GameCrazy Deals (3/17 - 3/25)

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
These are all prices for the new copies. I don't know if they'll drop used. If they do, used is almost always $5 cheaper than the new price (Except for the higher priced stuff. (19.99/14.99, 29.99/24.99, 39.99/34.99, 49.99/41.99, 59.99/49.99

Wii

:hot::hot::hot:Alvin and the Chipmunks $19.99 :hot::hot::hot:!!!!!!!
Call of Duty 3 $29.99
Marvel Ultimate Alliance $29.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 $29.99
Samurai Warriors Katana $39.99 (How is this not bargain bin yet?!)
Spiderman: Friend or Foe $29.99
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam $29.99

DS

Petz Dogz 2, Catz 2, Horsez 2, Hamsterz Life 2 - all $19.99
Imagine Babyz, Animal Doctor, Master Chef and Fashion Designer - all $19.99

PS3
Assassin's Creed - $39.99 (3/16-3/22 only)

X360
Assassin's Creed $39.99 (3/16-3/22 only)
Call of Duty 4 $39.99*** (3/16-3/22 only)
***Free copy of Call of Duty 3 w/ purchase
The Darkness $14.99 (Used only?)

[quote name='akmgmer']I went to the store in Plainfield, Indiana.[/QUOTE]

lol now I know why the employee knew of the deal. :)

[quote name='dubbfoolio']called in and the guy said he knew nothing about the COD4 deal and that the Darkness was $15 used. Gamecrazy in Tempe, AZ sucks.[/quote]

It may be a bit of a drive for you, but I just got the deal at the gamecrazy on 90th st. and shea in scottsdale ( just off 101 across from the hospital).
The guy knew about the deal and it was quick and painless.
This whole deal worked out great, for once my GC knew what I was talking about, and I was able to get rid of my credit before they go out of business.

Unforseen I love your panda gif. The original panda was funny and this one is great as well!

Hate to add to the confusion, but I just called a Game Crazy in San Jose, CA. Told me starting tomorrow on Tuesday, COD4 will be $34.99. COD3 will be free only if you buy COD4 and an Xbox 360 console. Was anybody else told something similar?

[quote name='JohnLa101']Hate to add to the confusion, but I just called a Game Crazy in San Jose, CA. Told me starting tomorrow on Tuesday, COD4 will be $34.99. COD3 will be free only if you buy COD4 and an Xbox 360 console. Was anybody else told something similar?[/quote]

I love how a lot of Gamecrazy managers just make things up. I was ready to head out the door and now I'm not sure if I'll jump on these deals or not. I'm certainly not going out of my way. I think people would be much more inclined to frequent gamecrazy if the sales weren't YMMV because of the manager's fleeting discretion.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']I love how a lot of Gamecrazy managers just make things up. I was ready to head out the door and now I'm not sure if I'll jump on these deals or not. I'm certainly not going out of my way. I think people would be much more inclined to frequent gamecrazy if the sales weren't YMMV because of the manager's fleeting discretion.[/quote]

I am curious to why they don't call the DM. Honestly I believe it rings up at the price so you just have to throw out the CoD3.

I am glad I was able to get the deal with little issue. If I can get to a scanner here today I will be able to post the ad since I have the copy here just no scanner at the moment.

I wonder if this could also lead to the reasons to why these are closing left and right. Shame to see so many people having issues.

[quote name='JohnLa101']Hate to add to the confusion, but I just called a Game Crazy in San Jose, CA. Told me starting tomorrow on Tuesday, COD4 will be $34.99. COD3 will be free only if you buy COD4 and an Xbox 360 console. Was anybody else told something similar?[/quote]

Used copies are $34.99. This deal does not require you to buy an XBox 360 console. Ask for the district manager's phone number.. Get the deal that it's supposed to be: COD3 free with purchase of COD4 at $39.99. I hate how some managers try to pull that.

[quote name='Scorch']Used copies are $34.99. This deal does not require you to buy an XBox 360 console. Ask for the district manager's phone number.. Get the deal that it's supposed to be: COD3 free with purchase of COD4 at $39.99. I hate how some managers try to pull that.[/quote]

Should you get the COD3 new or used, Scorch?

