Gameboy Micros- $25 @ Wal-Mart YMMV?

No go in the East Gilbert Wal-Mart. Scanned the price checker thing and it rang up at 49.99. They did have three PS3 systems though.

As someone said, could someone please post a scannable UPC so we don't have to deal with the people in blue vests? That'd make life oh so much easier...

I picked up a 20th anniversary edition in Dekalb, IL for $35 last week. There were only 2 left so probably all out by now. But they had tons of silver and black ones.

GBA games look way better on a DS, but the micro looks great and fits better in your pocket.

I don't even like the Micro, and I'd have to buy one at this price. Thank god it's YMMV, and my mileage varies in the negative direction. :D

Had my wife go by the Frederick store, that the OP listed, and she said that they were ostensibly sold-out. They had a few opened boxes...that my wife thought she would buy anyway because of the great pricing. Only to find out that they had been emptied by some sticky fingers. They offered to sell her the grungy demo unit, but she politely declined. Thankfully she didn't buy one of those hideously taped Micros, only to come home to find the two boxes empty.

The Walmart near me (Martinez, CA) had the Anniversary (Famicom) Edition Micros for $40 (sign in front of them on the shelf). No silvers in stock.

I bought a Micro for a friend and tried it out. Just too small for me. I'm a girl, but I still find it too small. Playing Advance games on an Advance SP is swell, but I'm fonder of playing them on my DS Lite. The jutting just doesn't bother me. At least it doesn't stick out like GBC games do on the SP. Even at $25, I don't want a Micro.

The Walmart clearance sales are always seriously YMMV since every store seems to do their own thing. I have 2 Walmarts near me and only 1 of them has clearance items from time to time.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I bought a Micro for a friend and tried it out. Just too small for me. I'm a girl, but I still find it too small. Playing Advance games on an Advance SP is swell, but I'm fonder of playing them on my DS Lite. The jutting just doesn't bother me. At least it doesn't stick out like GBC games do on the SP. Even at $25, I don't want a Micro.[/quote]

Uh oh, you said the G word... I hope you don't get bombed with PMs now! :D

It is pretty tiny. I'm not too bummed about not being able to find one since I have the player for the GC. Though my GC is currently trapped in the closet due to someone placing a ton of boxes in the way last week.

Alrighty, my loves. Off to Wal-mart in a bit. Although I don't want a Micro, I can't help but check on the price. If it's $25, I'll pick up some for other CAGs. Something tells me that I'm wasting the blue-aproned fools' time, though.

I'd love to get one of these Micros. I'd be willing to either pay or trade for it. Shoot me a PM if you've got an extra one for trade or sale, thanks!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']No, the GBM doesn't play any of the old GB/GBC games.
Does anyone have the barcode number for the three micros?
I tried looking on upcdatabase site and didn't have much luck.[/QUOTE]

Gameboy Micro Silver: 045496716790
20th Anniversary Edition: 045496717216
Micro Black: 045496716820

They all work... I tried them out at a local Wal-Mart only to find all three still at $49.88

[quote name='shajek']Gameboy Micro Silver: 045496716790
20th Anniversary Edition: 045496717216
Micro Black: 045496716820

They all work... I tried them out at a local Wal-Mart only to find all three still at $49.88[/quote]
I live in South Elgin too, did you go to the Wal-Mart that's on Randall south of Rt. 20? I was about to go there too...I'm going to try the one in Algonquin since I'll be doing some shopping there tonight.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Alrighty, my loves. Off to Wal-mart in a bit. Although I don't want a Micro, I can't help but check on the price. If it's $25, I'll pick up some for other CAGs. Something tells me that I'm wasting the blue-aproned fools' time, though.[/QUOTE]

Let me know if you do get extras please.

RC

Well, the blue aprons were pretty helpful and nice. They still rang up $50 in Greenville, SC. Supercenter on Woodruff, for those folks in the area. Haven't checked anywhere else.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm a girl[/quote]
[quote name='utopianmachine']Well, the blue aprons were pretty helpful and nice.[/QUOTE]

;)

[quote name='angrywolf']I live in South Elgin too, did you go to the Wal-Mart that's on Randall south of Rt. 20? I was about to go there too...I'm going to try the one in Algonquin since I'll be doing some shopping there tonight.[/QUOTE]
I hit the new one in Batavia on Randall. I'm going to price-check them at the Wal-Mart by Charlestowne Mall tomorrow. Let me know if you have luck at the other ones.

Checked mine and no dice. This has got to be a one store kind of fluke. It seems that most folks are seeing them for $49.95. Meh, I've already got one, but I'm a sucker for goodness at cheap prices.

I hope that this one single Walmart in who-knows-where is happy now. Their mysterious clearance item has made tons of us run to our Walmart's and price check a Micro.

i bet we will see a lot of stores clear out the micro now, but maybe not quite as low at $25. I would bite and 30 and would be really tempted at $35 or even $40

bread's done
Back