Gameboy Advance Game for Young Girls

kirk04

CAG Veteran
Anyone have a suggestion for a girls game for a 5 year old? We have a bunch of Elmo games, but are looking for some variety. Polly Pockets is too hard for her. Any help would be appreciated.

Powerpuff girl games are alright...i mean they pretty much suck but my neice enjoys em...just a run around and hit things...umm i dont know many others...since she is 5...

Five may be too young...then again, I was playing games when I was six. It depends on the kid, I guess.

Most of the first party Nintendo games are probably a safe bet...they aren't easy, but they're definitely appropriate. I'd suggest the Kirby game (Nightmare in Dreamland?).

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Five may be too young...then again, I was playing games when I was six. It depends on the kid, I guess.

Most of the first party Nintendo games are probably a safe bet...they aren't easy, but they're definitely appropriate. I'd suggest the Kirby game (Nightmare in Dreamland?).[/quote]

You have to be careful with that.. my kid brother had beaten Super Mario Brothers by the time he was 4, and Legend of Zelda by the time he was 5.

[quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Five may be too young...then again, I was playing games when I was six. It depends on the kid, I guess.

Most of the first party Nintendo games are probably a safe bet...they aren't easy, but they're definitely appropriate. I'd suggest the Kirby game (Nightmare in Dreamland?).[/quote]

You have to be careful with that.. my kid brother had beaten Super Mario Brothers by the time he was 4, and Legend of Zelda by the time he was 5.[/quote]

christ you have a prodigy there.

dont dumb it down or get some crappy barbie game just because shes a girl. i agree with kirby. hamtaro has quite a bit of reading so im not sure how that would go. mario advance 2 and 4 are good choices. puzzle fighter or tetris. sonic pinball party, namco museum, mario kart, klonoa, i think those are all great games that pretty much ANYONE should be able to play.

Try WarioWare on GBA. My three year old loves it, and we take his GBA everywhere so that it keeps him behaved. Tetris is good for a kid too.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='JSweeney'][quote name='Gothic_Walrus']Five may be too young...then again, I was playing games when I was six. It depends on the kid, I guess.

You have to be careful with that.. my kid brother had beaten Super Mario Brothers by the time he was 4, and Legend of Zelda by the time he was 5.[/quote]

christ you have a prodigy there.[/quote]

I started when I was three but no where near that good. I could never pass 8-3 when I was young and 8-2 used to give me trouble(that long ass leap used to get me)

I still have never beaten a Zelda game. I get to the end and quit.

try counter punch. I spent quite a good bit of time at my friends playing Mike Tyson's Punch-Out (i believe the code is 007 373 5963 and that was from memory, I played it that much LOL)

[quote name='jimmyshadow']I'll second WarioWare and recommend Yoshi's Island. Both of those have been huge favorites with my 4 year old.[/quote]

I would agree with those as they are really good games and not too complcated

Bejeweled and Bookworm, two Popcap.com games, were released for GBA. The nice thing is you can test out both online so you know what you're getting into. Bejeweled is an extremely simple game to pick up. Some might get bored with it, while others may like it for killing time. Bookworm is probably a better choice. It's just as easy, but it requires a minimum spelling vocabulary. However, it might help someone that age.

Any Mario game should be good. My 3 year old daughter loves Mario Kart DD, Mario Party 5, and Mario Advance(GBA). She can already beat me on some of the mini-games in Mario Party, and i've been gaming for about 25 years. Also Crash Bandicoot(XBox) she loves that too.

Thanks one and all for the suggestions. Looks like I will trying a Nintendo or Mario game of some sort.

bread's done
Back