GameCrazy Easter Ad (Deals good 3/31-4/14) - GH Metallica FREE with GH:WT band bundle

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I've had this ad for about a week now and I have debated on whether or not to post it because there's very few deals (Except the GH:Metallica deal), but what the hell:

Nintendo DSi - $169.99 While Supplies Last - On Sale 12:01 AM 4/5/09 (I seriously have to work a midnight launch for this? What the fuck?)

BUY 2 GET 1 FREE - ALL USED DS, PSP, GBA games. Not valid with any other offer, including MVP. 3rd item of equal or lesser value free.

"GIFTS UNDER $20!" - Pictured - Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Turok, FF XII Revenant Wings DS, Trauma Center Second Opinion, Moon

BUY 1 GET 1 FREE - GAMES $18.99 OR UNDER - Official paperwork makes no mention of used games, so YMMV.

Star Wars: Force Unleashed (X360/PS3) - $29.99 new/$24.99 used
EndWar (X360/PS3) - $34.99 new/$29.99 used

SAVE $60 WHEN YOU PURCHASE 'GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR BAND BUNDLE' AND GUITAR HERO 'METALLICA' TOGETHER. Save $50 on Wii version. See store for details. (Buy the full bundle, get GH: Metallica for free? Not a bad deal)

PURCHASE SHAUN WHITE ROAD TRIP OR RAVING RABBIDS TV PARTY AND GET ONE OF THESE TITLES FREE: Circus Games, Imagine Party Babyz, TV Show Kings, Petz Sports, Movie Games.

X360 Wireless Headset - $49.99 (Valid until 4/6)
X360 Red Controller Bundle w/ P&C kit - $54.99 (Valid until 4/6)
X360 Wireless Controller - $39.99 (Valid until 4/6)

(Fun fact: My GC has never had any of the 5 Wii titles that you could get free above in stock. Ever.)

I think the biggest question to ask would be how much are they selling the World Tour bundle for. Cause if it's around 180, then I gotta say that its pretty much not worth it, since you can easily find it for a lot cheaper than that.

[quote name='lolmister']I forget, with the buy 1 get 1 free $19 and under is it new or used?[/quote]

In the past, it's been on new from my knowledge. Usually its an assortment of last gen games, but my last stop at my game crazy the rack that goes on sale for these things had some older 360 games...EDF, Samurai Warriors 2, Old sports games from 06, 07, etc.

dammit, I just went in there yesterday and bought phoenix wright and advance wars! Oh well, there's still some great games I could use that B2G1 for.

Good luck Scorch. Midnight releases for re-releases of consoles is fucking retarded. I remember bashing people for waiting for the Xbox 360 Elite at midnight while in the Halo 3 line at GameStop.*

* I was between jobs at the time, and paid for the game with store credit, and was like what the hell, I'm not doing anything, let me go annoy the employees by being first in line. (And I did quite well!)

[quote name='DarkZion']I think the biggest question to ask would be how much are they selling the World Tour bundle for. Cause if it's around 180, then I gotta say that its pretty much not worth it, since you can easily find it for a lot cheaper than that.[/quote]

$169.99 across the board. I realize that it was Amazon's DOTD at what, $120? But if you want to look at it this way, you're getting a $60 game for free with it, so you could look at it as being $109.99 for the bundle and $59.99 for the game.

Either way you cut it, it's not a bad deal if you were already planning to get the bundle.

//edit: Thanks for the well-wishes on the midnight DSi launch. I think it'll be worse than our Mario Kart Wii midnight launch.. two people showed up for that one.

GH Metallica will be regularly on sale for $30 just a month after launch, let's be honest, along with a smorgasbord of bundle deals.

Not a bad deal, but I'm gonna save my cash, unless you're gonna be dying for GH Metallica.

[quote name='jgamezcua']Thx Scorch. Whatever happened to the GC price drop thread you used to update? Is it still around?[/quote]

I stopped updating it because no one really replied.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']I might grab FFXII Revenant Wings for the new DSi I'm getting
Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Yeah, Revenant Wings seems like a pretty good deal - has it been this cheap anywhere except for Circuit City?

It appears they raised the prices from $18.99 to $19.99 on quite a few games actually. I went through about 5 games that were $18.99 on the shelf and actually scanned $19 to 39. Still a pretty nice deal if you only buy new games.

In reply to the DS question, you get $90 credit for a DS lite and $60 for a regular DS when you trade it in toward a DSi.

Looked up DSi, it's $169.99, so with the trade the DSi is 79.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
B2G1 free definitely works already, but when I went to check BUY 1 GET 1 FREE - GAMES $18.99 OR UNDER, my store did not have that going on.

I also saw no mention of this sale and had an annoying clerk follow me around the store suggesting games to me, who didn't say anything about this sale.

Also, by the way, MVP does stack with B2G1 free. I went there yesterday, tested it out, and everything stacks, so if OP could change that in the post, or if someone else wants to test it out just to make sure. But mine went through no problem. Good luck.

The MVP does NOT stack. The only way to get it to "stack" is to manually edit the prices down. Good luck with that, as all manual edits do end up on a printout on the DM's desk at the end of the week.

When you ring up the three games and apply the B2G1 coupon, it makes the cheapest one free. If you apply the MVP, it changes all prices to the MVP price, including the free game, thus making the two deals incompatible.

[quote name='Scorch']The MVP does NOT stack. The only way to get it to "stack" is to manually edit the prices down. Good luck with that, as all manual edits do end up on a printout on the DM's desk at the end of the week.

