GameCrazy New Year's Ad! - Ends Jan. 4th

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
Holy crap this is actually a pretty good ad:

Get $100 Credit when you trade in PS2 towards any X360 bundle - PS2 must come with two controllers, four games and a memory card - can be ANY four games

B1G1F on ALL Petz, Petz Rescue, Imagine or ENER-G DS titles.

$4.99 NEW
The Darkness X360
Lost Planet X360
MLB 2K8 X360/PS3
MGS3 PS2
Super DBZ PS2
Death Jr. DS

$9.99 New
TNA Impact X360/PS3
Ace Combat 6 X360

Stranglehold X360/PS3
Two Worlds
Fantastic Four ROTSS X360/PS3
Blue Dragon X360
Hour of Victory X360

$19.99 NEW
We Cheer Wii
High School Musical 3 Wii
MX vs ATV Untamed X360/PS3
Smackdown vs Raw 2009 DS
Army of Two X360/PS3
Frontlines X360
DBZ Burst Limit X360/PS3

20% more on your trades when you trade in 3 or more PSP, DS, Wii, PS3 or X360 games

30% off ALL USED MUSIC ACCESSORIES! X360 Rock Band 1 Drums $20.99 used!

Shaun White 49.99 X360/PS3
Crackdown 14.99 X360
Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party $39.99 Wii
Disney Sing It $34.99 Wii/PS2
Smackdown vs Raw 09 $49.99 X360/PS3
We Ski $14.99 Wii
Saints Row 2 $49.99 X360/PS3
Devil May Cry 4 $29.99 X360/PS3

**RETRACTION**
Prince of Persia $59.99 X360/PS3
Assassin's Creed $9.99 X360/PS3 ONLY WHEN YOU BUY IT WITH PRINCE OF PERSIA!
**RETRACTION**

Mortal Kombat vs DC $39.99 X360/PS3
Quantum of Solace $39.99 PS3/X360
Baja Edge of Control $39.99 PS3/X360
Moto GP 08 $39.99 X360

Guitar Hero Aerosmith bundle X360/PS3/Wii $59.99

Haze $14.99 PS3
Lego Batman $39.99 PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $39.99 PS3

Super Smash Bros Brawl $39.99 Wii
Lego Batman $39.99 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers $39.99 Wii
Samba De Amigo $19.99 Wii

Mass Effect $19.99 X360
Guitar Hero Aerosmith $29.99 X360 (Already $19.99 used in stores)
Mercenaries 2 $39.99 X360 (Ad says 49.99, it's already 39.99 in stores
Ninja Gaiden 2 $24.99 X360

Call of Duty: World at War $39.99 X360/PS3
Star Wars Force Unleashed $39.99 X360/PS3

Sorry if this was typed out like an ADHD rabbit on crack, I'm running on a few hours of sleep and 20+ hours of retail work during the holidays so my nerves are pretty frayed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3 GameCrazys I've ever been into were all well organized, prices were correct, and sales were honored. I really enjoy them more than GameStop.

Then again, I guess that's like saying you prefer anything to your eyes being gouged out.

My GC here is terrible. The only used items they get are rejects from the 7 (yes, SEVEN) Gamestops we have within a 4 mile radius.

[quote name='riccaboni']The 3 GameCrazys I've ever been into were all well organized, prices were correct, and sales were honored. I really enjoy them more than GameStop.

Then again, I guess that's like saying you prefer anything to your eyes being gouged out.[/quote]

Which location is this?

Well, i got Blue Dragon and Ace Combat for $21.xx. Lost Planet was already sold out.

I've always enjoyed my Gamecrazy. The clerks are friendly and extremely helpful. They always honor sales. They don't always know when sales are going on, but that's not their fault. They have always have been willing to work with me if I question whether or not something is on sale.

[quote name='Redrazorback']Well, i got Blue Dragon and Ace Combat for $21.xx. Lost Planet was already sold out.

I've always enjoyed my Gamecrazy. The clerks are friendly and extremely helpful. They always honor sales. They don't always know when sales are going on, but that's not their fault. They have always have been willing to work with me if I question whether or not something is on sale.[/quote]

They wouldn't do the B1G1 for you?

They wouldn't honor the B1G1 at my GC either. They were very rude and could not give me a reason why they couldnt do it. I have emailed corporate, but havent gotten any response.

When to get a copy of Ace Combat 6 and the guy was telling everybody that the promotion was to start tomorrow, I got the flyer and told him that the promotion it ends on 1/4/09 but there was nothing there about when will start.

The guy call the only other store in the area and got told that the promotion was running already, got me waiting about 30 min to print their override stoer coupons, but finally got AC6 and Blue Dragon for $9.99 + tax

Not a bad deal, and they had plenty of copies of both

Does anyone know what other games are $18.99 or cheaper for the 360? I was tempted to go to the Gamecrazy that is twenty minutes away, but now that I found out it was BOGO I'm definitely going.

