GameBoy Player

CBF21202

CAG Veteran
Hey, I'm looking into getting the GameBoy Player. I don't need a GBA but I'd like to get some of the old NES games that GBA is offering.

Does anyone have?

Do we like it? Hate it?

Fill me in!!! :D

Awesome peripheral. I use it a ton. One of the best things Nintendo has done with this generation. I literally have 100 GB, GBC, and GBA games that I play on it.

I love it. Some of the games look really great on the TV, even in comparison to the GBA SP. Plus some GBA games have Gamecube specific features. The only thing you can't do is link your GB Player to your Gamecube for GBA-GC connections. Otherwise, it has all the GBA functions.

I have it, but I really havent used it too much. I find that I usually only play GBA games when I am not in the house or about to go to bed laying in my bed.

i imported a platinum player and got a US boot disc from nintendo.com its a nice idea, but i dont really use it....i think i only played a game on it once.....just get a regular GBA SP....they are down to $80....the player is $50......you can take the SP anywhere and get a lot more use out of it

Some games tend to look better on the t.v. than on the game boy. For instance Yu Yu hakousho. If you play that on your GBA than it's near impossible to discern what's going on but on a larger screen it makes it easier.

hey, i saw this at my local walmart, and wondered if this might be possibly better than the gameboy player...Its cheaper at least.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=76&products_id=2707&

datel-advanced_game_port1.jpg

I have one, it's pretty fun playing GBC games on TV. Easier on the eyes, but I don't use it often.

My future plan is to use the GBPlayer as a GBA to GC display. So GC1 functions as a primary console. GC2 functions as the GBA connectivity device. Example: GC1 will be on LCD widescreen while connected to GC2 operating as a GBA displaying the connectivity on another smaller TV.

[quote name='the_deej']hey, i saw this at my local walmart, and wondered if this might be possibly better than the gameboy player...Its cheaper at least.

[/quote]

a 3rd party peripheral being better, that's rich.
I(t sucks, no Game boy or game boy colour compatability, and games that use GBP enhancements won't play on there either. So No mario & Luigi superstar Saga

[quote name='DenisDFat'][quote name='the_deej']hey, i saw this at my local walmart, and wondered if this might be possibly better than the gameboy player...Its cheaper at least.

[/quote]

a 3rd party peripheral being better, that's rich.
I(t sucks, no Game boy or game boy colour compatability, and games that use GBP enhancements won't play on there either. So No mario & Luigi superstar Saga[/quote]

Yup, its just a generic GBP...I've seen those but all I hear is that they suck. Most people say if you are willing to spend the money the go for the best and there is nothing better than Nintendo's.

I have it... Got it with my Gamecube last Christmas. Its pretty cool, but if you're into the portable thing, spend some extra for the GBA or the DS when it comes out.

I use the Gamecube controller for the GB Player. I'm not that comfortable with it, but thats my only gripe.

[quote name='Magician']
I use the Gamecube controller for the GB Player. I'm not that comfortable with it, but thats my only gripe.[/quote]

That's true, it's kind of weird using the L/R or X/Y on the GC controllers in replacement of the GBA L/R, especially if you've been using the GBA already. It's not too bad though, and plus you could always import a Hori controller if it bugs you enough.

When is Nintendo going to lower the price of it? I mean really it's still $50 when the GBA can be found for cheaper and the SP for $80, plus the DS plays GBA games so Nintendo really needs to lower the price.

bread's done
Back