GameCrazy deals for the month of July

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Be aware that these were posted on GameCrazy's intranet, so YMMV on the employee's intelligence, as always.

25% more credit when you trade in three or more games. MVP MEMBERS ONLY
Valid from 6/29 - 7/15
As usual, MVP does not stack.

2 for $25 on all $19.99 and under used games (I know that this has been posted)
Valid from 6/29 - 7/5

Guitar Hero: World Tour Bundle - $99.99 for XBox 360 and PS3
Valid 7/1 to 7/31

Buy any Guitar Hero game or bundle for any system and get a NEW copy of Guitar Hero Aerosmith for free. Supplies are limited to what the store has on hand.
Valid 7/1 to 7/31

Not a bad deal if you were looking at picking up the WT bundle.. $99 for GH World Tour, Instruments and Aerosmith is a pretty good deal.. but I doubt anyone is still holding off on it. Not the best of deals, but I thought I'd post them anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
ill probably pass.. although 2 20 dollar games for 25 might get a bite from me. I dont trade anything into gamecrazy unless gamestop doesnt except it. contrary to popular belief, (IMO and experiences), they rip you off far worse that people claim gamestop does..

gamecrazy matches tradein values and gives you 5% more so if you're getting ripped off at gc, it's your own fault for not getting values matched

[quote name='Scorch']gamecrazy matches tradein values and gives you 5% more so if you're getting ripped off at gc, it's your own fault for not getting values matched[/QUOTE]

not all gamecrazys do, at least the ones in fort wayne dont... I took in a print out ad from gamestop showin wwhat they give and they said they would NOT match the offers.

did the 2 for 25 today

picked up

Wild arms 5 and Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories both for the ps2.... already dump Kingdom hearts to goozex for 600 pts...

will pick up 3 ... 200 pt game i want there

so for

25 bucks + 2 bucks shipping + 3 game credits

30 bucks i got
Wild arms 5 ps2
and
3 ds games

so i can say i paid about 7.50 per game

[quote name='Scorch']gamecrazy matches tradein values and gives you 5% more so if you're getting ripped off at gc, it's your own fault for not getting values matched[/QUOTE]

actually no scorch, it isnt my fault, they may match that measly five percent, but they never stack any promos with MVP (like Edge) and furthermore, many times I ask to have a TIV matched, and they ask what it is, if its a good one from GS/EB, they usually are like "nah man sorry i cant touch that!" b/c the TIV is so much better. They simply dont have the means to compete, and i heard through the grapevine that the ones at least in central texas, are closing b/c they cant compete. I dont know about the ones elsewhere.

and why so hostile? do you work there? i may have taken that out of context but it sounded rather hostile

i think it's not a matter of "can't" compete, as "won't" compete. Pricematching policies can be determined at manager's discretion in many cases.

With 2 different stores, i've had 1 manager accept a killer pricematch (30$ game, knocked to 5 $), and the other manager wouldn't even touch a 5$ off.

maybe some regional retard said that the stores in that area can't PM. which directly affected bottom lines for them. All it takes is one idiot far enough up a command structure, to make a large area suffer.

I might sell something. Do they accept games not in good condition or charge refurb fees? I would try to get them to PM Gamestop, but I don't see how that is possible since there's really no way to show them.

[quote name='slidecage']not all gamecrazys do, at least the ones in fort wayne dont... I took in a print out ad from gamestop showin wwhat they give and they said they would NOT match the offers.[/QUOTE]

They match base trade-in values, not deals or bonus percentages or anything like that. And shut up about goozex.

actually no scorch, it isnt my fault, they may match that measly five percent, but they never stack any promos with MVP (like Edge) and furthermore, many times I ask to have a TIV matched, and they ask what it is, if its a good one from GS/EB, they usually are like "nah man sorry i cant touch that!" b/c the TIV is so much better. They simply dont have the means to compete, and i heard through the grapevine that the ones at least in central texas, are closing b/c they cant compete. I dont know about the ones elsewhere.
"don't have the means to compete"? Riight. Well, your GC sucks and deserves to be closed down, then. The employees there are retarded if they won't match the values.

what about the controllers scorch they still on sale
Through Sunday, yes.