Does anybody have any copies of the ad. My local game crazy states they only have a confirmed price drop of cod 4 of 40.00 but with no free cod 3. Where were theses ad posted, was it in Sunday paper or somewhere else. Please post a scan of the ad if any of you have it.

What a fucking mess! None of the employees knew anything! I had to explain it all and even find the ad for them!

Why is this always the case with Gamecrazy?

I am not blamming the employees here, they were somewhat polite and I appreciate taht, but damn it, this company has got to be one of the worst right now. I am so sick and tired of defending myself when it comes to decent promotions. Its to the point now where I believe Gamecrazy pulls this shit on purpose. I am not 100% sure why they tell don't their employees what the hell is going on, but because there is always so much confusion, there must be a reason. I don't think its a bunch on lack of communication coincidences...theres more to it and its shady.

With that being said, I was able to take advantage of this deal, but my goodness, it took a lot.

I have the ad, but no scanner with me at the moment. If you are planning on going to GC today: Brace yourself.

I went in there at about 10:30 and traded in some old PS2 titles expecting to get around $20 for them. Ended up being a little over $40 and I asked the guy there (who had "store director" on his name tag) if he had any COD4s for the 360 (I didn't see any on the shelf, but there were a lot of games out there). He looked it up on the computer which literally took 5 seconds and said they were 39.99 new and 34.99 used. I asked him about the sale but he didn't think it started yet so he went to the back to check.

A minute later he came out and said the sale started and let me choose whether or not I wanted the gold edition COD3. I also picked up the darkness which he seemed to know was on sale without checking.

So, after about 10 minutes total I walked out with COD4, COD3 Gold Edition, and The Darkness for 16 bucks. I'm so glad my GameCrazy wasn't one of the ones that closed.

[quote name='joshnorm']Should you get the COD3 new or used, Scorch?[/quote]

Just so its clear the sale is supposed to be new copies of both games.

If anyone has any trouble just tell the to check the fcc for new email msgs.

My gamecrazy only has 1 copy of cod3 so good luck to everyone hoping to get both.

Well, I was super apprehensive when I walked in to the closest GC this afternoon, figuring that either they wouldn't honor the deal, or would be sold out. It seems that I lucked out though and got a super cool employee to help me. Not only did they honor the deal (once I showed them the ad, which they couldn't believe!), they also matched BB's trade-in values on a couple games (which they also couldn't believe!), so nearly all of it was paid for in credit.

In the end I was so happy with how cool and easy things went that I figured I'd throw them a bone and re-uped my MVP and bought that `game protection' racket on all three games (COD4, COD3 and The Darkness). Hopefully there will be some more good deals in the future that I can get some use from my MVP card with.

So wait....we have confirmations, push back dates, new/used or buy a system confusion, and no Ad to reference?

Should I even bother calling on this or will I sound like a tard?

[quote name='CaptPete']Well, I was super apprehensive when I walked in to the closest GC this afternoon, figuring that either they wouldn't honor the deal, or would be sold out. It seems that I lucked out though and got a super cool employee to help me. Not only did they honor the deal (once I showed them the ad, which they couldn't believe!), they also matched BB's trade-in values on a couple games (which they also couldn't believe!), so nearly all of it was paid for in credit.

In the end I was so happy with how cool and easy things went that I figured I'd throw them a bone and re-uped my MVP and bought that `game protection' racket on all three games (COD4, COD3 and The Darkness). Hopefully there will be some more good deals in the future that I can get some use from my MVP card with.[/quote]

I wish one of the Blockbusters near me had a Gamerush so I could match trade-ins, but there isn't even one in the tri-state area for me to go to. Closest one to me is in upstate New York, might as well be on the moon. I always hear about GR and their crazy trade in values on posts and am so jealous.

I got mine at the 16th/Camelback (Phoenix) one no problem. I also got PDZ $8 and Still Life (xbox) for $11. They still had a few copies of each as of 2pm.

