GameCrazy massive older system clearance

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Yeah, posted it in the other thread but it really deserves its own. GC is having a huge clearance on older systems. If your store has any dreamcast, game boy, gba, gba sp, gb micro, n64, ngpc, nes, saturn, sega, sega nomad, snes or ps1 systems, they are now 9.99 used!

[quote name='Estebon']I saw a Super Nintendo.

I did score a GBA SP and he said it was mandatory to get the insurance for it. So I had to pay $20. Managed to score a Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney sealed copy for $13.99 too.[/QUOTE]

i dont think they can force you to purchase insurance on anything. i would go back and have it removed. unless of course you wanted it

I did score a GBA SP and he said it was mandatory to get the insurance for it. So I had to pay $20. Managed to score a Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney sealed copy for $13.99 too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you got screwed.

[quote name='mrmoodz']Shite that's crazy! I would love to get my hands on a Sega Nomad.[/QUOTE]

Great portable system. I have one and I love it.check out ebay for an ac adapter that they made for the system.

Our Game Crazy in Elizabethtown, KY stop carrying retro stuff years ago....it's a shame. But this is a awesome deal considering how durable and how long lasting all those retro systems are

*still has his first run SNES, and it works like a charm!*

EDIT: We do still have a couple of GBA's and GBA SP's

ouch you did get screwed...why in the world would you pay $9 to insure $10??? Plus you have 90 days for free? Go back and get your $9 when the manager is there.

Thats BS man. The guy at my local GC asked me, but joked that it was a tough sale and was not surprised when I said no.

Went to mine and they were surprised that there was a sale. I asked the manager if the labeled price on the SPs were correct ($39.99) and she said "yes". I had her check and a whole bunch of reprice stickers printed out. She said it appeared that there was a universal price drop to which I said "$10". Picked up 3 SPs but passed on a micro (I have 3 and it was hard to justify) and an Advance. Two of the SPs were the newer models with the brighter screens.

The employee also wanted to know where I heard about this price drop. Not wanting to give away my edge, I said "some website".

The employee couldn't find the chargers and wanted to know if I still wanted them. Something smelled fishy about that. She called the other local store to see if they had any extra chargers and let them know about the price drop. I stopped over at the other store to check out their 6/$20 Xbox games and lo-and-behold, they didn't have an SPs anywhere...

Anyhow, to the OP, a big "Thank You".

FRED

Was able to get a GBA SP (Light Grayish Blue... sorta ugly). Also saw that they also had only one PS1 and one GBA left.

Cool thing is that I forgot completely about the 12 free HWV rentals, but the guy working there gave me one. Not only that but since they couldn't find the charger for the GBA SP they gave me a brand new in the package charger for free.

ARGH!

I just came back from a crazy long drive for nothing.

So I wanted a GBA Micro. Called the closest store: none available. Called the second closest that's about 8 miles out, got one available... told the guy to hold it for me and he asked for my name and agreed to hold for me.... great! time to drive out and nab it.

Arrived at the GC only to be told that it's already been held for someone else until MONDAY and the "other guy" who didn't talk to me on the phone is adamant about NOT selling it to me. Ok, that's fine, so he called the NEXT closest store from that GC, which has 1 available too... It is about 5 miles out FURTHER from my home. That's cool. I already went 8 miles, might as well go another 5 miles for the availability. To hell with it right?

Arrived at the second GC and spotted the GBA Micro in the case! Success! ... not really. Guy at this GC is SUPER nice. Very cool guy -- calmed me from my temper. So he rang it up and sold it to me.

.....then he realizes that it needs a charger... Went to the back to dig for it and came back with negative. Looked some more... nothing. Then he walked over to the new Nintendo accessories and grabbed a "universal charger" plug for Nintendo portable systems by Intec and was going to give it to me for free.... Except for the fact that the "universal charger" clearly states on the box that it supports only variations of the DS....

He then proceeds to refund me the system since he can't let me walk off with a machine that can't be charged... Except... the system doesn't register the barcode on the reciept... nor the numbers that he proceeds to type into the computer to process the refund. He made multiple calls to managers and HQ or what not... no go.