With 2 different stores, i've had 1 manager accept a killer pricematch (30$ game, knocked to 5 $), and the other manager wouldn't even touch a 5$ off.

maybe some regional retard said that the stores in that area can't PM. which directly affected bottom lines for them. All it takes is one idiot far enough up a command structure, to make a large area suffer. maybe some regional retard said that the stores in that area can't PM. which directly affected bottom lines for them.

Most districts don't pricematch at all, so if yours does, consider yourself lucky. They just tradematch. NOT pricematching would BENEFIT the bottom line. Cutting $ off of a product to match another store HURTS the bottom line. If you're not willing to pay $40 for a game, I'm sure someone else will.

I wish they had a real website so I could see what they have for 19.99 or less. I guess probably the same as GS?
Call me crazy, but maybe they actually want people in the store to look through their stuff. Yes, prices are pretty comparable to GS.

I might sell something. Do they accept games not in good condition or charge refurb fees? I would try to get them to PM Gamestop, but I don't see how that is possible since there's really no way to show them.
The employee calls the GS store, it's not that difficult. Some stores charge refurb fees, YMMV.

Be aware that these were posted on GameCrazy's intranet
signature_Sign.jpg
:)

[quote name='IsKumar']Be aware that these were posted on GameCrazy's intranet[/QUOTE]

..well yeah, how else do you think the employees know about them?

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']actually no scorch, it isnt my fault, they may match that measly five percent, but they never stack any promos with MVP (like Edge) and furthermore, many times I ask to have a TIV matched, and they ask what it is, if its a good one from GS/EB, they usually are like "nah man sorry i cant touch that!" b/c the TIV is so much better. They simply dont have the means to compete, and i heard through the grapevine that the ones at least in central texas, are closing b/c they cant compete. I dont know about the ones elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Game Crazy won't stack the MVP like they do the Edge card for certain promos because generally, Game Crazy's prices are already cheaper than Game Stop's. Most new releases are 54.99 (Edge price 49.49) at Game Stop while Game Crazy has them for 49.99 (MVP price 44.49). However, older titles do generally have more accurate pricing between the two stores. On a day by day basis, Game Crazy tends to have better prices than Game Stop. On certain occasions such as a 20% off coupon + Edge, Game Stop usually has the advantage.

Also, kinda like what Scorch said, your store certainly isn't helping their own cause if they're not making an effort to compete by following the company's "MORE FOR TRADES GUARANTEED" policy. All stores should know TIV matching, but sadly, YMMV on how well your store/district is managed.

it is game crazy policy to price match competitors (like gamestop) if they refuse to do it for you then call corporate and complain.
Not only will corporate force them to match for you, you might end up getting a free gift card out of it.

Mainly they are supposed to match competitors, but my game crazy I can actually get to match Target/TRU sales, etc.
Some of that is up to the district manager, but if they actually want to compete with GS and get customers the DMs allow it.

In Vegas, most stores will match most anything because our DM actually wants us to compete and be better than GS

Scorch
I thought I read on the Intranet that the 25% boost was MVP exclusive? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I saw an MVP exclusive in the upcoming promos, and I thought it was the 25% boost.

What are the chances GS will actually share their TIV with a GC employee (since they won't share with customers)?

[quote name='myl0r']Scorch
I thought I read on the Intranet that the 25% boost was MVP exclusive? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I saw an MVP exclusive in the upcoming promos, and I thought it was the 25% boost.[/QUOTE]
This would be very good to know before I plan my trades based on it. TY scorch for your prior info.

[quote name='grrouchie']it is game crazy policy to price match competitors (like gamestop) if they refuse to do it for you then call corporate and complain[/QUOTE]

Show me where it's GC policy.

What are the chances GS will actually share their TIV with a GC employee (since they won't share with customers)?

I think it's funny that people think that GC and GS employees have some sort of magical mutual hatred between each other. At the end of the day, they're minimum wage employees that work with buying and selling games, period and paragraph. They may hate a specific employee but only for a specific reason, not just because he works at GS. Managers at GS usually tell employees not to give TIV's over the phone because it makes people come in the store, which is true. They have a better chance of selling you things that way.

Scorch
I thought I read on the Intranet that the 25% boost was MVP exclusive? Perhaps I'm wrong, but I thought I saw an MVP exclusive in the upcoming promos, and I thought it was the 25% boost.

