GameCrazy Email Ad for Dec 26 - Jan 2 Naruto:ROAN $39.99

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
First off, I will say I searched, and checked both the GameCrazy Christmas Thread, and New Year Thread and didn't see any mention of these prices. These may still be posted somewhere so close this thread if needed.

That being said: I got an email last night from GameCrazy...

After-Holiday Deals from Game Crazy

gcblast_20071226a2.png

360:
Naruto Rise of a Ninja $39.99
Assassins Creed $49.99
Call of Duty 2 $9.99
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland $9.99
Call of Duty 3 $19.99
CSI $19.99
Quake 4 $19.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 $19.99
Darkness $19.99
Jericho $49.99
Rainbow Six Vegas $29.99
Spider-Man 3 $19.99

PS3:
Assassins Creed $49.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 $19.99
Darkness $19.99
Jericho $49.99
Lair $39.99
Spider-Man 3 $19.99

Wii:
Spider-Man 3 $19.99

PC:
Call of Duty 4 $39.99
Tabula Rasa $34.99
Guild Wars Eye of the North $24.99
World of Conflict $29.99

DS:
Dogz 2, Catz 2, Hamsterz 2, and Horsez 2 $19.99
Imagine: Babyz, Animal Doctor, Master Chef $19.99
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 $19.99

PS2:
Spider-Man 3 $9.99

All prices good through January 2nd unless otherwise marked. Prices and dates subject to change without notice. Information in this advertisement may contain typographical errors or inaccuracies. Game Crazy reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Limited quantities available while supplies last. We reserve the right to limit purchase to normal retail quantities. The selection may vary by location. Game Crazy and their respective logos and slogans are trademarks of Hollywood Entertainment Corporation. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

So $49.99 for Assassin's Creed is a "scorching hot price"...
:rofl:

Not trashing any real deals here, just amused by that one.

[quote name='DrNo888']Darkness for $20?
Isnt the trade in value more than that or has it been reduced already?[/quote]

Its been at about 10 since I started there in Sept. All these prices are right, trust me I had to do all the changes in my store.

[quote name='keiblerfan69']Its been at about 10 since I started there in Sept. All these prices are right, trust me I had to do all the changes in my store.[/quote]

Dude, just kick back! According to Scorch, "The system updates every night, and the system updates the prices then." Just let the System do the work!

I would totally jump on Naruto if it was about $10-$15 less also. $40 is a little too rich for my blood after the holidays and all that.

TIGV on The Darkness was lowered to $8 the first time Gamestop put it on sale, way back in November

Dude, just kick back! According to Scorch, "The system updates every night, and the system updates the prices then." Just let the System do the work!
If I'm going to be made a mockery of, I will stop helping this site. He could be talking about manually marking them down, or he could be talking about changing them on the wall, but AFAIK there is no way for an individual store to set the prices on a game.

And i'm totally suing GC for defamation of character by using "Scorching hot" on prices that are $10 off. :lol:

//edit: WTF @ CSI! It just came out! I knew I should've waited on it. Gah!

[quote name='yummytyson']Is Naruto worth the $40? Or will a gamefly rental fulfill my Naruto needs.[/quote]

The general consensus is that it's well worth the rental but not worth the purchase. I am a Naruto fan so I'm rather satisfied with the purchase...but then again I haven't played it ever since I beat it. Go figure.

Hmmm... so how much would Naruto be if it was used? I might have to go buy a controller to get it 50 percent off.

Thanks OP.

Picked up CSI this morning but the store had never seen the ad but matched it anyways. Word to the wise-bring in the ad posted by the OP because I don't think most stores know about this. They only had one copy at my store and it was still price marked at $39.99. Good luck!

Rent naruto if you have the option, or wait for clearance. It is not worth 40. I say this warning in every thread that involves it being on sale. :lol: it is a glorified crazy taxi in Konoha, with sloppy meaningless button mashing fighter controls. It is not worth $40.

It was the reason I bought my 360 when I did, and was horribly disappointed that I paid $60 for it.

[quote name='Pck21']Picked up CSI this morning but the store had never seen the ad but matched it anyways. Word to the wise-bring in the ad posted by the OP because I don't think most stores know about this. They only had one copy at my store and it was still price marked at $39.99. Good luck![/quote]

Same here, I didn't see any of these prices today in my local GC, I asked them if American Wasteland was on sale and they told me it was being sold at the regular price of 39.99... I doubt that printing this email will make any difference because the guys working there are total douchebags...
Are these prices global or local to some GC locations only?

