GameCrazy - 1 Free game with purchase.. - Sunday newspaper coupon

jdeluis

CAGiversary!
In Sunday's newspaper there will be a coupon for Gamecrazy in the coupon book for "1 Free Game $18.99 or less." You can also buy the Sunday preview Edition which is sold today Saturday.

"Buy any new or used game price $29.99 or more, get the second game $18.99 or less for free!" Offer good 12/14/08 - 12/23/08

Here is a picture of the coupon. best I can do because i don't have a scanner:

IMG_6059.jpg

Hmm...interesting, but 18.99 seems like an odd amount, like they deliberately are excluding all the 19.99 games. Can anyone give some examples of the cream of the crop 18.99 titles for 360/PS3?

they do it to deliberately exclude $19.99. I work at a game crazy. lol the $18.99 are a random bunch. SOMETIMES 1 or 2 $19.99 games drop for a day or 2 just to be part of a sale, not never anything very popular. Lots of "Triggerman" "stuntman" old sports titles "second sight" stuff like that. Decent games, but nothing to go nuts over. I'd still check it out though, you never know. I mean Heroes of Mana for DS is $18.99

The way this works is they drop all the shitty shit shit shit games that never sell to $18.99 or $14.99 and then use them for these "deals" so they can charge the maximum for them and exclude the actual good $20 games you'd want, while drawing in suckers.

Honestly, this is going to be awesome titles like "Future Tactics The Uprising" for PS2.

Except on used stuff.. this might be good then. Surprised it works for used.. this was always how they ran these $18.99 or less deals when I worked there.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Hmm...interesting, but 18.99 seems like an odd amount, like they deliberately are excluding all the 19.99 games. Can anyone give some examples of the cream of the crop 18.99 titles for 360/PS3?[/quote]

off the top of my head blue dragon, stranglehold

[quote name='RandyTsai']which newspaper?[/quote]

This was in the Los Angeles Times. Should be available in any major newspaper that packs all the ads and grocery coupons.

This may be YMMV, I haven't seen/heard of this, though it's pretty much the same deal they were running on Black Friday, but that was only with DS games then.

[quote name='jdeluis']This was in the Los Angeles Times. Should be available in any major newspaper that packs all the ads and grocery coupons.[/quote]

Preprint insert buys are far from national, and even if they do buy a given market, not necessarily all papers would have the insert. Most advertisers buy various home delivery zones based on location relative to their stores (ie, if you live x miles beyond one of their stores, they won't buy that zone because they think that you too far away to influance enough to come to their store. Given that advertisers have to pay significant sums to print inserts and then even more money to have them inserted in papers, advertisers place alot of thought into areas they want their inserts to be distributed.

I saw something on this this morning but I didn't catch the details, but it wasn't as cut and dry as the OP's post made it seem. I'll post when I learn more.

Oh, and a heads up, there's about 400 more games that are dropping to $18.99 or less on Tuesday. It's not all crap, either, I was able to look at an advance list.. there's a few pretty decent DS titles dropping down.

"CRAZ-4378 Advertising Supplement. While supplies last. See Store for details. Limit one coupon per transaction. Valid at all Game Crazy Stores. This coupon must be relinquished at the time of redemption and may not be printed, reproduced, sold or transferred. Offer good 12/14/08 - 12/23/08."

[quote name='Scorch']I saw something on this this morning but I didn't catch the details, but it wasn't as cut and dry as the OP's post made it seem. I'll post when I learn more.

Oh, and a heads up, there's about 400 more games that are dropping to $18.99 or less on Tuesday. It's not all crap, either, I was able to look at an advance list.. there's a few pretty decent DS titles dropping down.[/QUOTE]

I got the coupon and all it says is "see store for details", but otherwise it looks just like the OP has it (edit - well, duh, I just realized he has a scan there - that's exactly what I got). I wonder, though, if you could buy a new game and get a used game free (or vice versa). That might expand the options a bit.

I suppose I could get Persona 4 - but I have no idea what I'd pick as the free one. Scorch, what were those decent DS games that were dropping to $18.99 (just the highlights)?

A good one from the Black Friday sale was Heroes of Mana. They had this same deal on new DS games back then and I got Chrono Trigger for $40 and Heroes of Mana for free. That was a pretty decent deal that took made it palatable to spend $40 on a DS game ;).

it was also in Newsday for Long Island, NY in the usual grocery coupon insert/catalogs. btw the coupon does say no print outs, reproductions, etc. just to warn ya guys.
not sure if I'll use mine, never been to a gamecrazy & closest one to me is not near anything. I hate there are no prices on their site like EB & GS. btw there's another thread of a b&w coupon from some pizza store? for Gamecrazy for 20% off a used game & for Hollywood Video free rental w/2 rentals or movie purchase w/no expiration date someone uploaded. That one says no print outs either.

bread's done
Back