GameCrazy Price Drop Thread

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I decided to make one thread and every time I receive a list of price drops, or someone PM's me a list or whatever, I will update the OP. This list has a new format as of 6/30/07. These are the prices that they will ring up at the register, despite what the sticker price says. I hope this new format is easier to read for you.

The price format is as follows: new/used. Example: 19.99/14.99.. 20 new, 15 used. If the price has --, it means the price was not changed. Example: Madden 07 --/14.99 means that the new price was not changed.

MVP Pricing Guide! If the used price is the price on the left, the price on the right is what the price would be with MVP!

54.99/49.49
49.99/44.99
44.99/40.49
39.99/36.99
34.99/31.49
29.99/26.99
24.99/22.50
19.99/17.99
14.99/13.49
12.99/11.79
9.99/8.99
7.99/7.19
4.99/4.49

=============================================
8/8

PS3
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

X360
Dark Sector 19.99/17.99

=============================================
7/29

PS2

Need For Speed Underground 2 --/9.99
Women's Volleyball Championship 14.99/--

PS3
Motorstorm 29.99/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Resistance 29.99/19.99
Uncharted --/39.99
Warhawk 29.99/19.99
Warhawk Bundle 49.99/--
WWE Smackdown 2008 39.99/29.99

PSP
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 19.99/14.99

Wii
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008 29.99/19.99

X360
Bioshock --/29.99
Bully --/24.99
Call of Duty 3 --/14.99
Conan --/17.99
Dead or Alive 4 --/17.99
Def Jam Icon --/19.99
FEAR --/14.99
FIFA 08 --/34.99
Fight Night Round 3 --/19.99
Guitar Hero 2 w/o Guitar --/24.99
Halo 3 --/39.99
Incredible Hulk --/44.99
Iron Man --/44.99
Juiced 2 --/17.99
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga --/34.99
NBA 2K8 --/24.99
Need For Speed Carbon --/19.99
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 39.99/29.99
Shadowrun --/17.99
Tony Hawk's Project 8 --/14.99
Two Worlds --/24.99
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 08 39.99/29.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure wish my Gamecrazy would come off the price on the GB Micro. They have 5 of them and 2 are the 20th ann. editions. Just can't pay $50 when I own a DS. Thanks for the other prices though OP.

I assume that's $130 for a used PSP? Or did they decide to cut the price and tempt me so soon after the blah official price drop?

Just wish they would cut prices more often. My local store still has copies of beatmania, dragon quest controllers, and about 4 each of the messiah wireless controllers for snes/nes sitting around with an inch of dust on them.

Many thanks for this thread!

Some of the other titles of interest I have seen marked down at local stores

Price is for new
Gungriffon Blaze 9.99
La Pucelle Tactics 17.99
Growlanser Generations Deluxe 39.99 (19.99 for non deluxe)
Phantom Brave 7.99
R-Type Final 7.99
Beatmania bundle 19.99

My local stores new section is mind boggling when it comes to older items. I guess people just don't bother looking behind the counter but sadly alot of older stuff is still full retail.

Is there any price difference between a regular XBox and the Green Halo XBox? My GC had a used Green listed at $99 the other day and I would pick it up at $79.

[quote name='botticus']I assume that's $130 for a used PSP? Or did they decide to cut the price and tempt me so soon after the blah official price drop?[/quote]
Yeah all those prices are used systems.. let me update the OP

Is there any price difference between a regular XBox and the Green Halo XBox? My GC had a used Green listed at $99 the other day and I would pick it up at $79.

In terms of SKU, no. A used XBox is a used XBox. Whether it's Halo, a purple XBox, crystal clear XBox, whatever.. it's 79.99

Good idea Scorch, love the thread. Why the hell can't the Xbox version of Scarface drop?

You tell me and we'll both know. I was happy when I saw the PS2 version dropped.. checked the XBox.. nope. 39.99 new/34.99 used. D'oh!

On a side note, GC never, ever, ever fucking drops limited edition things. This is why you'll find MK: Armageddon, Scarface, Godfather and GTA: San Andreas all at 19.99 new, 14.99 used.. yet the used limited edition ones are always 41.99/37.79 with MVP (or somewhere around there). It's retarded. My store has like 5 used Armageddon CE's and 2 new, a few used Scarface LE's, and two Godfather LE's.

