GameAccess' new Rent to Buy program

Afrodiziak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Looks like GameAccess is offering a Gamefly-esque rent-to-buy program. Basically, the longer you keep a game, the cheaper it becomes to buy it.

Here's the details: http://gameaccess.ca/RentToBuy.jsp?lang=en

I used to be a member of GA but cancelled my account about a year ago because I didn't have to time to play all that much. They were pretty decent except for the occasional long wait for a title. With this new program I'm thinking about re-subbing again. Do any of you guys that have current accounts or recently had accounts have any more feedback for people?

I have an account, and have for a year. Similar position to you with having too many games so I cut it down to two out. With the fast return option available it means a quicker turnaround for games. I suspect that they hold games a day or two before shipping or after receiving because I have a rogers video direct account and its much quicker, but for the cost, I'm very happy.

[quote name='Wikkidkarma']I have an account, and have for a year. Similar position to you with having too many games so I cut it down to two out. With the fast return option available it means a quicker turnaround for games. I suspect that they hold games a day or two before shipping or after receiving because I have a rogers video direct account and its much quicker, but for the cost, I'm very happy.[/QUOTE]

Did you do the 1-year contract for $24.95 a month? That's the one I'm thinking about doing because they throw in reserve and fast return with it. Seems like a really good deal for $300.

I just switched from 3 games, monthly billing to 2 games on quarterly billing. With fast return it comes out to about $27/month. If I ever clear out my backlog, I'd go back to 3 out and probs do a yearly.

I had gameaccess for two years, 6 month payments with reserve and fast return, it worked out cheap however I found I wanted to play more on my shelf then what gameaccess sent me, I don't have as much time as I used to so I am more selective on what I play and play alot less per month so it wasn't for me, with online passes and codes these days I am sure they struggle more

I have nothing but good experiance with them myself, good customer service, a couple broken discs via mail which was sent back and replaced without problems

but backlog grows here so no need for gameaccess, and with deals like $29 Batman its hard to justify it for me as I can play that and get $25 credit at EB when done

With this new program they have gotten rid of an old program which was for Platinum Hall of Famers members to get free shipping and 20% off of Used Games. This is a big blow to me since I used it a lot to get cheap games like new that had online passes that were never used. Instead they have added this new program which really doesn't appeal to me much anymore if they got rid of the old system.

Once my one year contract is over which isn't until October unfortunately I will be canceling my membership if they do not bring back the old system. At least I will be able to rent the new games coming out early next year and some other ones I want between now and October.

bread's done
Back