Gamecrazy DS Lite/Phat Trade-In for DSi $90/$60

If I wanted a DSi I'd be all over that, that's actually a really good trade in price. Surprising, because system trade ins are usually terrible.

[quote name='dcswirl']This is tempting, but I just can't find a reason to upgrade yet.[/quote]
After messing with my cousin for a little bit I have to say the new interface is way better compared to the DS. The screen are also noticeably bigger and the built in browser and cameras are awesome. I would definitely buy one if I wasn't saving up to get a new monitor.

[quote name='Distrato']After messing with my cousin for a little bit I have to say the new interface is way better compared to the DS. The screen are also noticeably bigger and the built in browser and cameras are awesome. I would definitely buy one if I wasn't saving up to get a new monitor.[/quote]

Stop messing with your cousin you perv !

What condition do they need to be in to get that trade-in value? My daughter has a DS Lite that we bought used, and which has the GBA slot sealed shut somehow; also, the mic doesn't work. The reason I haven't been interested in a DSi is the lack of a GBA slot, so if I could trade this one in for more than I paid for it . . . :applause:

i almost traded my ds lite to gs yesterday. this is really good though, i wonder if you need a charger cable to get the $90? cause i charge my ds in the car my wall charger's been missing for awhile.

[quote name='pob14']What condition do they need to be in to get that trade-in value? My daughter has a DS Lite that we bought used, and which has the GBA slot sealed shut somehow; also, the mic doesn't work. The reason I haven't been interested in a DSi is the lack of a GBA slot, so if I could trade this one in for more than I paid for it . . . :applause:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it has to be a fully functional unit to receive full trade in. Try calling them and see what they tell you. Maybe you'll get lucky. =)

Holy crap. I was waiting for the DSi to come out so the Lite would drop in price and I could snag one of those... DSi for $110 after trading in the fat may just do me in.

You just need the system and wall charger. YMMV on the stylus. The serial number bar code must be on the bottom of the system. Other than that, you're good.

I have both an original DS and a DS Lite, could I trade both of them in for $150 towards a DSi?

[quote name='Scorch']You just need the system and wall charger. YMMV on the stylus. The serial number bar code must be on the bottom of the system. Other than that, you're good.[/quote]
thanks scorch

[quote name='Skoad']I have both an original DS and a DS Lite, could I trade both of them in for $150 towards a DSi?[/quote]

Simple math says yes.

phear3d - you could buy one of the universal chargers for $9.99, bringing your total to $80 for the DSL, which is still $10 more than GS is giving.

I had $200 in credit, and I went in a week ago to preorder a DSi. Turns out an employee turned all of my credit into a giftcard in January and spent it at three different stores. They know an employee did it; they've got the paper trail, but they did not give me my credit back. I'm still waiting on a resolution, and have no DSi.

Great idea. Start a sale like this after the launch. Wouldn't this have been better the run in the weeks leading up to the release like Gamestop did?

Doesn't matter though, I haven't liked any of the Gamecrazy's I've been in.

$60 for my million year old phat sounds great. I kinda wanted to give it away to one of my student's though...

But that was before I thought I could get $60 for it...

Dang it...

[quote name='omyard']Great idea. Start a sale like this after the launch. Wouldn't this have been better the run in the weeks leading up to the release like Gamestop did?

Doesn't matter though, I haven't liked any of the Gamecrazy's I've been in.[/quote]

Thanks for posting, you're invaluable to the thread.

What difference does it make if the promo's running prior to the launch or during the launch week?

I had $200 in credit, and I went in a week ago to preorder a DSi. Turns out an employee turned all of my credit into a giftcard in January and spent it at three different stores. They know an employee did it; they've got the paper trail, but they did not give me my credit back. I'm still waiting on a resolution, and have no DSi.
Have you contacted the district manager?

It's really tempting to trade in my Lite and my Phat and then get a DSi for next to nothing, but then I'd have nothing to play GBA games on except my crappy side-lit SP. There is a certain device that will let you play GBA games on a DSi, but that's quite a bit of hassle.

[quote name='Scorch']Simple math says yes.[/QUOTE]
I understand simple math, but these trade-in values are a promo, I'm just making sure you can do two promo's towards the same thing. On the ad it says "Trade in DS Lite or original DS towards DSi".

what can i get for a brand new, unopened DS Lite? where can i take this? i WANT a DSi so i held onto my DS Lite for the past 6+ months....so can i get the full retail price for it now anywhere?

[quote name='Scorch']
Have you contacted the district manager?[/QUOTE]
I was told the DM would contact me sometime in the middle of this week.

I'm still playing with my DS Phat nearly every day, my only problem is that I can't play GBA games (which I still play a ton of) with the DSi. I would really like a DSi though. Decisions, decisions...at least I still have my old GBA SP if I decide to go through with the trade.

