GameCrazy New Year's Ad! - Ends Jan. 4th

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

B1G1F on ALL Petz, Petz Rescue, Imagine or ENER-G DS titles.

$4.99 NEW
The Darkness X360
Lost Planet X360
MLB 2K8 X360/PS3
MGS3 PS2
Super DBZ PS2
Death Jr. DS

$9.99 New
TNA Impact X360/PS3
Ace Combat 6 X360

Stranglehold X360/PS3
Two Worlds
Fantastic Four ROTSS X360/PS3
Blue Dragon X360
Hour of Victory X360

$19.99 NEW
We Cheer Wii
High School Musical 3 Wii
MX vs ATV Untamed X360/PS3
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 DS
Army of Two X360/PS3
Frontlines X360
DBZ Burst Limit X360/PS3

20% more on your trades when you trade in 3 or more PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 or X360 games

30% off ALL USED MUSIC ACCESSORIES! X360 Rock Band 1 Drums $20.99 used!

Shaun White 49.99 X360/PS3
Crackdown 14.99 X360
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $39.99 Wii
Disney Sing It $34.99 Wii/PS2
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $49.99 X360/PS3
We Ski $14.99 Wii
Saints Row 2 $49.99 X360/PS3
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99 X360/PS3

**RETRACTION**
Prince of Persia $59.99 X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed $9.99 X360/PS3 ONLY WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH PRINCE OF PERSIA!
**RETRACTION**

Mortal Kombat vs DC $39.99 X360/PS3
Quantum of Solace $39.99 PS3/X360
Baja Edge of Control $39.99 PS3/X360
Moto GP 08 $39.99 X360

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle X360/PS3/Wii $59.99

Haze $14.99 PS3
Lego Batman $39.99 PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $39.99 PS3

Super Smash Bros Brawl $39.99 Wii
Lego Batman $39.99 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers $39.99 Wii
Samba De Amigo $19.99 Wii

Mass Effect $19.99 X360
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $29.99 X360 (Already $19.99 used in stores)
Mercenaries 2 $39.99 X360 (Ad says 49.99, it's already 39.99 in stores
Ninja Gaiden 2 $24.99 X360

Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed $39.99 X360/PS3

Sorry if this was typed out like an ADHD rabbit on crack, I'm running on a few hours of sleep and 20+ hours of retail work during the holidays so my nerves are pretty frayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
if I print out the on page scan provided for the 9.99 on tna will it work to PM at BB even though it doesn't state the store the 'ad' page is for?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Some good deals for me. Thanks!
6449f44a102fde848669bdd9eb6b76fa.jpg
[/quote]

yeah, I'd say. Decent games for under $10 and $5, and I'm gonna have to check GC's availability for SC4 tomorrow too. thank you!

reguarding adjustments for B1G1 do you actually need to bring the games back or just the receipt? I bought some games earlier today, coming back for an adjustment tomorrow

gGot my brand new TNA Impact for PS3 for $10 and a used (but excellent condition) copy of Soul Calibur IV for PS3 for $17.99 with MVP card in Chicago. Thanks CGA!!!:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I got nothing, absolutely nothing because despite waiting outside 10 minutes before the store opened, they were already sold out of everything because some jackass (probably a scalper) cleaned out the entire store last night. On top of that, I drove over to Best Buy to attempt a price match and they were closed due to a power outage. The only positive news I have is that they're expecting a shipment on Tuesday around noon and I'll make damn sure that I'll be there.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']So I just went and the guy looked through all of his paperwork and everything, but didn't find anything about the B1G1.[/quote]

Yeah I have to go back for that. I saw it in the ad, but of course this is the only ad I haven't gotten in the mail yet so I don't have a physical copy. I have my daughter in tow so since I have 7 days to come back I'll take care of it later. I also didn't get the 20% extra trade credit which I guess is because I gave him my MVP card. Now I get to go back later and explain to them why they are wrong. That never seems to go well with people.