Lastly, he proceeds to give me this paper tab and checked refund. He also says that his job might be jeopardized for not going through the system in taking a "game system" back. I was like WTF?! But the guy was really nice and went through with it to get me out of there happy. Not to mention, the whole time, he makes the chatter entertaining since I guess he realizes the possible frustration I might have. He also let me keep the coupons for 1 full year of free rentals for buying a video game system.

Mad props to Matt at the GC in Fullerton(the Yorba Linda store). Best customer service I've seen. I hope he doesn't loses his job or anything. Seems like I'm not meant to own a GBA Micro. :(

Thanks for hearing my rant. lol

I wish I had read this thread before I left work so I can stop by, hopefully I can go in on monday and check if they have any dreamcast left.

I stopped by 3 GCs. The only retro systems I saw were GBA SP and PS1, which I picked up cuz I can't pass on $10 game systems:)

I really wish the GCs near me had a Sega and SNES:cry:

How durable are the GBA SP and PS1s? I bought the warranty on them, but I'm pondering whether or not to go back and get my $ back on the warranty. I don't usually buy used game systems and am somewhat paranoid these will just die/stop working.

THANKS OP for letting us know about this. This sale is truly awesome.

Hmm stopped by 3 stores today (2 non CG-HWVs) and only managed to find 1 GBA SP. I got it, but didn't even think about the charger and aparently neither did the clerk. Not a big deal since I already have 2 chargers, but I guess I'd need it if I gave the system to my gf's little bro like I was planning.

[quote name='Gertle627']Hmm stopped by 3 stores today (2 non CG-HWVs) and only managed to find 1 GBA SP. I got it, but didn't even think about the charger and aparently neither did the clerk. Not a big deal since I already have 2 chargers, but I guess I'd need it if I gave the system to my gf's little bro like I was planning.[/QUOTE]

Take a look at dealextreme -- they have chargers for pretty much anything for a buck or two.

[quote name='denshaotoko']there were 3 scratched up SP's near me, passed on them.[/QUOTE]
Bought 2 sp's that were scratched but none on the screen. Passed on 2 others, one which had the screen replaced and was 2 different colors, the other looked like a dog had used it as a chew toy. Most sp's will be scratched to hell on the case. Good luck on the micros, hose are far and few between. That is what I really wanted.

[quote name='XClaude']ARGH!

So I wanted a GBA Micro. Called the closest store: none available. Called the second closest that's about 8 miles out, got one available... told the guy to hold it for me and he asked for my name and agreed to hold for me.... great! time to drive out and nab it.

Arrived at the GC only to be told that it's already been held for someone else until MONDAY and the "other guy" who didn't talk to me on the phone is adamant about NOT selling it to me. Ok, that's fine, so he called the NEXT closest store from that GC, which has 1 available too... It is about 5 miles out FURTHER from my home. That's cool. I already went 8 miles, might as well go another 5 miles for the availability. To hell with it right?

Arrived at the second GC and spotted the GBA Micro in the case! Success! ... not really. Guy at this GC is SUPER nice. Very cool guy -- calmed me from my temper. So he rang it up and sold it to me.

.....then he realizes that it needs a charger... Went to the back to dig for it and came back with negative. Looked some more... nothing. Then he walked over to the new Nintendo accessories and grabbed a "universal charger" plug for Nintendo portable systems by Intec and was going to give it to me for free.... Except for the fact that the "universal charger" clearly states on the box that it supports only variations of the DS....

He then proceeds to refund me the system since he can't let me walk off with a machine that can't be charged... Except... the system doesn't register the barcode on the reciept... nor the numbers that he proceeds to type into the computer to process the refund. He made multiple calls to managers and HQ or what not... no go.

Lastly, he proceeds to give me this paper tab and checked refund. He also says that his job might be jeopardized for not going through the system in taking a "game system" back. I was like WTF?! But the guy was really nice and went through with it to get me out of there happy. Not to mention, the whole time, he makes the chatter entertaining since I guess he realizes the possible frustration I might have. He also let me keep the coupons for 1 full year of free rentals for buying a video game system.

