Gamecrazy 12/3 - 12/16 Deals B2G1, $49.95 PS2/XBOX, $99 Zune

briansraregames

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Spotted a few nice deals at gamecrazy today, Deals are in the new flyer and run through 12/16:

Buy a USED Gamecube System and get ANY USED Gamecube Game for FREE - ADDED 12/15

Ps2 Fat System USED - $49.95

Original XBOX System USED - $49.95

30 GB Zune (Brown) NEW - $99.95

30 GB Zune (Black/White) - $129.95

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on USED XBOX Games

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on USED Gameboy Advance Games

[quote name='Purkeynator']Ah, the return of the sub $100 brown zune. Nice deal thanks op.[/quote]

Is the brown Zune an inferior model?

Nice deal on the PS2. If I had the extra money, I'd probably pick up the system again.

[quote name='briansraregames']
Buy 2 Get 1 Free on USED XBOX Games

Buy 2 Get 1 Free on USED Gameboy Advance Games[/quote]

Damn if only this were X360 Games!!!!

[quote name='utopianmachine']Is the brown Zune an inferior model?

[/QUOTE]

Nope, the same as the other colors, just an ugly brown. I just bought a brown zune for my wife at CC yesterday for $100. If you don't like the color, buy a skin.

Actually I think the brown is inferior. I bought the brown for $99 on bestbuy.com. The version I got had never been updated AND WOULDN"T RUN ON VISTA. I already had the software on vista but It wouldnt read. So now BB is sending me the white 30G for $99 which they told me is already updated so Vista can read it.

They offered to let me buy PS2 games as B2G1 free for some odd reason tonight. They even gave me Grandia III discs instead of Grandia II disc =P

No wonder they didn't have the right discs for 2 of the games I tried to purchase before I got to Grandia II >__

Yay! Finally, another deal on a Zune. I don't care what the color is on a music player, as long as it plays music and is good quality. Still, I don't think I've ever seen zunes at my GC. I'll have to check, but if this deal has ben going on for awhile, then there's little to no chance that they are still in stock anywhere.

i work at a GC, no they're not Buy 2 get one free...unless you buy a PS2. If you buy a used PS2, you get to buy 2 and get 1 free for used PS2 games. as far as the GBA games. i think thats a fluke too cuz it's not going at my Game Crazy that I work at, nor is the B2 get 1 xbox one...once again, unles su buy a used xbox, THEN u get buy 2 get 1 free.

The employee that insisted PS2 was included with B2G1 free was rambling something about the District Manager just saying go with it, or something to that extent. I think its really only supposed to be used Xbox and GBA games are B2G1 free...

[quote name='freshzen']The employee that insisted PS2 was included with B2G1 free was rambling something about the District Manager just saying go with it, or something to that extent. I think its really only supposed to be used Xbox and GBA games are B2G1 free...[/quote]

Working at Game Crazy, the rules always seem in flux with Managers prostrating that "whatever gets us more revenue without breaking any major company rules, go with it."

So hey, if he lets you do a Buy 2 get 1 free on PS2 games and doesn't get in trouble for it, then why stop him?

Ura

I'm thinking of getting a zune as a christmas gift for someone. Isn't the 30gb zune in black a really good deal for 130? Also, if someone can upload the flyer, we can pricematch it elsewhere. Edit: it says new next to the brown not the black: is that refurb/used?

[quote name='benzene']^ I initially thought the brown was ugly from the pictures online, but it actully looks pretty nice in person.[/quote]

Brown Zune for $99, sounds pretty good. The $75 Doorbuster at TRU for BF for a 30g Zune was nice also.

My coworker has a Brown Zune. Yea benzene, its not that bad actually when you have it in hand.

Thanks briansraregames.

[quote name='hotwls13']Nope, the same as the other colors, just an ugly brown. I just bought a brown zune for my wife at CC yesterday for $100. If you don't like the color, buy a skin.[/QUOTE]

Circuit City has them for $100 in store currently?

well from waht i remember working at GC is that if you buy any system you get 12 free rentals and buy 2 get 1 free games and the games didn't have to be for that system so you could get buy 2 get 1 free 360 games but you would have to buy an xbox or a ps2 for $50.

in turn since most used 360 games are around $50 tops you could think of this as buy 3 360 games get a free xbox or ps2.

this is of course YMMV

I stopped by GameCrazy. No Zunes in stock and they still had their Black Friday holiday ad with no mention of a Zune (was gonna grab one to price match). Is this promotion for all GC locations?

[quote name='vinhj']I stopped by GameCrazy. No Zunes in stock and they still had their Black Friday holiday ad with no mention of a Zune (was gonna grab one to price match). Is this promotion for all GC locations?[/QUOTE]
not all stores keep them in stock.

Not all stores carry zunes. And the ones that do carry zunes usually got one in.

Yes. One.

