It will be $1/day late fees for video games.

[quote name='mkrowe']Actually... the Blockbuster game pass is tied to the 1 Blockbuster you have the pass for, you can't just go to another Blockbuster.

... It will be $1/day late fees for video games.[/quote]

Ah there we go, thanks for correcting.

And BB doesn't have a late fee anymore (not in a CND one anyway), I kept a game for a few weeks after return and they didn't charge me anything. But really if you have unlimited rentals you can always just bring it back and rent it again =\.

They haven't had a late fee for a while, just a restocking fee. The point he was trying to make is that they are bringing late fees back.

I've never posted here before, but I've lurked around here for a bit an thought I'd chime in.

I've had gameaccess for over a year now, and I really like it. I've never had any problems with them. When I called and said I could not afford to keep my service going, they let me go down to 1 game at a special $8 a month rate for a few months. Now I have 2 games with fast return for a little under $30 a month. I'll probably go to 1 game with fast return at around $20.

Also because I've been a member for over a year, I get 20% off all there used games and free shipping. With there "deal of the day" I've gotten a few older games for under $10. I got BioShock a few months ago for around $10.

bread's done
Back