GAMECRAZY follows everyone else Extra 10 bucks when you trade in 2

don't mean to crap but the fine print says you have to use the $10 right there and you can only do 2 games for each transaction.

[quote name='minqqq']don't mean to crap but the fine print says you have to use the $10 right there and you can only do 2 games for each transaction.[/quote]

Stupid fine print. Are there exclusions?

don't quote me on this but i think sports titles were excluded. i didn't pick up a flyer cause the fine print made me sad.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='minqqq']don't mean to crap but the fine print says you have to use the $10 right there and you can only do 2 games for each transaction.[/quote]

Stupid fine print. Are there exclusions?[/quote]

Wondering the same thing.

Really though the 2 per transaction thing is no big deal. If it's worded just like that, then literally you can trade in 2, walk out and come back in or if you don't wanna be that obvious and cause a ruckus, then just hit up a different GC, I know I have like 8 or so in a 20 mile radius. That's 16 games worth of trade in right there, then you just come back in a day or 2 and you're up to 32.

i might go up there tomrorow and see about picking up NBA street vol 3. If im already there dont hurt to trade 2 games in for the extra 10. Then again thos %##$ ripped me off 25 bucks.. I had money in my account and they messed up my DS orders and i lost 25 bucks in the system. There were like too bad

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='minqqq']don't mean to crap but the fine print says you have to use the $10 right there and you can only do 2 games for each transaction.[/quote]

Really though the 2 per transaction thing is no big deal. If it's worded just like that, then literally you can trade in 2, walk out and come back in or if you don't wanna be that obvious and cause a ruckus, then just hit up a different GC, I know I have like 8 or so in a 20 mile radius. That's 16 games worth of trade in right there, then you just come back in a day or 2 and you're up to 32.[/quote]

it's not the 2 per transaction that kills it, it's the fact that you have to use that $10 credit right there so you can't stock up on credit. it's good if you don't have any EBs around and you want to pick something up that's like 20 or under.

[quote name='lurknomore']How are the trade-in values for GameCrazy?[/quote]

Rather good. third behind FYE, second behind Gamerush.
I'm just waiting for a good trade in deal towards pre-orders so I can dump my racing three pack and pick up a new game release for $10.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']as long as the exclusion list isn't as huge as EB games! :lol:[/quote]

The exclusion list for EB for the 2 for an extra $10 is just sports games, even that's flexible because it allows extreme sports games.

[quote name='lurknomore']How are the trade-in values for GameCrazy?[/quote]

a few months back I got 10 for Megaman X7 funny thing was the guy somehow scanned it twice and I got 20 for store credit! :lol:

[quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='lurknomore']How are the trade-in values for GameCrazy?[/quote]

I'm just waiting for a good trade in deal towards pre-orders so I can dump my racing three pack and pick up a new game release for $10.[/quote]

I don't know if this company wide policy, or just the GC I go to, but if you know a place that gives more credit for something they'll match it.

So I'll probably take this deal over the EB deal. Can anyone definitively speak to what this deal specifically specifies? Must we use the bonus $10 immediately. Can we just bring in credit and accumulate it? What exactly is up with the 2 per transaction deal? Doesn't this just mean that 2 games for $10 bonus, not that we have to do only one transaction of 2 per day.....

[quote name='lurknomore']So I'll probably take this deal over the EB deal. Can anyone definitively speak to what this deal specifically specifies? Must we use the bonus $10 immediately. Can we just bring in credit and accumulate it? What exactly is up with the 2 per transaction deal? Doesn't this just mean that 2 games for $10 bonus, not that we have to do only one transaction of 2 per day.....[/quote]

you won't be able to accumulate it because it says you have to use that 10 dollars in the same transaction. it says 2 games per transaction so you can only get a max of $10 per transaction. so you can't just bring in pairs and make $10 for each pair and accumulate. you'll have to purchase something with every pair. the eb deal is definitely much better.

Well, you could 'store' store credit... bring in twogames (Lets say there $5 each), and you would get $20 in store credit. Buy a BRAND NEW game. RETURN Brand new game. Now you have store credit which you can hold onto :)

[quote name='JebusMcLucifer'][quote name='Monsta Mack'][quote name='lurknomore']How are the trade-in values for GameCrazy?[/quote]

I'm just waiting for a good trade in deal towards pre-orders so I can dump my racing three pack and pick up a new game release for $10.[/quote]

I don't know if this company wide policy, or just the GC I go to, but if you know a place that gives more credit for something they'll match it.[/quote]

Thats how my GC is too... I brough in an FYE receipt and the manager was " :shock: "
But he said they'd price match.
They also give you +10% if you're a member, but that doesn't count for price matches.

[quote name='Scorch']GC matches or beats anyone's trade-in credit.[/quote]

But do we need to bring in receipts everytime to prove the trade-in values? This seems like to be more tedious than its worth, even for Fye trade-in values.

