GameCrazy Deals (3/17 - 3/25)

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
These are all prices for the new copies. I don't know if they'll drop used. If they do, used is almost always $5 cheaper than the new price (Except for the higher priced stuff. (19.99/14.99, 29.99/24.99, 39.99/34.99, 49.99/41.99, 59.99/49.99

Wii

:hot::hot::hot:Alvin and the Chipmunks $19.99 :hot::hot::hot:!!!!!!!
Call of Duty 3 $29.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $29.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 $29.99
Samurai Warriors Katana $39.99 (How is this not bargain bin yet?!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe $29.99
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $29.99

DS

Petz Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, Hamsterz Life 2 - all $19.99
Imagine Babyz, Animal Doctor, Master Chef and Fashion Designer - all $19.99

PS3
Assassin's Creed - $39.99 (3/16-3/22 only)

X360
Assassin's Creed $39.99 (3/16-3/22 only)
Call of Duty 4 $39.99*** (3/16-3/22 only)
***Free copy of Call of Duty 3 w/ purchase
The Darkness $14.99 (Used only?)

[quote name='runpuddrun']So in the OP it says that COD4 and 3 are only available on the 16th - 22nd. Well, that is today. Why is everyone saying monday?[/quote]

I'm curious too. Is it really starting today for the cod4 deal or Monday? Can anyone give just a quick confirmation that it is valid today?
I think I'm a bit blind since I cant find the ad on the gamecrazy website.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Probably in the store.[/quote]
The nearest GC is about 30 miles away and I want to confirm before I make the drive to pick this up.

I stopped in to GameCrazy this morning and they had the ad sitting there, but the deals don't start until the 17th (Monday).

[quote name='akmgmer']I stopped in to GameCrazy this morning and they had the ad sitting there, but the deals don't start until the 17th (Monday).[/quote]

Thank you for the confirmation. It looks like Monday I will be getting another copy of COD4. Saved me a trip today.

No problem. I just can't wait to pick up CoD 4 tomorrow! I've been waiting for a while to get it and now I finally can, and with a great deal too.

[quote name='akmgmer']I stopped in to GameCrazy this morning and they had the ad sitting there, but the deals don't start until the 17th (Monday).[/quote]
I wish I had seen this post before I went there. It's not close by my house.

Yup they told me the same thing (it was in the ad).

In the future, can people that post these thread post whether they saw the ad.

It's a good heads up on the info but posted the wrong date wastes lots of time.

The one I went to said they didn't have any COD4s and that to order it would take 2 weeks.

I'm going to try another one further away tomorrow or order it and maybe they'll let me prepay for it at $39.99 (+ give COD3).

indeed said the same thing he even pulled the games from the shelf then checked the computer and said the coupon wont deduct the diff till tommorow now i have to go early as soon as they open cuz he said alot of people askedabout it

Well for some reason, the people at Crazy wouldn't sell me a new Darkness for $15. I guess I'm supposed to magically know that when the prices are in red next to all new games in the add, those are "used prices" and not for sealed copies. Nowhere in the add does it say it's only used prices. They wouldn't sell it to me for that price. Complete waste of time.

[quote name='killer9']indeed said the same thing he even pulled the games from the shelf then checked the computer and said the coupon wont deduct the diff till tommorow now i have to go early as soon as they open cuz he said alot of people askedabout it[/QUOTE]

Hm well I managed to get it to work, after about ten minutes of them figuring out what to do, I got COD4 for $39.99 with a free COD3, however they would only give me a used COD3, the ad did not specify new or used so I couldn't really argue, I had already been worn down by the head scratching and trying to figure out how to get the register to ring it up properly.

[quote name='Blackout542']Well for some reason, the people at Crazy wouldn't sell me a new Darkness for $15. I guess I'm supposed to magically know that when the prices are in red next to all new games in the add, those are "used prices" and not for sealed copies. Nowhere in the add does it say it's only used prices. They wouldn't sell it to me for that price. Complete waste of time.[/quote]

The $14.99 should be the new price.. I'll check tomorrow, I think most of the deals go into effect in the morning. Maybe it was the used price. That's kinda weird.. and lame.

Alvin and the Chipmunks got a 1.7 Abysmal rating from IGN.

Your sarcasm detector seems broken

Marvel Ultimate Alliance Wii $19.99 new $17.99 used at Gamestop. 10 bucks is 10 bucks.

And GameCrazy pricematches, so..

Heads up to those wanting COD4.. there was a few copies in my hollywood transfer of ex-rentals over to GC today, and the used price WILL drop to 34.99/31.49 with MVP tomorrow.. I'm just sayin'.. might wanna get there fairly early..

[quote name='rcaido']Gamecrazy price matches? Does that work on trades too, like pricematch blockbuster trade in values?[/QUOTE]
From www.gamecrazy.com

Best Deal on Trades

DO believe the hype, gamers. We WILL give you the best deals on trades. It's a guarantee. Trade in, trade up, trade upside down—at our fine game establishment, you will get more games for less cash by trading in your old titles. NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, Dreamcast, PSOne: if you still got 'em, WE WANT 'EM, BABIES! If you have questions on a particular game or price, stop by or give a ringy ding to your local Game Crazy store.