When you ring up the three games and apply the B2G1 coupon, it makes the cheapest one free. If you apply the MVP, it changes all prices to the MVP price, including the free game, thus making the two deals incompatible.[/quote]

Seeing how I went to the store, and if you actually read my post, you would understand that it actually did stack and they did NOT have to manually enter anything to have it go through.

I've worked at GC for over two years. If you were on the other side of the counter, as the customer, you couldn't really tell if they manually edited anything, could you?

The bar code works the same as the other promotions. MVP does not stack unless it's manually edited in, which it shouldn't be. The bar code won't scan if the MVP discount has been applied to the three games. Inversely, if you ring the games up normally and use the coupon to make one free then try to apply the MVP, it changes all the prices to the MVP price, even the one that was supposed to be free.

Those deals aren't too bad. For future reference, ANY deal is welcome here. You're dealing with people who like to save literally just a few dollars. There's a reason it's called CheapAss ;)

[quote name='Scorch']I've worked at GC for over two years. If you were on the other side of the counter, as the customer, you couldn't really tell if they manually edited anything, could you?

The bar code works the same as the other promotions. MVP does not stack unless it's manually edited in, which it shouldn't be. The bar code won't scan if the MVP discount has been applied to the three games. Inversely, if you ring the games up normally and use the coupon to make one free then try to apply the MVP, it changes all the prices to the MVP price, even the one that was supposed to be free.[/quote]

Actually I was watching on the other side of the counter because the employee was new and wasnt even sure if the sale was going on and much less if it would stack, so I asked him if I could go to the other side of the counter and watch him do it, and he agreed. And he scanned in everything just like normal and then scanned in the card, and everything totalled up just like normal, so all I know is that it worked for me and I saw it first hand in the system. So I am not trying to just make it up and I am just telling people what my experience was and not sure why you are so hostile towards this. It worked for me, so shouldnt other people give this a try? Is this not what these forums are for?

[quote name='bigmac8855601']Squarehard got owned......[/quote]

Youre a freaking idiot. Go do everyone a favor and jump off a bridge.

[quote name='Squarehard']Actually I was watching on the other side of the counter because the employee was new and wasnt even sure if the sale was going on and much less if it would stack, so I asked him if I could go to the other side of the counter and watch him do it, and he agreed. And he scanned in everything just like normal and then scanned in the card, and everything totalled up just like normal, so all I know is that it worked for me and I saw it first hand in the system. So I am not trying to just make it up and I am just telling people what my experience was and not sure why you are so hostile towards this. It worked for me, so shouldnt other people give this a try? Is this not what these forums are for?[/quote]

Why the hell would you ask if you could watch him if he had no idea what he was doing? And why would he agree to let you behind the counter?

If he scanned everything up like normal, then did the MVP, then tried to do the B2G1F, a little menu pops up and doesn't allow it.

I'm sure there's a slim chance that the system glitches and allows the MVP to stack.. but considering MVP doesn't stack with anything and never has, and even SAYS it doesn't stack in this deal, I'm not going to advise anyone to even try it.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='Squarehard']Actually I was watching on the other side of the counter because the employee was new and wasnt even sure if the sale was going on and much less if it would stack, so I asked him if I could go to the other side of the counter and watch him do it, and he agreed. And he scanned in everything just like normal and then scanned in the card, and everything totalled up just like normal, so all I know is that it worked for me and I saw it first hand in the system. So I am not trying to just make it up and I am just telling people what my experience was and not sure why you are so hostile towards this. It worked for me, so shouldnt other people give this a try? Is this not what these forums are for?[/quote

Why the hell would you ask if you could watch him if he had no idea what he was doing? And why would he agree?

If he scanned everything up like normal, then did the MVP, then tried to do the B2G1F, a little menu pops up and doesn't allow it.

And no, it's not worth trying -- ask anyone here, MVP doesn't stack with shit. It never has.[/quote]

Okay then. But I got mine to go through and I got my discount with the B2G1 free. Don't try it. I don't really give a crap. I got my discount, so whatever. Lost interest already.

I wanted to buy some stuff from this sale, but the GameCrazy clerk wanted my phone number, address, driver's license number, blood sample and first-born to make a credit card purchase, so I said to hell with them.

Where is the AD?? I do not see nay mention of this World Tour, Metallica deal?! I would love to get on it if i can see an ad of this. Please help!!

There's a possible glitch with the B2G1 on used portable games that I'm hoping someone else can verify.

Stopped by Gamecrazy today in Oklahoma City and picked up 3 DS games (all used). I had to tell the guy that this promotion was even taking place since he didn't have any info and there was nothing posted in-store. Anyways, back to my story. Here's what I picked up as well as their stickered prices:

Etrian Odyssey II - 14.99
Rune Factory - 17.99
Final Fantasy IV - 17.99

The games were scanned in that order, and lo and behold, Final Fantasy IV registers as the free game! Total price w/ tax was $35.82. My receipt doesn't list the price for FFIV, so I don't know if the stickered price was accurate, but I can't imagine it actually being 14.99 or less.

I plan on stopping by another Gamecrazy tomorrow to see if I can find 3 more games worth picking up. However, if this proves to be an actual exploitable glitch, then there are some REALLY good deals to be had! I'm hoping someone else might be able to verify this before I have a chance to go tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not a "glitch". The employee selects the game to make free, not the computer. He just marked one free, he didn't care if it was the least priced one or not.

Some other good price drops (that aren't in the ad, but on sale this week):
12 month Xbox Live- $29.99

The controller/P&C kit can be black (if you don't like the red) for $54.99

Logitech Harmony remote dropped another ten dollars to $69.99

bread's done
Back