Just for shits and giggles, on the new wall, I actually put the normal MK:A next to MK: LE. One's 19.99, one's 49.99. I just find that humorous.

I get the feeling the Scarface will be a universal price drop soon as I've noticed that amazon has it with the GH label on it but is selling it for 25.99 but CompUsa.com as it now for 19.99.

hope that scarface price lasts a while ive been wanting to pick this game up for a while now. now lets just get bully and okami down to that price too and im a happy man.

Scorch: Didn't always used to be that way.. I remember picking up the Chaos Theory and a few other LE's for cheap when they hit $20. That does suck, though. GameCrazy always has been weird about their price drops. They don't drop if they think there's even a chance people might pay more. Probably why the Xbox scarface hasn't dropped, because it's BC playable.

isnt Blitz the League worth $10 dollars i mean still if i heard bad reviews $10 dollars doesnt seem half bad

can anyone confirm that the joystick to the tekken arcade stick has a clicking sound every time you move it? I've never owned a console stick and I just wanted it for capcom vs snk 2/marvelvcapcom2... it's kind of frustrating but a nice hori stick no matter what.

[quote name='tiredfornow']can anyone confirm that the joystick to the tekken arcade stick has a clicking sound every time you move it? I've never owned a console stick and I just wanted it for capcom vs snk 2/marvelvcapcom2... it's kind of frustrating but a nice hori stick no matter what.[/quote]

It makes a clicking sound when moved around. Fireball motions feel a little awkward but it's a decent stick.

Thanks for the info Scorch. Now all we need are similar threads from workers at other VG retail stores that have price drops/clearances.

sorry for the lack of updates, I don't work daily/go up there daily!

I'll post the updates (if any) for the 11th, 12th and 13th tomorrow

OK are Gamecrazy prices YMMV or something? I just went out of my way to a GC for the first time, and the experience was not good.

First I picked up a used Wii Happy Feet and new 360 Blitz (for Gamerush flipping purposes), took them to the counter, and they rang up as $24.99 and $29.99. I did the whole "Er, I thought they'd ring up cheaper, sorry about that" thing and put them back. So I'm about to leave when I notice a used 360 Blitz, clearly stickered at 7.99. I take that to the counter instead, and it rings up $14.99! I point out that the sticker says 7.99, and I throw in that "someone else I know (i.e. this thread) got the game for this price", and the guy says someone must have changed the sticker, and the price is definitely $14.99. (Of course, later inspection of the sticker shows that these are impossible to remove without tearing and leaving residue behind).
So I bought it for $15 anyway, I figure flipping it at Gamerush is still worth it, sort of, and I didn't want to leave empty handed since I'd gone out of my way to find this place. Did this happen to anyone else?

Oh, hmm never mind, looks like I happened to walk in there the morning the prices all went up chainwide, and before these price increases were reported on CAG.

Mercury Meltdown for the Wii went down to $19.99? :shock:

I think I might have to pay a visit to GC and pre-order that at that price. Can always back out before it launches if it turns out to be a real turd.

[quote name='shrike4242']Mercury Meltdown for the Wii went down to $19.99? :shock:

I think I might have to pay a visit to GC and pre-order that at that price. Can always back out before it launches if it turns out to be a real turd.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, that's the way to handle these budget Wii ports! At that price, I may actually pick this up as well.

Wierd about the Blitz price increases, I wonder what's up with that?

I was at the GC from hell last night. I just wanted to trade 1 game in and there were 2 people in front of me. The clerk kept talking to the first guy, who he obviosuly knew, and took over 10 minutes to sell him his one game. Because he was talking he kept screwing up whatever he was doing on the register. I found out later he was also incompetant (I should have known because he told the guy he couldn't figure out how to apply his cancelled $5 preorder to the purchase he was making). Finally, after the first guy leaves he then gets in a long conversation with the next set of people - two punk kids who almost made me laugh out loud when they told him they heard the "Wii was hella weak". To his credit, the GC guy defended it, but of course this all took more time. Meanwhile 3 more people got behind me. It was 8:40 when I went in and now it was near 9 and the clerk said something about how bad it will be that he'll have to kick us all out. I nearly smacked him :roll:. If he had just stopped talking for half a minute we'd all have been done. Then he proceeded to take 3 phone calls... The two punk kids finally finish with their Dragon Ball Z and Need for Speed Most Wanted (for PS2) purchases (and of course one of them needs resurfacing). Finally I get to trade in my game and first he has trouble looking it up, then he can't figure out how to add 10 cents so I can make it an even $10 (to put on a gift card). He says it will only let him put 80 cents on (WTF??) - so I just tell him to put $9 on the card, I just wanted out of there!