[quote name='anderton']yo scorch has the trade-in for assassin's creed dropped?[/quote]

I checked last night, and even though it sells new at 49.99 and used at 39.99, the trade in value is still 30

i played through Naruto and thought it was a pretty fun game despite not having watched any of the series. some of the later optional side missions make the turn from hard to just plain frustrating so i gave up on completing all of them but the core game is quite good.

[quote name='teddybass']Same here, I didn't see any of these prices today in my local GC, I asked them if American Wasteland was on sale and they told me it was being sold at the regular price of 39.99... I doubt that printing this email will make any difference because the guys working there are total douchebags...
Are these prices global or local to some GC locations only?[/quote]

Yea it looks like the sale is "global" but I don't think corporate tells their employees for whatever reason. I copy and pasted the OP's scan into a word file and just printed it out. I showed the employee and she grabbed the manager. He said he knew nothing about it but said to change the price manually and gave me it for $19.99.

I figured hell, at $19.99, CSI is a great deal.

Has anybody else had any luck with this?

Reduced here and GS but not at good ol' Gamerush/BB

[quote name='mario23air']Is this sale for MVP members only?[/quote]
NO

----

Also is anyone else kinda getting pissed that these fools can't just release ONE ad at a time? All these ads are confusing for people and it's easy to miss a deal if you don't check the multiple threads....

Also $9.99 brand new and not listed in this ad or thread.

:360:
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
TMNT

:wii:
Tamagotchi: Party On!

:ps2::xbox::ds:
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gcsalevh0.jpg
scan from CaoPi

and others from Phantom875's thread
New
Blue Dragon-30
PS3&360 Assassins Creed-50
Eternal Sonata-40
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2-25
Enchanted Arms-20
Splinter Cell Double Agent-10
Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter-10
TMNT-10
Blazing Angels 2-40
Darkness-20
Lost Planet - 20
NBA Street Showdown - 20
God Of War 2 - 20

SPECIAL OFFER
Buy a controller get a used game 50% off
NOTE:LIMITED 1 per guest.Not valid in combination with other offers.Available on ALL CONTROLLERS.Used games NEED NOT MATCH platform of controller

Just trying to move some of the prices from the other thread over to this one as well so nobody missed out or has to make multiple trips....

[quote name='$hady']NO

----

Also is anyone else kinda getting pissed that these fools can't just release ONE ad at a time? All these ads are confusing for people and it's easy to miss a deal if you don't check the multiple threads....

Also $9.99 brand new and not listed in this ad or thread.

:360:
Smackdown vs Raw 2007
TMNT

:wii:
Tamagotchi: Party On!

:ps2::xbox::ds:
http://img151.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gcsalevh0.jpg
scan from CaoPi

and others from Phantom875's thread
New
Blue Dragon-30
PS3&360 AC-50
Eternal Sonata-40
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2-25
Enchanted Arms-20
Splinter Cell Double Agent-10
Ghost Recon Advance War Fighter-10
TMNT-10
Blazing Angels 2-40
Darkness-20

SPECIAL OFFER
Buy a controller get a used game 50% off
NOTE:LIMITED 1 per guest.Not valid in combination with other offers.Available on ALL CONTROLLERS.Used games NEED NOT MATCH platform of controller

Just trying to move some of the prices from the other thread over to this one as well so nobody missed out or has to make multiple trips....[/quote]

EXCELLENT POST!

I am extremely frustrated with GC...so when does the 9.99 tmnt, sp cell, sale end?

[quote name='kevzik']EXCELLENT POST!

I am extremely frustrated with GC...so when does the 9.99 tmnt, sp cell, sale end?[/quote]
End? Most people are still trying to figure out when it starts since it's the New Years ad. :lol: My store had no ads out at all and a nice $29.99 sign up for TMNT. I picked up both TMNT and Smackdown 07 and they both rang up $9.99 each. Maybe they end Jan 2nd like this one but i'd just go now to make sure they still have them in stock.

[quote name='$hady']End? Most people are still trying to figure out when it starts since it's the New Years ad. :lol: My store had no ads out at all and a nice $29.99 sign up for TMNT. I picked up both TMNT and Smackdown 07 and they both rang up $9.99 each. Maybe they end Jan 2nd like this one but i'd just go now to make sure they still have them in stock.[/quote]

Cool. Ill go today. The last GC I went to said the 9.99 prices were a mistake. fucker.

Naruto: ROTN is 34.99 used right now, so apply the 50 percent off.

Currently the GC down the street from me has a giant box of 1.99 PS1 controllers, but YMMV. I'm going in tomorrow to pick up some games that I've wanted for awhile but I'm torn because I already have a big stack of games that I want to re-play.

bread's done
Back