[quote name='minqqq'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='minqqq']don't mean to crap but the fine print says you have to use the $10 right there and you can only do 2 games for each transaction.[/quote]

Really though the 2 per transaction thing is no big deal. If it's worded just like that, then literally you can trade in 2, walk out and come back in or if you don't wanna be that obvious and cause a ruckus, then just hit up a different GC, I know I have like 8 or so in a 20 mile radius. That's 16 games worth of trade in right there, then you just come back in a day or 2 and you're up to 32.[/quote]

it's not the 2 per transaction that kills it, it's the fact that you have to use that $10 credit right there so you can't stock up on credit. it's good if you don't have any EBs around and you want to pick something up that's like 20 or under.[/quote]

DOH!

Didn't even see the part that said you gotta spend it right then and there. Do they have giftcards? Maybe you could stick your credit on one of those?

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='minqqq'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='minqqq']don't mean to crap but the fine print says you have to use the $10 right there and you can only do 2 games for each transaction.[/quote]

it's not the 2 per transaction that kills it, it's the fact that you have to use that $10 credit right there so you can't stock up on credit. it's good if you don't have any EBs around and you want to pick something up that's like 20 or under.[/quote]

DOH!

Didn't even see the part that said you gotta spend it right then and there. Do they have giftcards? Maybe you could stick your credit on one of those?[/quote]

use it to buy a gift card if they dont have anything in stock that you want.

[quote name='lurknomore'][quote name='Scorch']GC matches or beats anyone's trade-in credit.[/quote]

But do we need to bring in receipts everytime to prove the trade-in values? This seems like to be more tedious than its worth, even for Fye trade-in values.[/quote]

They just call the store.

Sorry I have not been doing this trade-in thing in the past... 9 years, and back then I only did trade-in with EB. But for now from what I have read in this forum, ppl prefer to trade-in at FYE it seems? Is there a significant advantage of trading in there other than the value is higher?

We only have one FYE around..... if they closed down I'll be screwed. But I just traded-in 2 games in EB there and they gave me 50 cents each. If there wasn't the $10 bonus that's absolutely nuts.

[quote name='Scorch']GC matches or beats anyone's trade-in credit.[/quote]

Will they match + the extra $10, or would they consider the extra $10 as going towards beating someone else's trade-in offer?

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='Scorch']GC matches or beats anyone's trade-in credit.[/quote]

Will they match + the extra $10, or would they consider the extra $10 as going towards beating someone else's trade-in offer?[/quote]

Good question.

For someone that asked earlier, GC usually calls the store to verify how much it gets in store credit. It has to be local, though, obviously.

i'm a devout MVP member to Gamecrazy, so my advice is probably bias. However, i've noticed that Gamecrazy will take almost any game, some just at a shitty price, but what usually happens is that someone will buy it for more in the store itself. What's cool about the local Gamecrazy here is that the guys will actually tell you to sell on Ebay, or wait until they have a break so they can buy it off of you right outside the store.

that's just my observations, so take it or leave it.

its got to be a PRINTED AD for gamecrazy to match. i took some games over to BB last month and got a quote on how much they would give me. Tried to take it over to Gamecrazy (the recept showing how much credit) and they refused. They said it has to be a PRINTED FLYER

[quote name='slidecage']its got to be a PRINTED AD for gamecrazy to match. i took some games over to BB last month and got a quote on how much they would give me. Tried to take it over to Gamecrazy (the recept showing how much credit) and they refused. They said it has to be a PRINTED FLYER[/quote]

Thats probably just for selling to you. If they're going to buy it from you they call the store.

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='slidecage']its got to be a PRINTED AD for gamecrazy to match. i took some games over to BB last month and got a quote on how much they would give me. Tried to take it over to Gamecrazy (the recept showing how much credit) and they refused. They said it has to be a PRINTED FLYER[/quote]

Thats probably just for selling to you. If they're going to buy it from you they call the store.[/quote]

nope they changed the rules at least here locally. I think they got sick of people going to BB and then taking the Recept showing how much credit you could get and they had to match. GIve you an idea this was DEC

Star wars battlefront BB 35 bucks Game 25
DEF jam fight BB 30 GAme 20
FABLE BB 35 Game 20

Blockbuster total was 100 bucks while Gamecrazy only offered 65 for the same games so they had to pay out 35 bucks more and They sold Star wars and Fable for 40 each used so they were only making 5 bucks profit so they stopped doing it

[quote name='gizmogc']You cannot buy gift certificates with store credit FYI[/quote]

Yes you can. I did it this week.

[quote name='slidecage'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='slidecage']its got to be a PRINTED AD for gamecrazy to match. i took some games over to BB last month and got a quote on how much they would give me. Tried to take it over to Gamecrazy (the recept showing how much credit) and they refused. They said it has to be a PRINTED FLYER[/quote]

Thats probably just for selling to you. If they're going to buy it from you they call the store.[/quote]

nope they changed the rules at least here locally. I think they got sick of people going to BB and then taking the Recept showing how much credit you could get and they had to match. GIve you an idea this was DEC

Star wars battlefront BB 35 bucks Game 25
DEF jam fight BB 30 GAme 20
FABLE BB 35 Game 20

Blockbuster total was 100 bucks while Gamecrazy only offered 65 for the same games so they had to pay out 35 bucks more and They sold Star wars and Fable for 40 each used so they were only making 5 bucks profit so they stopped doing it[/quote]

I talked to the manager at mine and he said they call them up and double check. He said that with places like FYE where theres a huge difference, he may have to call his DM but they'd probably do it.