It probably is, I just got a quick glance at it. Even if it is MVP only, that just means you'll get 25% instead of 10%, not 35%, unfortunately. That would rock.

[quote name='Scorch']
I think it's funny that people think that GC and GS employees have some sort of magical mutual hatred between each other. At the end of the day, they're minimum wage employees that work with buying and selling games, period and paragraph. They may hate a specific employee but only for a specific reason, not just because he works at GS. Managers at GS usually tell employees not to give TIV's over the phone because it makes people come in the store, which is true. They have a better chance of selling you things that way.

It probably is, I just got a quick glance at it. Even if it is MVP only, that just means you'll get 25% instead of 10%, not 35%, unfortunately. That would rock.[/QUOTE]
I'm not trying to argue with you, don't think I've said anything bad about GC, but I can understand why you're mad based on how some people have unjustly acted towards GC in this thread. I'm just trying to figure out the chances that they'll PM GS since GS policy is to not tell any TIV over the phone. I've tried many times, and if they won't tell me, I don't know what the chances are that they will tell a competitor with a person in their store. I really hope the 25% off deal is not just for MVP, now I don't know whether to sell my stuff now or wait. All depends on when GC updates their TIVs.

im guaranteeing you its MVP only. Each month they try to do an MVP exclusive sale, to get more people to sign up for the MVP card. Which its a good deal to get the MVP then cuz normally you save 10% so if you trade in $50 worth of games, and the MVP costs $10, but you'd normally get $5 more for trades based on the 10% more for trades the card gives you...in essence with the 25% sale, you'd be getting $12.50 off, thus paying for the membership anyway.

I probably worded it wrong, but if you want to trade games in, get the 25% and end up having the GC membership, this is the time and way to do it. Even so, if you buy a $50 used game, you'd save $5, thus making the card only cost $5. Buy two $50 games, you'd save $10, so the card was free anyway.

I work at a GC but have an Edge card since I like their buy 2 get one on used which we dont have that often. Sometimes we do but it ends up being on $24.99 or less games or some range like that. But I only renew my edge card at a time where I'm saving more money. I only renewed it this past year cuz I found perfect RE2 and RE 3 for Gamecube from them and the Edge card cost about $3 so it was worth it. ok im rambling. bye.

[quote name='Scorch']"don't have the means to compete"? Riight. Well, your GC sucks and deserves to be closed down, then. The employees there are retarded if they won't match the values.[/QUOTE]

I find it odd that a Game Crazy employee would want any of their stores to close down. Is it easier to close a store down than to fix the problems? Your chain will never get better by getting rid of stores and not problems.

Call me crazy, but maybe they actually want people in the store to look through their stuff. Yes, prices are pretty comparable to GS.

Erm, having a website that actually gives details is what the customer wants. Look at the information that the GameStop website gives. I don't think that their sales have been hurt by that. And of course you can actually make purchases off the website. Time to enter the 21st century Game Crazy.

Just went there and picked up Prince of Persia and Far Cry 2 for $25. Not bad at all!

edit: It's even better than I thought! When I was putting Prince of Persia in my 360 to play it, I noticed the guy put the bonus disc for the limited edition in there too!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually work for gamecrazy and they do infact do the pricematch. They only do the pricematch if you are part of their MVP membership which in my opinion always has cheaper used game prices than gamestop does.

How much of a sure thing is the Guitar Hero World Tour deal on this?
I was planning on jumping on that, but if it's not a reliable deal I want to grab the Amazon Deal of the Day instead before they run out. I know the Amazon deal is $10 cheaper, but with Gamecrazy I can get GH:A with it and not have to wait for shipping. So, if Gamecrazy is definitely selling it for $99 on Wednesday I would prefer to get it there.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']im guaranteeing you its MVP only. Each month they try to do an MVP exclusive sale, to get more people to sign up for the MVP card. Which its a good deal to get the MVP then cuz normally you save 10% so if you trade in $50 worth of games, and the MVP costs $10, but you'd normally get $5 more for trades based on the 10% more for trades the card gives you...in essence with the 25% sale, you'd be getting $12.50 off, thus paying for the membership anyway.