We had the same brown one laying around for months. I'm glad someone finally bought it.

Not all GCs have Zunes, we used to but after we sold our last one they stopped giving them to us. Stores that have zunes are "test stores" for them, and they sold POORLY at my store cuz we had no zune accessories to go with them. But on topic. 12/11-12/18 is the buy 2 get 1 free on GBA and original Xbox games. I noticed some mention it. I opened today and we got the new flyers in but that sale doesnt start until then.

On another note, walmart had some GOOD deals on games. I went in looking for grimgrimoire and shining force EXA cuz people said they were $20 ther,e but I got command and conquer 3 for xbox 360 for $20...it's $40 everywhere els,e even at me game crazy. I also got LocoRoco for PSP cuz that was $20 also and normally its $30 at my store. But I did see dot hack part 3 (not G.U) and tons of Grandia IIIs for $20 also. Also i remember seeing stuff like TMNT for PS2, Call of Cthulu for xbox, baten kaitos origins for cube, all for $20, so check out your local walmart. I assume its overstock crap they're clearing out cuz they had tons of C&C 3s, and for $20 that game's def worth it.

Hmm, Grandia III is $20 at Wal-Mart? Nice find. I honestly don't remember seeing it at any of the local Wal-Marts though, shame, I'd totally add that to my sealed game collection.

I've seen Grandia III @ my local Wal-Marts, though I don't think it was $20 there. And, I'd definitely try hitting up my 'local' Gamecrazy, if it wasn't a 40 minute drive to get to the fuckin thing.

We must have 2-4 Hollywood Video stores up my way, but no damned GC stores.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've seen Grandia III @ my local Wal-Marts, though I don't think it was $20 there. And, I'd definitely try hitting up my 'local' Gamecrazy, if it wasn't a 40 minute drive to get to the fuckin thing.

We must have 2-4 Hollywood Video stores up my way, but no damned GC stores.[/quote]

Provided the Hollywood Video stores dont tank because of corporate's recent Chapter 11 filing, you may see a Game Crazy store planted in one of those HV stores, since we're the only part of the company turning a profit.

More than likely, though, it'll be a Game Crazy Mini store (I forget the exact name of the stores.) I remember a higher up telling me that these mini-stores were doing very well and that they were looking to expand, so keep an eye out.

Ura

Hey Urashima, glad to see another fellow Game Crazy employee. I work in Rhode Island, been there for 3 years this month. Definitely a fun job. You get your employee appreciation coupons?? I got assassins creed and mass effect used for $35 a piece!

from what I heard they are closing more than they are opening in the region I used to work in they have been slowly cleaning house on all the managers, district managers, and ever the regional manager to cut costs.

[quote name='Urashima']Provided the Hollywood Video stores dont tank because of corporate's recent Chapter 11 filing, you may see a Game Crazy store planted in one of those HV stores, since we're the only part of the company turning a profit.

More than likely, though, it'll be a Game Crazy Mini store (I forget the exact name of the stores.) I remember a higher up telling me that these mini-stores were doing very well and that they were looking to expand, so keep an eye out.

Ura[/quote]

I hope they'd make a GC store round by me, since the only time I enjoyed a sale from HWV was when they had 2/$20 on all used games $14.99 and under a while back. I nabbed some good stuff from that sale.

If for nothing though, I wish I could hit the one up by the one auto auction I used to hit with relatives in NY, since I've got a GOOD feeling that it might be an untapped gold mine. But, sadly, I haven't been 'needed' lately to hit the auctions.

Are the Game Crazy mini stores called "Game Zones"? I work for Movie Gallery and we have a Game Zone Mini in our store. We have alot of the Game Crazy POP stuff but we don't run the same deals.

[quote name='Scorch']I bet for every GC store they shut down, they could open two or three mini stores inside Hollywood Video.[/QUOTE]

Could you explain the mini store concept? How is it different from the current GC's inside Hollywood Video? That is all I have around here. They are self-contained with a separate entrance but have a connection inside to the Hollywood side and can close down independently of Hollywood (since they usually aren't open as long). Are these mini stores actually fully inside the Hollywood like Gamerush "stores" are inside Blockbusters? In the case of BB/GR there really isn't a separate store at all - you buy new games and do trades at the main checkout counter where everyone else rents movies.

I have never seen a BB/GR store but from your description the Game Zone sounds alot like that. I'm assuming that Hollywood Video's version of the mini game store is the same as the Movie Gallery version due to HV being owned by Movie Gallery and because I saw a mini game store in a HV that looked like ours.

We get in a sampling of the newest games. We get 95% of the AAA titles on the week they come out but sometimes we get them the week after. We sell consoles, accesories, used games, buy used games and take preorders. The only downside is it is not run as a seperate store. So not only do you have to wait in the main store line to get a game out of the case and buy it, sometimes there will be people working that aren't as versed in games as others.