Let me double check the MMR price. It was with the Blitz, Ant Bully and Happy Feet price drops.. all of those went back up yesterday/today

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Are you sure Mk unchained for psp went down? I just bought it tonight and it rang up 19.99 new.[/QUOTE]

The price went down and then back up a week later. I think just about all of those prices went back up a week later.

[quote name='freshzen']The price went down and then back up a week later. I think just about all of those prices went back up a week later.[/quote]

Thanks. I thought they were permanent price drops and not just a sale.:cry:

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Thanks. I thought they were permanent price drops and not just a sale.:cry:[/QUOTE]

I did too. My backup plan for the trades if I had to buy something was Blitz:OT. Saw it during my last trade for $30something. Fortunately, I wasn't forced to buy anything.

[quote name='freshzen']The price went down and then back up a week later. I think just about all of those prices went back up a week later.[/QUOTE]

Is the Tekken 5 arcade bundle still $29.99 or did that go back up too?

Nice to see that TMNT dropped so quickly. Even funnier that the last flier had TMNT down to $29.99.

I think it's worth $14.99 used, since I can't imagine copies would be too badly screwed up.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, I rented it and got the 1000 achievement points, but I couldn't pass it up.. I love the turtles.[/quote]I knew it wasn't worth $60, though $15 used or $20 new, I think I can handle that.

[quote name='shrike4242']I knew it wasn't worth $60, though $15 used or $20 new, I think I can handle that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I may snag this too. And I ALMOST bought this as one of my forced trade-in purchases the other day for $29.99 because it was on "sale" in the ad for that price. It is kind of wierd they would drop it so soon (given that in the current flier it is on sale for $29.99). My boys might like this - maybe I'll look for a used copy (and save it for myself for the next achievement challenge ;)). I was going to rent it but for this price I might as well just buy it!

Edit - :lol:, I see you already pointed out the flier issue Shrike! But, yeah, good point on the likely good condition of used copies at this point. I think I'll look for one tomorow! Though, on the other hand it is a good purchase for the last few trades I had planned at my local store (needs to be a new game to get the 50% bump).

Thanks for the update scorch. :D . Too bad the on price drops for the dead or alive and virtua tennis...:cry: . I so saw that one coming though. BTW this deal has made me very chummy with some game crazy employees, but not very happy with others. LOL . Some of you probably know what I am talking about from my preivous rant ;) .

[quote name='Gara']It makes a clicking sound when moved around. Fireball motions feel a little awkward but it's a decent stick.[/quote]

guess you didn't realize it was a square-gate? :D this is the default setting for Tekken 5 arcade hori installed cabinets, so you won't get the full 360 unless you swap out the parts. On top of this anyone know if the tekken 5 bundle is still 29.99?

[quote name='CaoPi']On top of this anyone know if the tekken 5 bundle is still 29.99?[/quote]

It was a price drop. It's not going to go back up in price.

And most stores received a shipment of more after the initial batch was sold.

Thanks Scorch for the uptade with TMNT, my son wants try this game for the Wii, I just came back from my local GC and the employee was not aware of the price drop, it was still on the shelf for 49.99, but it rang 19.99 :applause:

Sweet, I'm gonna stop by GameCrazy after work and pick up TMNT for the 360.

UPDATE: Just got back from GameCrazy with my copy of TMNT 360. The clerk did a double take when he rang it up as $19.99 when the price tag said $49.99.

[quote name='dtsai24']I bought TMNT for $30 last week, could I get a price match now?[/quote]

no

Regarding Lockdown, it WAS 4.99, it's back up to 7.99, unless they lowered again. A lot of XB games went to 4.99 for a sale (like X-Men Legends, Red Dead Revolver, THUG2, etc)

bread's done
Back