Glad my local GC honored this deal:
Picked up CoD4 with CoD3 (regular edition) - $39.99
The Darkness - $14.99

They had to scan a barcode for the offer to work (included in corporate email?)
First they stated that the sale started tomorrow but scanned the barcode and it worked.

[quote name='Nikadimas']I wish one of the Blockbusters near me had a Gamerush so I could match trade-ins, but there isn't even one in the tri-state area for me to go to. Closest one to me is in upstate New York, might as well be on the moon. I always hear about GR and their crazy trade in values on posts and am so jealous.[/QUOTE]

There aren't any GameRush BB's near me either, just your run of the mill Blockbuster Video stores. Standard corporate stores started taking trade-ins a while back. As long as _they_ know that they're taking trade-ins and will either answer the phone when GameCrazy calls, or will give you a printout with the trade value, then you should be able to match them. I just made sure to have them call a store that I'd done trades at before.

Damn. Actually called mine and they are out of COD3. Can't guarantee if they'll get more so it's only the game for $40. But they did know about it.

This was the GC in Palatine IL for reference.

I got mine ok with no problems from the one around Rowan University In South Jersey, The Mantua One Is Sold Out......

Mid-Day notes:

- Bar code scan coming tonight
- The deal is for NEW COPIES ONLY of COD3, though the employee working may let you grab a used one
- The Darkness IS $14.99 new, $12.99 used. Same price on Sonic (X360 and PS3)

In the mean time, if the employee does not know where to get a bar code:

Tell them to back out to the main menu, hit F6 for the intranet, scroll down to the latest news on the right side, it says either "MARCH ADVO" or "EASTER ADVO", not sure which. Hold ctrl and hit P to print. The coupon will print out.

Got a good employee at my GC (guy I went to high school with); he called up the manager, who said that it starts tomorrow, but he put aside a copy of each game for me, so I should be fine. I don't mind waiting an extra day, and the store's really close to my house, so it's all good.

The sale technically starts tomorrow, but all prices and coupons are active today.

Hey, if you guys have any questions about trade-in value or prices, IM me on ScorchCAG.

[quote name='Scorch']Mid-Day notes:

- Bar code scan coming tonight
- The deal is for NEW COPIES ONLY of COD3, though the employee working may let you grab a used one
- The Darkness IS $14.99 new, $12.99 used. Same price on Sonic (X360 and PS3)

In the mean time, if the employee does not know where to get a bar code:

Tell them to back out to the main menu, hit F6 for the intranet, scroll down to the latest news on the right side, it says either "MARCH ADVO" or "EASTER ADVO", not sure which. Hold ctrl and hit P to print. The coupon will print out.[/quote]

haha I love it! thanks scorch. if I told the manager of my gamecrazy this he'd flip out. last time I told him about how I knew about a sale before he did from CAG he said that "THEY'RE GOING TO GET THEIR ASSES SUED!" He's not doing anything to break the comic book guy stereotype.

comic-book-guy.jpg

Went today, and came up with the following to reinforce what Scorch said.

- Call Of Duty 4 (360) rings up at $39.99 starting today (3/17).
- New Call Of Duty 3 (360) is free with purchase starting 3/18 (tomorrow, Wednesday)
- It's up to you whether or not you get the regular or gold edition. The clerk grabbed the regular edition first, but I politely asked if I could get the gold and he had no problem with it. Both titles are the same price, and he didn't appear to care. However, since the deal starts tomorrow in their system, I'm going back tomorrow.

The clerk also offered to match Blockbuster/Gamerush's trade values (Avatar 360 from $12 to $22) no problem, cutting down the cost of Call Of Duty 4 for me without me asking for it. Always nice to see clerks on top of things.

used copies of the darkness were priced at 14.99 at 2 locations i went to today. whats the chances of me being able to get the difference back? i bought four copies so i wouldn't mind the 8 bucks

[quote name='rofljeff']I'm kind of confused. Do we need a coupon for the special deal or can we just go there to buy the games.[/quote]
It's an advertised special. No coupon needed - the employees are the ones who need a barcode to ring up the special, which all stores should have by tomorrow morning.

