GameCrazy $2 Games for MVP Members until 2/21

FrankTheFrowner

CAGiversary!
Feedback
116 (100%)
Just got an email from GameCrazy about this...

All used games $4.99 or less are just $2 for MVP members.

The e-mail says there are "100s of great titles". The titles shown in the email:

PS2 - Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (GH)
PS2 - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
PS2 - Metal Gear Solid 2
PS3 - Madden 08
PS3 - NBA 2K8
360 - Forza Motorsport 2
360 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
360 - Marvel Ultimate Alliance
360 - Perfect Dark Zero
360 - Quake 4

in for old sports titles!
actually might stop by my old store and pick up Ghost Recon or something
anyone know of some 360 gems at this price other than Marvel?

[quote name='Legendary Gokou']Some notable titles on the list ;

La Pucelle Tactics
Suikoden IV
Xenosaga I[/QUOTE]
Where's this mystical "list" you speak of?

I saw Zone of Enders (disc only), Viewtiful Joe (Gamecube), Starfox Adventures, Arc The Lad (PS2), & something else I was gonna buy for $2 that I forget what it was. I might go back this weekend to pick them up if they're still there. The only thing is, I'd have to buy their MVP card for $10, which is twice what I'd be spending for the games. Plus I don't want to buy the MVP card & the store closes. It's staying open for now, but as previously mentioned in the other GC thread, more stores will likely close as well.

That's a pretty good deal o Ghost Recon! I played it at someones house a few weeks ago and people till play the online multiplayer. I heard it has a good campaign too. That game is definitely worth picking up even though it's a really old game!

Some real good games can be had for $2. Even though most old original XBox games (just for price comparison POV) go for under $1, you figure in shipping and your lucky to get away paying less then $4. For $2 that's just sick. I wonder how much they take for TIV on these games?

Hmm tempting. I have yet to get Forza 2 and I don't think I'm going to find a better deal than this. I'll probably be kicking myself if I don't buy any games... if only I didn't have a 10-15 game backlog spanning back to PS1 and PS2 games.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Where's this mystical "list" you speak of?[/QUOTE]

The manager printed out the list to see if any titles had been left out when I went. The games that I picked up are ;

Klonoa 2
Mobile Suit Gundam ; Journey to Jaburo
Romancing Saga
La Pucelle Tactics
Xenosaga
Suikoden IV
Megaman X7
Metal Gear Solid 2

All disc only unfortunately, but still not bad.

Yeah, there are a lot of decent PS2 titles at $4.99. Same with original XBox. If you were ever looking at picking up some older PS2 games, this would be the time. Can't beat the price.

[quote name='Legendary Gokou']The manager printed out the list to see if any titles had been left out when I went. The games that I picked up are ;

Klonoa 2
Mobile Suit Gundam ; Journey to Jaburo
Romancing Saga
La Pucelle Tactics
Xenosaga
Suikoden IV
Megaman X7
Metal Gear Solid 2

All disc only unfortunately, but still not bad.[/QUOTE]

Could your post the list the employee printed out ?

I picked up:
Gallop racer-PS2
NBA Jam-Xbox
Eye toy Groove and Eye toy Play-PS2
all of these were without original box or manual. As for the eye toy games. I have the camera so I might as well make some use out of it.

I picked up the following, going to the 2 remaining stores in the area:

Wartech: Senko no Ronde
Arcade Unplugged Volume 1
The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind GotY Edition (Complete w/Maps & Instructions)

Most of the stock was disc only, but there were a few previous rentals mixed in there with the actual cover art but generic spine & back cover.

I might pick up the case & instructions for Wartech here, but it will cost me almost $4 (almost twice what I paid for the game!) :D

Picked up:
Perfect Dark
Metal Gear Solid 2

The box for Perfect Dark is completely destroyed, but I have an extra box from the Watchmen promotion last year.

To all the people asking for lists, there is no list. All games that were previously $4.99 are now $2.00 for MVPs. If someone was to post a list of all the games at this price point then it would take them till the 21st to post it. Go check out what your local GC has, sometime it surprises me the stuff we put out there.

[quote name='FiendCameron']To all the people asking for lists, there is no list. All games that were previously $4.99 are now $2.00 for MVPs. If someone was to post a list of all the games at this price point then it would take them till the 21st to post it. Go check out what your local GC has, sometime it surprises me the stuff we put out there.[/QUOTE]

I went to my store and some of the games in the ad were not marked at $4.99 and I was told that only the few that they had marked at $4.99 were $2.00.

Thats why a list would be helpful.....

[quote name='merlin803']I went to my store and some of the games in the ad were not marked at $4.99 and I was told that only the few that they had marked at $4.99 were $2.00.

Thats why a list would be helpful.....[/QUOTE]

a list of this deal would consist of every $4.99 game that Game Crazy sells. There are hundreds. Which game was in the ad that wasn't $2?

[quote name='FiendCameron']a list of this deal would consist of every $4.99 game that Game Crazy sells. There are hundreds. Which game was in the ad that wasn't $2?[/QUOTE]

Two that I noticed was madden 08 and NBA 2K8. All the 2K7 games were marked as $4.99 but none of the 2K8 games were. They told me that only the games specifically marked $4.99 and on one specific shelf (which there were only a handful of) were $2.

So, I guess we are supposed to randomly pick out titles, stand in line and have them check each price so that we know which ones are eligible....

Maybe it is just that my specific store sucks though, lol.

Madden 08 applies if i recall the price. We had a copy of the PS3 one for $2. I picked up Metroid Prime, Star Fox Adventures, Super Monkey Ball, and a few other GC games i've been missing for some reason.

[quote name='TheAngryCAG']Scored Live Arcade Unplugged for 360, complete with unused 1 month card[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this. I wouldn't have stopped by if you hadn't mentioned it. I walked out with a copy, too. :D

[quote name='merlin803']Two that I noticed was madden 08 and NBA 2K8. All the 2K7 games were marked as $4.99 but none of the 2K8 games were. They told me that only the games specifically marked $4.99 and on one specific shelf (which there were only a handful of) were $2.

So, I guess we are supposed to randomly pick out titles, stand in line and have them check each price so that we know which ones are eligible....

Maybe it is just that my specific store sucks though, lol.[/QUOTE]

If it's anything like the Gamecrazy I used to work at, then they are horrible about price changes. This means that the game may not be marked as $4.99, but it really is. And I know that overall, Hollywood/Gamecrazy are bad about keeping up with price changes. This happened to me during the $5 sale at Hollywood; Fallout 3 was still marked at $39.99, but when I took it to the register, it rang up as $29.99 down to $5.

bread's done
Back