[quote name='albino_hippo']Another weird thing: Since when are "new" copies unsealed? He told me I could pick from new & used, and although the games were in pretty much never-opened condition, the seal was gone and there was no shrinkwrap o_O GC policy? Has anyone else gotten a new game like that?

I walked out happy though; picked up Lost Planet & The Darkness "brand new" for only $5.31[/quote]

That's the Gamestop/EB Games way of doing things. They open a copy for the store display and then stick the game in a plastic bag and call it new when they sell it, even though there's no way in hell you can ever return the game as new. Then there are also stories of their employees taking the games home, opening them and playing with them, and then selling them as new.

Surprised Gamecrazy would do that since they have no display copies and everything new is behind the counter.

I went today and got mlb 2k8 for $5 used. I was told the prices in the ad for the $5 and $10 games were the prices for used versions. Did I get :bs: ed. Why can't they make easier for me and people who work there decipher their ad because it doesn't say new or used.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']That's the Gamestop/EB Games way of doing things. They open a copy for the store display and then stick the game in a plastic bag and call it new when they sell it, even though there's no way in hell you can ever return the game as new. Then there are also stories of their employees taking the games home, opening them and playing with them, and then selling them as new.

Surprised Gamecrazy would do that since they have no display copies and everything new is behind the counter.[/quote]

Yeah, my Darkness was opened but I didn't care. I checked for scratches and there weren't any. Actually, I was happy they opened it for me... saved me a few extra seconds. :)

Question? I could have sworn I saw a posting for Soul Caliber for $24.99 New/$19.99 Used at Game Crazy. (a Non advertised deal) I went to GC and they rang it up...$59.99.. I looked through this thread again and could not find that post...can anyone shed some light?

[quote name='tini1485']Question? I could have sworn I saw a posting for Soul Caliber for $24.99 New/$19.99 Used at Game Crazy. (a Non advertised deal) I went to GC and they rang it up...$59.99.. I looked through this thread again and could not find that post...can anyone shed some light?[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $19.99 Used on Sunday

[quote name='tini1485']Question? I could have sworn I saw a posting for Soul Caliber for $24.99 New/$19.99 Used at Game Crazy. (a Non advertised deal) I went to GC and they rang it up...$59.99.. I looked through this thread again and could not find that post...can anyone shed some light?[/quote]
It went back up in price on Monday. It was only a weekend sale.

[quote name='AC2k8']I went today and got mlb 2k8 for $5 used. I was told the prices in the ad for the $5 and $10 games were the prices for used versions. Did I get :bs: ed. Why can't they make easier for me and people who work there decipher their ad because it doesn't say new or used.[/quote]I got the used $10 games for $8 at my GC (Massapequa, NY).

Took advantage of the B1G1, and got Blue Dragon, AC6, Darkness, and Lost Planet for about $16 after tax. They tried to get me to pay $20 for it, saying that the two $5 games had to be the free ones, so I just insisted on getting them on different receipts. Was also a bit disappointed at the fact there were no more TNA, but still pretty happy with my purchase :) (I don't go to GC that much, so this was a good impression)

[quote name='AC2k8']I went today and got mlb 2k8 for $5 used. I was told the prices in the ad for the $5 and $10 games were the prices for used versions. Did I get :bs: ed. Why can't they make easier for me and people who work there decipher their ad because it doesn't say new or used.[/quote]

you got screwed, these are for new games, some the gamecrazy I went to had the price marked as $4.99 and $9.99 under the game too

Did the stores actually get new shipment of the cheapass titles (eg Ace Combat 6) prior to and during the sale? I hope those were not just leftover stock at the individual stores. I went to/called some stores Sunday morning and they said they were sold out.

Does anybody know what $7.99 & under games they got for 360? I wanna get the 3 for $15 if they have any good games. I know Forza 2 but that's all I see in the paper or on the site.

Picked up Splinter Cell Double Agent and Conan for 20.xx with BOGO, not too bad even though I've heard Conan is pretty bad, there wasn't really anything else I wanted to be honest.

[quote name='eau']Did the stores actually get new shipment of the cheapass titles (eg Ace Combat 6) prior to and during the sale? I hope those were not just leftover stock at the individual stores. I went to/called some stores Sunday morning and they said they were sold out.[/quote]

I think it's rather hit or miss. One store near me seemed to get a new shipment of AC6, because I had not seen those games previously for a while.

The GameCrazy I went to BS'ed me on the 3 for $15 and the B1G1 free. :whistle2:( That manager's always a douche anyways. I did pick up brand new copies of Lost Planet and The Darkness for a little over $10 total. I'm happy.

Picked up AC6 at GameCrazy today. They were all out of new copies so I picked up their last used copy for 8 bucks. Disc was in great shape too, so it was a great deal for me.