Mad props to Matt at the GC in Fullerton(the Yorba Linda store). Best customer service I've seen. I hope he doesn't loses his job or anything. Seems like I'm not meant to own a GBA Micro. :(

Thanks for hearing my rant. lol[/QUOTE]

... Actually that universal charger for the different variations of the DS does work with the GBA SP & GBA Micro. I just bought a GBA SP today and the guy at my gamecrazy did the same thing (gave me the universal DS charger) and I was sorta skeptical as to if it would work and low and behold it did. You should have just kept it, and not returned it. And about that guys job, it isn't your fault if he gets fired... I mean if they fire him over something as stupid as that then who would want to work for them anyways?

[quote name='XClaude']ARGH!

Thanks for hearing my rant. lol[/QUOTE]

I may be able to help you out on a micro. I have 1, not from gamecrazy, if interested just pm me.

So both the GC in Philly don't have any micros. One of them is actually closing down. So if anyone has an extra and willing to trade/sell, PM me!. I got fear 2/saints row ce for ps3, both sealed. Or paypal if you want $$. Thanks.

Well i drove to my local gamecrazy today and apparently they were shutdown friday...and the employees were only notified thursday...bummer. I wonder if hollywood video is finally going out of business?

[quote name='rmb']I may be able to help you out on a micro. I have 1, not from gamecrazy, if interested just pm me.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm interested in the details. :)

I stopped by Gamecrazy and asked the employees about this.. They said they didn't even have any Gameboys but then I looked around the glass cases and they had 1 Gameboy Micro. It was in a box and had 49.99 on it. Messed up how they can have some new ones but not any used ones ;(

[quote name='bigpimpin24']I stopped by Gamecrazy and asked the employees about this.. They said they didn't even have any Gameboys but then I looked around the glass cases and they had 1 Gameboy Micro. It was in a box and had 49.99 on it. Messed up how they can have some new ones but not any used ones ;([/QUOTE]
The same thing happened to me today. I asked the guy and apparently he just priced the thing yesterday, so I don't know what the deal is with that. I can't imagine someone paying $50 for a Micro in a fairly beat-up box when you could buy the much more useful SP for $40 or less elsewhere.

[quote name='z3razerviper']I wonder if hollywood video is finally going out of business?[/QUOTE]

Far from it, for now. They're just shutting down nonprofitable stores, same as most companies.

[quote name='Scorch']Far from it, for now. They're just shutting down nonprofitable stores, same as most companies.[/QUOTE]

Where I live quite a few Hollwyood Video & Movie Gallery stores have closed and been replaced with Mark's Video which then turned into Video HQ. The Gamecrazy stores also closed and were turned into GamerTag stores:( It sucks because HWV/GC that was really close to my house closed and that was the best place to rent movies... plus it helped that it was on my way to school and not completely out of the way.

well ill check in the morning hopefully the 2 nearest me have a couple ps1's and a gba for my kids that would be awesome

anyone know what these consoles come with like a controller at least i hope plus the AC adapter obviously

Scorch, any idea if/when "new" older systems might get reduced? The GBA Micro for $50 is ridiculous, yet awesome if it drops to $10 or so also. I'd love to know as soon as it does so that the employees don't get them before we CAGs can get there.

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']i just want a ps3 sale[/QUOTE]

You can pick up a PHAT refurb for around $230 or a new slim for about $270. How much cheaper are you expecting to find one?

there already was one.. back in July, I think. Posted about it .

It's pretty much up to the publishers. GC doesn't really lower prices on new systems unless the companies tell them to.

I called a local GameCrazy and the employee said "it was only for Gameboy SP."

Maybe that's the only system they have in stock or something. Dunno, but it's definitely for all older systems. Replies in this thread verify that.

Left disappointed when I visited the local Game Crazy. The guy said they shipped all their older consoles to another location. Was hoping to be able to find an NES (top loader).

I guess the $100 price drop wasn't enough for you? Then maybe you should have grabbed one off of Circuit City for $250 after the paypal/bing discounts. There's no way you're going to get one cheaper than that...not for a LONG time.

bread's done
Back