So yeah they have to match trade prices. I did it the other day with a print of gamestop.com's trade in value page. They won't add MVP though that maybe YMMV.

[quote name='runpuddrun']game rush gives the best trade vales by far, GS sucks...[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying they don't suck but just printing out a piece of paper from their website got me $10 extra dollars at GC.

GC will match ALL trade in values, if they don't and you have proof from the competitor talk to the DM ( These stores are so small that you might as well skip the manager because they are probably the one that told you no)

[quote name='runpuddrun']yeah, I'm just saying that you should match Gamerush's TIV, rather match GS's TIV...

what $10 coupon are you talking about?[/QUOTE]
i mean a $10 difference in TIV

When I went on Saturday I asked and they told me it would be a new one.

[quote name='runpuddrun']So in the OP it says that COD4 and 3 are only available on the 16th - 22nd. Well, that is today. Why is everyone saying monday? Sucks that they aren't on the PS3, I plan to buy them and flip them to GR to get COD for the PS3.[/quote]
I called and verified that's how I knew it to be monday instead of the 16th :(..

[quote name='bryenfury']I called and verified that's how I knew it to be monday instead of the 16th :(..[/quote]
I went to one yesterday and they said today also (I saw the sales paper).

However, I called another they said it's tomorrow for the COD4 deal yet everything else in the paper is today.

What bull.

[quote name='Indiana']Did anyone score the COD deal? Was COD3 new or used?[/quote]

I just got back from the GameCrazy near my house and got the deal to work. It was new CoD4 and new CoD3 for 39.99.

They were suprised when I asked about the deal and didn't have a barcode for it but they gave it to me anyway because it was in the ad. They gave me a new copy of CoD3 only after a call to the DM so I think that might depend on what he says.

im totally pissed of just spent 20 mins in gamcrazy and sum old ass clerk in his 40's no business in a gamecrazy doesnt have a clue about what im talking about no clue about any deals checks the pc nothing what the hell man im pissed off

[quote name='akmgmer']I just got back from the GameCrazy near my house and got the deal to work. It was new CoD4 and new CoD3 for 39.99.

They were suprised when I asked about the deal and didn't have a barcode for it but they gave it to me anyway because it was in the ad. They gave me a new copy of CoD3 only after a call to the DM so I think that might depend on what he says.[/QUOTE]

Cool, which store did you go to?

[quote name='killer9']im totally pissed of just spent 20 mins in gamcrazy and sum old ass clerk in his 40's no business in a gamecrazy doesnt have a clue about what im talking about no clue about any deals checks the pc nothing what the hell man im pissed off[/quote]

Did you ask about the new weekly ad? It just came out recently.

Also, I was able to get the deal. At first he said it was for the USED copy of CoD4 and I asked if he could check, which he did (called DM). Sure enough new copy of COD4 and a USED copy of COD3.

I thought it was going to be new but I didn't want to push the issue since the ad said nothing either way. But I am happy

he told me to call back when his boss gets in cuz he doesnt know bout the deal pisses me off its like gamestop damn it same frustration

No one at Gamecrazy had a clue what I was talking about. The only thing they knew about was a price drop on Monday but no deal on COD3.

i should have swiped the ad i saw friday but the clerk pulled them back off the counter and yesterday i go there the clerk is almost handing me the games and said oops not ill monday then monday no clue of what deal im talking about god damn !!!

I just got back from Game Crazy. Great deal COD 4 and COD 3 new for $39.99 and the employee even knew of the deal! Thanks OP!

Which store did you go to?

[quote name='Indiana']I just got back from Game Crazy. Great deal COD 4 and COD 3 new for $39.99 and the employee even knew of the deal! Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

ok just called they have the deal but they have no call of duty 3 i have to waiit for a shipment sumtime after noon so maybe i will be able to get it crosses fingers

I called 3 different stores, all about an hour away from me, and got three different stories. Store #1 said no deal COD 4 new $60, used $55. Store #2 said the deal is legit but not active until Wed.. Store #3 said COD 4 new is $40 but no COD 3 (new or used) with it. I'm afraid that without a good scan of this deal flyer, this is more YMMV than originally thought.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']on second thought I think I'll call first. no offense scorch but gamecrazy stores seem so poorly managed most of the time.[/quote]

I'm not going to disagree. I had to inform a few other managers last night that this deal was coming up, they had no idea. There's literally been no paperwork on it either, had I not seen the ad, I wouldn't have known.

he told me to call back when his boss gets in cuz he doesnt know bout the deal pisses me off its like gamestop damn it same frustration

Your attitude certainly isn't helping matters. Seriously, you don't have to reply every 30 minutes.

The deal isn't YMMV, unforeseen. However, the knowledge of the employees is.

Good to hear that several of you are getting in on the deal. If there's a coupon for it, i'll try to scan it tonight to help you guys out.

bread's done
Back