[quote name='dblo7']what can i get for a brand new, unopened DS Lite? where can i take this? i WANT a DSi so i held onto my DS Lite for the past 6+ months....so can i get the full retail price for it now anywhere?[/quote]
Ebay is your best option. You can get close to the full MSRP.

that's an awsome trade in value, way better than gamestop,s 70, but i don't see any reason to upgrade. i'm fine with my dslite

There's actually a deal on top of this deal that's not mentioned. If you buy the DSi at Gamecrazy (I think this week only) you also get 12 free game/movie rentals. These are spread out over 12 months with 1 rental per month with the use of this little coupon book they'll give you.

Found out about this because I just picked up my DSi there after trading in my lite based on this thread. Especially nice if you don't have Gamefly or a similar service since it's worth about 60 dollars in saved rental fees. Funny thing is that the coupons are not valid at Gamecrazy, only Hollywood Video locations so keep that in mind.

[quote name='chuckywang']Hmm ... anybody know what a used DS Lite in great condition will go for on Craigslist? I'm tempted....[/QUOTE]

eBay's around $100 so this is a fairly good deal for lazy people.

[quote name='vessey632']There's actually a deal on top of this deal that's not mentioned. If you buy the DSi at Gamecrazy (I think this week only) you also get 12 free game/movie rentals. These are spread out over 12 months with 1 rental per month with the use of this little coupon book they'll give you.
[/quote]

It isn't this week only. It is buy any system, any time, get the coupon sheet.

[quote name='pob14']What condition do they need to be in to get that trade-in value? My daughter has a DS Lite that we bought used, and which has the GBA slot sealed shut somehow; also, the mic doesn't work. The reason I haven't been interested in a DSi is the lack of a GBA slot, so if I could trade this one in for more than I paid for it . . . :applause:[/quote]

LOL no shortage of actual WORKING systems out there, you know....amazing lol

I'd do it if I wouldn't feel naked without a GBA slot. I wouldn't be comfortable if the only option I had left for GBA games was through the Game Boy player and the Wavebird's blisterific dpad. Though I have always wanted a GB Micro, that cuts into the savings significantly. Still tempted just to get a new DS since I've been on edge ever since the power light on mine stopped working. Time to search for cheap Micros.

Is it possible the battery life could be extended through more efficient firmware updates? Or do you think they're gonna tinker around with the guts and eventually roll out a better version?

[quote name='Flak']Is it possible the battery life could be extended through more efficient firmware updates? Or do you think they're gonna tinker around with the guts and eventually roll out a better version?[/QUOTE]

I think neither. Nintendo has never, to my knowledge, increased battery life in the same hardware iteration. If you want it to last longer, just turn down the volume and brightness to original DS levels.

If DSi's supported GBA games, I totally would. I still play a lot of old GBA rpg's and such so the upgrade doesn't make sense to me. It's like the 60 gb PS3 vs the 80 gb+. I got the 60 for it's PS2 chip since I have a huge collection of rare PS2/PS1 games.

The GS manager at my store is convinced that there will be a homebrew edition soon enough, which will allow you to play any game off of the SD card.

[quote name='vessey632']There's actually a deal on top of this deal that's not mentioned. If you buy the DSi at Gamecrazy (I think this week only) you also get 12 free game/movie rentals. These are spread out over 12 months with 1 rental per month with the use of this little coupon book they'll give you.

Found out about this because I just picked up my DSi there after trading in my lite based on this thread. Especially nice if you don't have Gamefly or a similar service since it's worth about 60 dollars in saved rental fees. Funny thing is that the coupons are not valid at Gamecrazy, only Hollywood Video locations so keep that in mind.[/quote]

That deal is part of GameCrazy. It's something that's done with every system, new or used, always has, and always will be that way.

And of course the coupons aren't valid at GameCrazy - the coupons are for RENTALS, GameCrazy is not a rental store.

[quote name='sunghost']I've been thinking about it, but isn't it kind of a downgrade? No GBA support, and reduced battery life..[/quote]

But... but... there's an app store!!! /sarcasm

went in friday night to preorder the DSI and was told i would have 3 days from release date to pick it up...

system came out sunday so it would of had to be picked up by weds.... Well i was told today it was sold last night when i did not pick it up yesterday...

[quote name='slidecage']went in friday night to preorder the DSI and was told i would have 3 days from release date to pick it up...

system came out sunday so it would of had to be picked up by weds.... Well i was told today it was sold last night when i did not pick it up yesterday...[/QUOTE]

rofl did you break out the jerry seinfeld reservation bit? i would have gotten the manager and caused a scene, thats a sure fire way of getting some type of discount or free accessory or hell just have fun pissing off the manager if you dont like him or her

but sorry didnt mean to laugh at your misfortune, hope you get your new dsi soon bro

The GC in my area sucks. I already got my DSi from Amazon and wanted to inquire about the trade in with a DS Lite for a family member. I asked the guy if he had any extra and he said the last 2 were for pre-orders(Ok cool) When are you getting more? "uh I don't know, Nintendo is bad when it comes to shipping these, so I don't know" "plus they're in short supply":roll:

I don't know why they run these promos if the store isn't gonna order more than just for pre-orders. I might consider calling their DM and asking to have them approve a trade in for the DS Lite at $90. That way when they finally get it in stock again, it can be placed towards that. Probably won't work, but it's worth a shot(maybe).

bread's done
Back