[quote name='LordVila']I have never seen a BB/GR store but from your description the Game Zone sounds alot like that. I'm assuming that Hollywood Video's version of the mini game store is the same as the Movie Gallery version due to HV being owned by Movie Gallery and because I saw a mini game store in a HV that looked like ours.

We get in a sampling of the newest games. We get 95% of the AAA titles on the week they come out but sometimes we get them the week after. We sell consoles, accesories, used games, buy used games and take preorders. The only downside is it is not run as a seperate store. So not only do you have to wait in the main store line to get a game out of the case and buy it, sometimes there will be people working that aren't as versed in games as others.[/QUOTE]

That sounds very much like a Gamerush Blockbuster. They were pretty spotty about getting new games in though, even when I'd preorder months in advance. It was like the preorder meant nothing to whoever it was who was responsible for distribution of games. The regular Gamecrazy is much better about it. These mini stores sound decent though. It would be great if the local Hollywood opened up one of those, but it is unlikely. I have a bunch of GC stores around here, but they are all at least 10 miles away.

[quote name='LordVila']Are the Game Crazy mini stores called "Game Zones"? I work for Movie Gallery and we have a Game Zone Mini in our store. We have alot of the Game Crazy POP stuff but we don't run the same deals.[/quote]
It's basically the same thing. Game Zone is the same thing, just under the Movie Gallery name. It shouldn't really matter since GZ & GC are owned by the same company like EB/GS is owned under the same company.

As for GC-mini, yeah, it's the ones in Hollywood Video stores. The regular GC stores are the ones that are stand alone(meaning not in a HV store), like Gamestop is.

Does any GC employee know if they plan do mark down the classic plastic some more, so that everything will be cleared out?

[quote name='io']Could you explain the mini store concept? How is it different from the current GC's inside Hollywood Video? That is all I have around here. They are self-contained with a separate entrance but have a connection inside to the Hollywood side and can close down independently of Hollywood (since they usually aren't open as long). Are these mini stores actually fully inside the Hollywood like Gamerush "stores" are inside Blockbusters? In the case of BB/GR there really isn't a separate store at all - you buy new games and do trades at the main checkout counter where everyone else rents movies.[/quote]

From the scarce details that i've heard, the "mini" stores will have the latest and hottest games. That's it. No trade-ins/used games at all. Just the latest, hottest games. It's catering to the impulse buyers at Hollywood Video, and it's not a bad idea.

That was described to me a year or so ago, as the poster above said, they may have adjusted it to take used games, I dunno. I haven't heard anything on the subject, only that there may be an expansion in 08.

Does any GC employee know if they plan do mark down the classic plastic some more, so that everything will be cleared out?

2 for $5 is about as cheap as it'll go. $2.50 a piece isn't bad. And GC stores don't accept anything Dreamcast and back, so what you see is what's left. They'll do store-to-store transfers to essentially shuffle it all around, but there's not much left.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Sorry if its been answered before...

Do Zunes work with Vista?[/quote]
According to Microsoft, yes, it will work with Vista.

Oh, and Scorch, thanks for posting that. Was kinda hoping they might have some $1 fire sale or something. It's nothing but old sports at the GC stores I go to, might pick up some of the DC sport games up for $1. But wouldn't spend $2.50 on them since they're mostly disc only.

[quote name='NcX2A fUtBaLl']Actually I think the brown is inferior.[/QUOTE]

It's not (same hardware as the black or white). I picked one up and tested it with both Vista and XP after a firmware update and it functions well enough. The brown actually isn't that bad. It looks godawful in the pictures, but it actually has a nice semi-transparent green around it. It's rather nice, and the video quality is good as well. Definitely worth $99.

Anyone know of any good GameRush to GameCrazy credit converters?

Would love to get in on a Zune or maybe a PS2, but all my credit is at GR.

[quote name='Scorch'][/quote]

Hey Scorch, theres a new promo in this week's flyer for buy a gamecube system and get a free used GC game, do you know of any restrictions on the game? A gamecube and Zelda TP for $40 wouldn't be too shabby.

is there anything bad with these zune models? $99 sounds very tempting. what's the difference between these models and the new ones?

my GC has the zune confirmed but like metioned above, only 1 in stock.

[quote name='Wario64']is there anything bad with these zune models? $99 sounds very tempting. what's the difference between these models and the new ones?

my GC has the zune confirmed but like metioned above, only 1 in stock.[/QUOTE]

Old Zunes are bigger and thicker. Rubberized casing. Click pad and back buttons for control, lack Wifi syncing, smaller hard drive.

New zunes are smaller and more sleek with aluminum backs and glass fronts, they have a new touch pad thing for control, have WiFi syncing and come in 80, 4 and 8 GB sizes.

There's a lot more that is different, but those are probably the biggest.

bread's done
Back