I probably worded it wrong, but if you want to trade games in, get the 25% and end up having the GC membership, this is the time and way to do it. Even so, if you buy a $50 used game, you'd save $5, thus making the card only cost $5. Buy two $50 games, you'd save $10, so the card was free anyway.

I work at a GC but have an Edge card since I like their buy 2 get one on used which we dont have that often. Sometimes we do but it ends up being on $24.99 or less games or some range like that. But I only renew my edge card at a time where I'm saving more money. I only renewed it this past year cuz I found perfect RE2 and RE 3 for Gamecube from them and the Edge card cost about $3 so it was worth it. ok im rambling. bye.[/QUOTE]
So it's $10 for MVP. So I'd have to sell/buy $100 worth to make it worth it. Or $30 I think with the extra 25% on trade ins ($30*.35=$10). Do you know when GC updates their TIVs?

[quote name='mogamer']I find it odd that a Game Crazy employee would want any of their stores to close down. Is it easier to close a store down than to fix the problems? Your chain will never get better by getting rid of stores and not problems.

It's not my chain, I just work here. Corrupt managers piss me off, especially when I post deals here and people can't get in on them because of clueless employees or greedy managers. A good example of this is MSUHitman.. his local one flat out refused to sell him a controller for the advertised $29.99 sale price.

I actually work for gamecrazy and they do infact do the pricematch. They only do the pricematch if you are part of their MVP membership which in my opinion always has cheaper used game prices than gamestop does.

Again, this is YMMV. There's no hidden option that allows you to pricematch if you're an MVP or if you aren't, all the employee has to do is hit F5 and enter the new price. Price matching is not a company wide policy, it's YMMV between stores and managers.

How much of a sure thing is the Guitar Hero World Tour deal on this?

It's set in stone.

So it's $10 for MVP. So I'd have to sell/buy $100 worth to make it worth it. Or $30 I think with the extra 25% on trade ins ($30*.35=$10). Do you know when GC updates their TIVs?

Correct regarding the MVP. TIVs update every night and are different between stores based on quantity, but they normally don't start lowering because of quantity until a store has like 9 or 10 of a copy of any particular game. The 25% is a great way to sign up for the MVP for cheap, if you were looking at signing up.

[quote name='Skydude']Just went there and picked up Prince of Persia and Far Cry 2 for $25. Not bad at all!

edit: It's even better than I thought! When I was putting Prince of Persia in my 360 to play it, I noticed the guy put the bonus disc for the limited edition in there too![/QUOTE]

Nice, my GC here sell pop for 35 used :roll:

[quote name='wreckemtexastech']ill probably pass.. although 2 20 dollar games for 25 might get a bite from me. I dont trade anything into gamecrazy unless gamestop doesnt except it. contrary to popular belief, (IMO and experiences), they rip you off far worse that people claim gamestop does..[/QUOTE]

BB is the way to go on trade-ins

Damn, it looks like gamecrazy have some new software for pricematching, and it's fucking broken !!!

I tried to price match some games today, and because the pricematch doubled what they were giving normally the new software wouldn't work. Example being 50 cents: Blood on the sand, which GC normally gives a trade in of 12$, FYE trade in was 24$ (brown bag promotion), but the most the rep could get the system to authorize was 22$. The actual trade in using their price match policy should have been 24$ + 5% extra. They also couldn't accept DDR3 bundle because the same system had it listed at 0.

This is going to make price matching a very hit/miss affair in the future.

[quote name='J7.']I've never seen them do a PM ever. Do they call the stores?[/QUOTE]

Depends, I always have a receipt from the trade, and I've done it so often they don't even bother. But if you don't have a receipt, they will call if you say BBV gives X. I prefer the receipt option as I'm usually having them pm a TIV that has been boosted by some promotion, which is what happened with my FYE brown bag TIV (extra 45%)

I can also get my store to pm other advertised prices on new games, that is more ymmv, it's up to the dm in the district if it's allowed or not.

[quote name='J7.']Where do you get a receipt? You'd make a trade somewhere and then trade a duplicate?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes if I'm trading duplicates (flipping), but BBV will print you a quote if you ask, this is also possible at gamestop, but most store clerks won't do it for you.

bread's done
Back