Traded
Assassin's Creed DS - 6.60 (should've got .60 more)
GTA IV PS3 - 13.20 (should've got 1.20 more)
GTA IV 360 - 13.20 (should've got 1.20 more)

Bought
TNA Impact 9.99
Blue Dragon 9.99 (should be free)
Hour of Victory 9.99
Ace Combat 6 9.99 (should be free)
MLB 2k8 4.99
Lost Planet 4.99 (should be free)

So I ended up with $33.00 credit when I should have had $36 and the total came to $50.96 with tax when it should've been $26.47. However, when you try to explain that to a Gamecrazy employee their smile will turn to a grimace and their face will become red.

I got there a few minutes before they opened, and the guy obviously did not want to be there. I told him I was there for some of the sale items, told him which ones, and I went to check used games while he pulled them. I almost got SCIV, but I the wife told me I could only spend store credit, and I didn't have enough. If they had a complete NGII to pair it with (plus a third game yet to be determined), I might have caved in and got it, but I was spared this time.

So I went up to the checkout, and he started ringing up the games, and I mentioned that they should all be B1G1, and pointed to that section of the ad. He took a quick look and said that I had to buy a $49.99 game for that?!? So, I said, "no, this one" and pointed again. Then he rang up my 8 games and said it was $38.something. I told him I had 2 sets of $5 games, and 2 sets of $10 games, it should be $30 + tax, and he separated the games into 2 stacks of 4, and told me there were only 7 games?!? Anyhow, he eventually agreed that 4 + 4 is 8, and adjusted one of the games back down, so $30 + tax for 8 games.

All 360:
TNA Impact
Stranglehold
Ace Combat 6
Blue Dragon
MLB 2K8
Lost Planet
The Darkness x2

Lucked out this time, got a friendly rep that didn't question the B1G1. Ended up with Blue Dragon and Stranglehold (no AC6 in stock). Not bad considering I was only after BD.

I just picked up lost planet, the darkness, crackdown, and stranglehold for $22 something

Did anyone else have a problem with the B1G1 when buying multiple games on the same transaction?
This guy originally rang the games up so I would be getting the 2 $5 games for free, when I should be getting 1 $5 free and 1 $10 free
Is this not a problem if they are rung up in the correct order (like ringing up the two $5 games first and then the more expensive ones) or do they have to be inputed manually for this to happen in one transaction because the system just takes the two cheapest games regardless of order?

Thanks Scorch. I picked up :360: TNA Impact and :ps3: Call of Duty. The employees actually knew about the sale, which was nice for a change. I think I might start going back to that Gamecrazy now because it seems they cleaned up the stores and the new employees were really nice.

I definitely suggest checking out your area and call any gamecrazys around you and save yourself any unnecessary trips. I scored Lost Planet and AC6,B1G1 manually adjusted, it was the only thing I was looking for.

I got a very nice guy at Gamecrazy. He wasnt aware of the new sales and the buy 1 get 1 free promotion, but I clearly showed it in the ad and understood. I wanted to get Ace Combat 6 and Lost Planet. He tried to find the buy 1 get 1 free bar code but he never received the actual barcode from corporate, so he gave me the more expensive game for free. So I got AC6 and Lost Planet for $5. I think the guy was stoked that Lost Planet was $5 since he really wanted to get it so he was in a good mood.

They only had the regular version of Lost Planet, so I went to Best Buy to PM Gamecrazy and get the Colonies Edition version. They had to call and since Gamecrazy had it in stock, I got it price matched.

So I got Lost Planet, Lost Planet Colonies Edition, and Ace Combat 6 for $10. Not too bad at all.

Congrats on your haul, everyone. I feel jipped since I forgot about the B1G1, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess. Glad you guys got what you wanted :)

B1G1 didn't stack for me, picked up darkness, ac6, blue dragon and Lost Planet, ran into a nother cag'r who tried to get them to do the B1G1, glad I got there when I did (10:01), because I guarantee he would have bought multiple copies :)

And yet again are stories of advertised sales being denied at Game Crazy. Why can't they make Scorch the GC CEO, he's the only good manager they have. I bet he wouldn't let an employee screw a customer when he's standing right next to the employee.

I picked up TNA Impact for $7 used...no copies of AC6 anywhere.

If I can find the ad, hopefully I can PM it at Best Buy or Wal-Mart

I went back and the guy told me got an email in regards to the sale after I left. He adjusted it, got the B1G1 applied and picked up Soul Calibur IV as well.