[quote name='Scorch']GameCrazy doesn't take back limited edition games used, so if you see a lost planet ce used, yeah, it's $4.99.[/quote]

Scorch I work at Gamecrazy as well and I took a Lost Planet Colonies Edition in trade and the system did recognize it as different. The guy got almost 6.00 bucks in trade in for it, and we put a used price sticker of 24.99, 22.49 MVP. I wish it was 4.99 though.

Would anyone be willing to pick me up a copy of TNA Impact and Ace Combat 6 for the Xbox 360? I don't have a GameCrazy near me and this would be the only way I could get these games really cheap.

Something worth remembering at GC, when they do not have stock for a new game, they will price match themselves for a used copy. So I picked up another Lost Planet and Darkness today from their used stock. A damn fine policy.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']Then there are also stories of their employees taking the games home, opening them and playing with them, and then selling them as new.[/quote]

Never happened @ the GS I used to work at. We were only allowed to play used copies when more than 1 was in stock.

anyone interested. I just traded in my ps2 4 scratch games an 8mb memory card 2 ds2 for a new 360 pro holiday bundle with the jaspwr chipset. manufacturing date 11-7-08. the process was simple. they tested the ps2 for like 2 minutes. I gave them some scratch games and they still took them. great deal and very happy. now the xbox better not ring red on me.

wow, good call on highlighting that, your right you never see deals for Ace Combat. Thanks
CAGsmily!.gif
!

[quote name='lakers2008']anyone interested. I just traded in my ps2 4 scratch games an 8mb memory card 2 ds2 for a new 360 pro holiday bundle with the jaspwr chipset. manufacturing date 11-7-08. the process was simple. they tested the ps2 for like 2 minutes. I gave them some scratch games and they still took them. great deal and very happy. now the xbox better not ring red on me.[/quote]

so u traded in 2 official sony controllers? i'm still curious as to whether or not they take unofficial ones as i only have one and would need another for this deal

[quote name='Error404']Never happened @ the GS I used to work at. We were only allowed to play used copies when more than 1 was in stock.[/quote]

Well, YMMV as usual. At one of my local GS, the employees often come in stating in front of whatever customers that they're returning X game so they need some sort of sign out sheet. I've heard comments of how it was the last gutted copy and they had to hold off selling it, etc. At another store where my friend works at, hetells me that they're allowed to "rent" the gutted copy of any new game for 1 day.

[quote name='eminemobied12']so u traded in 2 official sony controllers? i'm still curious as to whether or not they take unofficial ones as i only have one and would need another for this deal[/QUOTE]

already said this was YMMV.. i've taken in third party ones for this deal.

Finally picked up Two Worlds, I wonder if it's as bad as everyone says. Guess I'll find out.

[quote name='Scorch']already said this was YMMV.. i've taken in third party ones for this deal.

Finally picked up Two Worlds, I wonder if it's as bad as everyone says. Guess I'll find out.[/quote]

it is pretty bad... i played it for 10mins and i gave up...
oblivion=10, two worlds=4

The TNA game on sale for 9.99 is barely worth it...I have already grown frustrated of this game and traded it in....can't complain too much about the price though as I got more for it in trade in.

Picked up sealed copies of The Darkness and Lost Planet finally. The B1G1, they were stating it was for only the games pictured in the ad, so I asked them if they had MGS3 and they did, sealed. So I got all three games for $10.76 out the door.

Just when I was done shopping for this year, I picked up 4 classics with the B1G1 promo:

-Perfect Dark Zero: Limited Edition
-Splinter Cell Double Agent: Collector's Edition
-Call of Juarez
-Kameo

my gc had no prob with the b1g1 on anything 18.99 and under. got almost all the 9.99 games b1g1 and my gc also pm's so they pm'd stuff and also got b1g1 on them. happy hunting

Ugh. A lot of the Game Crazys around here have quietly removed their signs, and aren't listed on the website locator anymore. Sure, they still stock games, and look exactly like Game Crazys, but they aren't. There are still some Game Crazys around MD, but they're in odd places (Frederick, Sykesville, Severna Park; not close to the big cities). I stopped by my "former" Game Crazy this morning and was told they are now a Game Zone, and will not honor GC prices. I tried to price match at Wal-Mart, and was told they don't price-match "game stores" because they don't consider them competitors.

Guess I'll try Best Buy or another Wal-Mart.

Picked up Shadow Hearts: Covenant and From the New World for $15 at the first store I went to. They were out of AC6, but they directed me to another store that had it, so I got that and Blue Dragon for $10. The second store also had a Xenosaga III player's guide that was staring at me, and it turned out that it was pennied, so I ended up getting that for free.

[quote name='CaoPi']does anyone even play TNA impact online?[/quote]

There was nobody on when I tried to play a ranked match last night towards the achievement. The game is decent but gets old quick due to a lack of moves. If they put some effort into a sequel (if there ever is one) it has the potential to be awesome.

bread's done
Back