Gameboy Player questions

The Linguist

CAGiversary!
I'm thinking about investing in a GB player and I had a couple of questions:

1. Does it save your game to the cart or to the memory card? I assume it saves to the cartridge so you can continue on your GBA (or DS).

2. Do they ever go on sale? My CAGitude makes it hard for me to shell out $50 for most anything and I'd be especially ticked if the price dropped soon after I bought one.

1. They Save to the cart

2. They rarely go on sale or clearance. You can try going used off of EB online and put in all the usual codes though to get it for $30 or so. I know when the magical stackable TRU coupons were going on you could get one for $30 new, but sadly they ended.

Circuit City has put them on sale in the past - I got mine for $40 (not a huge savings, I know) when Mario & Luigi first came out.

Thanks for the info.
I'll keep my eyes open for a used one at EB. Can I use the Edge card for accessories? It looks like CAG15/16 won't work for them.

Every now and then BB (or maybe CC, I forget) does a special 15% off sale for all game accessories. That's how I got one of my WaveBirds. It would be a nice way to save money on a new GB Player, but I'm not sure when they're planning on doing that promotion again.

[quote name='gordonmj']Thanks for the info.
I'll keep my eyes open for a used one at EB. Can I use the Edge card for accessories? It looks like CAG15/16 won't work for them.[/QUOTE]
Try again, CAG15 & 16 worked for me, as well as stacking the edge card. Saver wouldn't work though.

[quote name='The Dord']If your looking for something similar, also try this..

Link to Lik-Sang[/QUOTE]
Except that thing isn't fully compatible with all GBA games and doesn't even do GB/GBC games. I'd stick with Nintendo. It's a great device. Pick it up used or maybe even shell out $50 for it.

[quote name='daroga']Except that thing isn't fully compatible with all GBA games and doesn't even do GB/GBC games. I'd stick with Nintendo. It's a great device. Pick it up used or maybe even shell out $50 for it.[/QUOTE]

I can't find the GBA player in my area, and its getting hard to get someone to sell me one used! :(

How much do you play GBA games? I play at least half of all my gaming on the GBA so it was well worth the $50 for it. Much, much better than the original GBA or even the original SP IMO.

That new SP mops the floor with it though.

bread's done
Back