I can't believe the employees have to scan a barcode for all of their sales.

hey, scorch or someone who knows. Does GC still have the trade in a ps2 and 3 games and get 90 back. I dont have an extra controller or sony memory card for the 100 dollar trade in credit but if they still have the 90 trade in credit that is still good. I have a madcatz 32 mb card for the ps2 and no extra controller. I am hoping they still have the 90 trade in credit so I can buy a new xbox 360. Also, are the 3 used games any games or only the ones they take? thx

Picked up Blue Dragon, TNA Impact, Two Worlds and Stranglehold for $21 and some change. The buy 1 get one free worked like a charm. Thanks OP!

[quote name='lakers2008']hey, scorch or someone who knows. Does GC still have the trade in a ps2 and 3 games and get 90 back.[/QUOTE]

nope.

I was the 1st there this morning and the cashier did not want to give me the B1G1 promo. I showed him his own ad and he then said it was "for something else" when I pointed to the fine print of equal or less value. He then added it was for a "stack of games" that he had down the counter, and I was like okay, since Blue Dragon is pictured, can I pick out a "free" game from that stack? And I ended up with Crackdown.

I picked up brand new copies of TNA, AC6, Blue Dragon, and a used copy of Crackdown. No new copies of The Darkness or Lost Planet.

Congrats to the CAGer for having BB pm to Gamecrazy. I tried that last year and they said it wasn't in their system to PM.

Snagged a SC IV for PS3. Employees had no idea it was on sale and kept telling me they doubted it was $25 until they scanned it.

Thanks for the heads up. I just went and scooped up Two Worlds & Hour of Victory for $10 w/ the B1G1 deal, but better yet I traded in 1 of the GTA IV's that I got from BBV last week for $12 TIV and still have $2.01 in my account.

I got Ace Combat and Blue Dragon. I tried to get stranglehold but for some odd reason it kept ringing as 19.99(the guy actually showed me too) but every other deal was there.

Nice, I got MLB 2K8, Lost Planet, Ace Combat 6, and TNA Impact for the 360 for $15+tax total after the B1G1. Sure beats GameStop, who still has Impact for $35 used.

Just got back from GameCrazy in Turlock, CA and they said the ad and sale was pulled. No manager present and the clerks had 'just got a call from corporate' and had no other information. Might be a local problem (I see that others had no problems, so probably is).

Anyone else have this issue? If not, then I might try another one nearby (35 miles away).

It might just be your store. How can they pull an ad on the day it drops? They could have done that days ago by phone, email, or fax. I'm also in Cali, central Cali, visiting my parents and the store had two huge stacks of ads by the front counter. Even though the lame cashier did not really honor the B1G1 for my purchase, he did honor the prices from the ad as he scanned them, they went through.

If anything, u can try again w/ a different clerk or call them by phone to inquire about the ad. They are trying to pull a fast one, from what it sounds like, maybe so they can purchase the items for themselves? Good luck!

Picked up last used copy of Stranglehold PS3 $8 @ Chino Spectrum, CA, they didn't have any ads anywhere and they usually do on their counters so I would'nt be too surprised if they did change something.

[quote name='vectorscalar']Just got back from GameCrazy in Turlock, CA and they said the ad and sale was pulled. No manager present and the clerks had 'just got a call from corporate' and had no other information. Might be a local problem (I see that others had no problems, so probably is).

Anyone else have this issue? If not, then I might try another one nearby (35 miles away).[/QUOTE]

I live in San Jose and I went to my GC right when it opened, ads at the checkout and got my games for teh sale prices

Thanks for the post,

I was able to pick up Ace combat, Lost Planet, and mlb 2k8 for 20 dollars and change while visiting mom in aptos, ca. I believe the store was in capitola. They said it was the last copy of new ace combat and mlb. They were saying the used copys were the same price though.

It's in today's ad that states buying any game $18.99 or less, and get a second game, of equal or less value, free. Check out page 7, post #138, a CAGer posted ad scans. The last ad scan has a section on "Buy 1, Get 1 FREE".

bread's done
Back