Today I got (on 360):

2 copies of COD4 for $39.99

1 with COD3 Gold and 1 regular. (only 1 Gold left)

Also got Darkness for $14.99

I would jump on this if I hadn't already borrowed CoD4 from my friend and sodomized the campaign on veteran until it begged for mercy and gave me 1000 achievement points to stop.

thank you scorch finally got my cod4 and cod3 both brand new still sealed you sir are the man sorry for the earlier posts i was raged ^_^

Just popping in to say I just bought COD4 $39.99 and was given a new copy of COD3 (regular).

Thanks for the heads-up! This was in Denver, CO.

In for COD4 for $39.99 at Roseville, MN store. They didn't have any COD3 new, and after a quick call he said they couldn't give me the used copy. Fortunately he called one of his buddies at another nearby store and said he could get a copy for me tonight, just gotta go back in tomorrow to pick it up. Really good service aside from the tough, irritating sell on the game protection thing. PM me if you need a receipt scan.

I scored a sealed copy of COD4 w/ free COD3(Gold) and the Darkness earlier today. Funny thing though is that they tried to tack on some Game Protection without even letting me know, I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice.

[quote name='jazzman']I scored a sealed copy of COD4 w/ free COD3(Gold) and the Darkness earlier today. Funny thing though is that they tried to tack on some Game Protection without even letting me know, I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice.[/quote]

Thats bullshit. I would of been pissed. I seriously lost all respect for this company after today.

Scorch, I know you got to work, but man...I hope something better pops up for you.

[quote name='dubbfoolio']last time I told him about how I knew about a sale before he did from CAG he said that "THEY'RE GOING TO GET THEIR ASSES SUED!".[/quote]

How dare I promote our store! What kind of asshole employee wants to help his company get money!?

I'm kind of confused. Do we need a coupon for the special deal or can we just go there to buy the games.
The only coupon is for COD4/COD3, and the employee has this. Or should, anyway.

Scorch, does COD4 being on sale effect its trade in value? I was going to trade it and a few others at my GC to help cover R6V2.
Unfortunately, it does. It trades in at $22 with MVP. After the sale, it will go back up. We were also told NOT to tradematch COD4 just because it's on sale.. but you could probably still find an employee to do it.

thank you scorch finally got my cod4 and cod3 both brand new still sealed you sir are the man sorry for the earlier posts i was raged ^_^
Good to hear that you got in on the deal, killer9.

Scorch, I know you got to work, but man...I hope something better pops up for you.
I enjoy what I do.. it allows me to discuss games and bring deals to my favorite forum on the net. I'm sorry that you have a bad store. They DO inform the employees of the sale. The ads are shipped a week in advance to stores (which is how I saw it), and it's on the local intranet, which all employees are free to use. Bad managers leads to bad employees which leads to bad customer service. I do appreciate you not lumping me in with the uninformed, though :)

Maybe this next bit of information will bring some relief to you all:

#1 - I'm not going to post the coupon. I don't want to risk my job or anything. I'm sure it's against some sort of rule out there or something.

#2 - If you're an MVP member or even have some sort of account at a GameCrazy, you're likely to receive the ad by week's end. From March 18th to March 20th, 10 million ads are being mailed out, so you may see it in your mailbox.

BTW, thanks for the info Scorch. The employees were very helpful and even held a copy of the games I wanted until I arrived, but the only downside was when they tried to sneak in that Game Protection plan. It still won't stop me from going back and taking advantage of any future deals, just need to stay aware.

yeah i got hooked for game protection without noticing didnt want to go back it was 4 for cod4 and 2 for cod3 still dont know what this buys me

There's no such game protection for $4. $14.99 and under is $1, $14.99 to $34.99 (I think) is $2, higher than that is $3. If shit breaks, bring it back. Simple as that.

This is what I got.
Two used copies of COD4 and 2 used copies of COD3.
I'm not complaining though, he let me stack my MVP card to make it $62 for all 4 games :).
The used copies looked brand new, except the game cases were the ones they use for display, but I really didn't care.

Thanks Scorch for the heads up!

bread's done
Back