[quote name='Kevtones']We had a corporate memo about exploitation. Way to go CAG[/quote]

Who do you work for? EB, GS, GC, GR or FYE? :twisted:

How do they figure its exploiting? because we're making a profit? Its okay for them to make $20 per game but were the devil for making less than $5 per? They only give store credit anyways so you're going to wind up giving the money right back... Unless you get the -20% cash option, in which case you'll probably come out behind anyways.

I went to both FYE and GC...and truth of the matter is, I think that GC trade-ins are pretty respectable especially in consideration to FYE. Sure FYE has ridiculous trade-ins for those odd 50 games or so, but I'd rather have $10 at GC than $18 at FYE. It is so hard to find anything to buy at FYE. I have about $100 at FYE, and I'm really struggling to find something....while GC's has a ton of things I'd love for my collection.

Anyhow, ON Topic, the deal hasn't started yet at my 3 local stores. It looks like that I'll be driving around with these games in my trunk for the weekend. Does anyone know if they take PS2 Jam Packs or XBox Exhibition vol2. discs and manuals?

[quote name='lurknomore']I went to both FYE and GC...and truth of the matter is, I think that GC trade-ins are pretty respectable especially in consideration to FYE. Sure FYE has ridiculous trade-ins for those odd 50 games or so, but I'd rather have $10 at GC than $18 at FYE. It is so hard to find anything to buy at FYE. I have about $100 at FYE, and I'm really struggling to find something....while GC's has a ton of things I'd love for my collection.

Anyhow, ON Topic, the deal hasn't started yet at my 3 local stores. It looks like that I'll be driving around with these games in my trunk for the weekend. Does anyone know if they take PS2 Jam Packs or XBox Exhibition vol2. discs and manuals?[/quote]

I'd generally agree with you... but I got enough credit to pay off a PSP! The deluxe package even.

EB has the better deals on games, but if you're gunna by something like the PSP that'll cost a lot everywhere... why not go with who gives you the big money?

[quote name='Kevtones']We had a corporate memo about exploitation. Way to go CAG[/quote]

Oh, so it's ok for corporations to rip off people but not vice versa? I've gotten literally CRAP for MANY of my games! In return, I've boughten tons of games from corporate video game sellers and paid far more in return. So don't go telling us CAG's that we're "exploiting" anything! We're getting our ripped off money back (not even all of it, but only partial). If you have a problem with that, why are you here?

Sorry, I needed to say something.

can anyone answer my question is this deal good today or Saturday? As I called one of my GC they said this deal would start tomorrow!

[quote name='valleyvampiress'][quote name='Kevtones']We had a corporate memo about exploitation. Way to go CAG[/quote]

Oh, so it's ok for corporations to rip off people but not vice versa? I've gotten literally CRAP for MANY of my games! In return, I've boughten tons of games from corporate video game sellers and paid far more in return. So don't go telling us CAG's that we're "exploiting" anything! We're getting our ripped off money back (not even all of it, but only partial). If you have a problem with that, why are you here?

Sorry, I needed to say something.[/quote]

Literally? Did the EB rep drop trow and bend a bisket in your dvd case? :lol:

[quote name='Mishimaryu']can anyone answer my question is this deal good today or Saturday? As I called one of my GC they said this deal would start tomorrow![/quote]

Seeing how the rep said Sat.... and 8 people have said Sat.... I have haven't seen anyone say Friday... I'm think it started Thursday...

Just talked to my Gamecrazy where I know the manager fairly well and this is what he told me:
1 transaction allowed per day
Only exclusions are sports titles
Xbox, Gamecube, PS2
Must be used right then (and he's let me bend the rules before so I guess they'll be a stickler about that)

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='gizmogc']You cannot buy gift certificates with store credit FYI[/quote]

Yes you can. I did it this week.[/quote]

Very weird. When I worked there we were not allowed to get gift certificates with store credit. Glad they fixed that!

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='valleyvampiress'][quote name='Kevtones']We had a corporate memo about exploitation. Way to go CAG[/quote]

Sorry, I needed to say something.[/quote]

Literally? Did the EB rep drop trow and bend a bisket in your dvd case? :lol:[/quote]

eww, ok, maybe not literally. I was just putting more emphasis on my statement. But who knows, maybe one day as a sad joke, they'd really give you crap. :shock:

Since I didn't see it anywhere is this thread (Don't burn me on the stake if im wrong) the $10 extra HAS to be used right away, and HAS to be used only on a USED game purchase.

bread's done
Back