GameCrazy Price Drops! Taiko, GallopRacer, TimeCrisis W/Gun 19.99 or less and more!!

FFMooglestar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Note 1/23 - If you guys are enjoying this sale, don't forget to "Rate Thread." This can be found near the top right of the first post on any page of this thread!

This morning All GameCrazy stores should have gotten a huge 32 page Price Drop List. Being the GameCrazy CAG I am, I have brought that list here to you tonight.

These prices should NOT be YMMV as the POS SHOULD reflect the changes nation wide.

Thank You CAG Oxidative for combining all of the pages into one PDF:
http://home.comcast.net/~oxidative/PriceDrop.pdf

Format: Title - New Standard Price - Sale Price - Used Price

32 of 32 Scanned and Hosted!

Highlights and CAG Reccomendations:
:ps2: Taiko Drum Master - 17.99
:ps2: Time Crisis 2 With Guncon - 14.99
:ps2: Time Crisis 3 With Guncon - 19.99
:ps2: Time Crisis: Crisis Zone With Guncon - 17.99 (This is in the POS as Time Crisis 4)
:ps2: Ninja Assault With Guncon - 14.99
:ps2: Vampire Nights With Guncon - 9.99
:ps2: Gallop Racer 2004 - 17.99
:ps2: Shining Tears - 19.99
:ps2: Trapt - 19.99 (Sale Price)
:ps2: Karaoke Revolution with Mic - 14.99
:ps2: Karaoke Revolution 3 with Mic - 17.99
:ps2: Dance Dance Revolution Max 2 with Dancepad - 14.99
:gc: Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos - 19.99
:xbox: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 2 with Dancepad - 29.99
:xbox: Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix with Dancepad - 14.99
:xbox: Capcom vs SNK 2 EO - 9.99
:xbox: Karaoke Revolution with Mic - 17.99

:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei - Nocturne - 17.99
:gc: Skies of Arcadia - 14.99
:ps2: Makai Kingdom - 19.99
:ps2: Stella Deus - 19.99
:gc: Gotcha Force - 9.99
:gc: Rave Master - 19.99
:ps2: Digital Devil Saga - 19.99
:ps2: Jak X - 19.99
:ps2: King of Fighters 2002/2003 - 19.99
:ps2: Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana - 29.99
:ps2: Ys' Ark of Napishtim - 19.99
:ps2: Culdcept - 9.99
:ps2: .dot Hack Parts 1 through 3 - 14.99
:ps2: .dot Hack Part 4 - 17.99
:ps2: Genji - 19.99
:ps2: Haunting Grounds - 19.99
:ps2: Ico - 14.99
:ps2: Kessen 2 - 9.99
:ps2: Kessen 3 - 19.99
:ps2: La Pucelle Tactics - 17.99
:ps2: Metal Slug 4 and 5 - 19.99
:ps2: :xbox: Psychonauts - 19.99
:ps2: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7 and 8 - 14.99
:ps2: Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9 - 17.99
:ps2: RPG Maker 2 - 9.99
:ps2: Shadow Hearts - 14.99
:ps2: Shadow Hearts Covenant - 17.99
:ps2: Suikoden 3 - 14.99
:ps2: Fatal Frame - 14.99
:xbox: Fatal Frame - 9.99
:ps2: PTO IV - 9.99

[quote name='levi333']According to the back of the Crisis Zone box, "Guncon2 is not compatible with LCD moniors or Projections TVs."[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was just hoping that adapter would JUKE the system.:lol:

Grabbed myself another Taiko Drum Master after playing it and deciding it would be more fun with two players. Guess I will try to sell the sealed game on Ebay to recoup some of my cost...not sure if anyone will want it without the drum. Could also try trading it into Gamerush, I guess.

I LOVE my girlfriend! She's out in Los Angeles and I called her and she picked up Makai Kingdom, Shining Tears, Atelier Iris, Stella Deus, & Trapt for me! What a woman! Isn't love wonderful?

Just tried to trade the Taiko into BB without the drum, wasn't in their system...didn't scan...so they wouldn't take it. Probably would need the big box and drum to trade it in.

Went out to another store and found 3 more used games to add to my collection...

Picked up:
Dino Stalkers
Monster Rancher 4
.dot Hack Outbreak

Seems like this sale just keeps on giving!

Went to my local GameCrazy to find something and came up short for what I was looking for. If any CAG's can sell me these following games from the clearance, could you send a PM?

Taiko Drum Master
Ninja Assault W/ GunCon --or-- Time Crisis 3 w/ GunCon
Shadow Hearts
Ico

This was so amazing. A few days ago i went into my gamecrazy and bought ICO (ps2), etnernal darkness (gc) and mister masquito (ps2) for around $35. masquito was just an impluse buy but other than that i dont believe i got two amazing games for so cheap. i cant wait to see what they have to offer.

I got the last La Pucelle Tactics, but it was crappy because it was the store copy that had already been opened. They didn't sell it to me used though (although technically the store HAD used it, fingerprints and all) ... But I got it since I've been wanting to play it.

Other than that, I found Shining Tears and that was like it. Everything Atlus other than Atelier Iris had been cleared out.

[quote name='nickelpin']I got the last La Pucelle Tactics, but it was crappy because it was the store copy that had already been opened. They didn't sell it to me used though (although technically the store HAD used it, fingerprints and all) ... But I got it since I've been wanting to play it.

Other than that, I found Shining Tears and that was like it. Everything Atlus other than Atelier Iris had been cleared out.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya. I picked up a copy of Shining Tears, their last "new" copy. It wasn't just open, it had light scratches on it. There was no way it is new, but what are you going to do if it's the last copy?

I really wanted Taiko Drummer but my Gamecrazy was sold out. I have $40 credit at GameRush if anyone wanted to perhaps trade for it. I could pick out a game for around $40 or even just send you the gift card it's on in exchange for Taiko. It would be greatly appreciated. My birthday was yesterday, so I'd consider it a wonderful present. Let me know thanks!

[quote name='hbkid10x']I really wanted Taiko Drummer but my Gamecrazy was sold out. I have $40 credit at GameRush if anyone wanted to perhaps trade for it. I could pick out a game for around $40 or even just send you the gift card it's on in exchange for Taiko. It would be greatly appreciated. My birthday was yesterday, so I'd consider it a wonderful present. Let me know thanks![/QUOTE]

i would do it but it was also the last taiko here. i'm sure someone will help you out.
:)

[quote name='hbkid10x']I really wanted Taiko Drummer but my Gamecrazy was sold out. I have $40 credit at GameRush if anyone wanted to perhaps trade for it. I could pick out a game for around $40 or even just send you the gift card it's on in exchange for Taiko. It would be greatly appreciated. My birthday was yesterday, so I'd consider it a wonderful present. Let me know thanks![/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll check my gamecrazy on my way home from work. I remember them having a couple left.

Saw couple Taiko games in the store I went to, not sure if they are display boxes only though.

There are Taiko Drums at my GC. Theres no GameRush where I live so I would take a game..probably sealed Mario Kart DS or something from my wanted list (see my sig "swag link")

[quote name='djinni']I hear ya. I picked up a copy of Shining Tears, their last "new" copy. It wasn't just open, it had light scratches on it. There was no way it is new, but what are you going to do if it's the last copy?[/QUOTE]

they usually give you store credit if it's there last copy and its defective...

I walked in looking to buy Time Crisis 3 w/ Guncon since I had seen it yesterday but it was already sold out. Instead I got lucky and was able to get the last copies of SMT Nocturne LE for $17.99 and Digital Devil Saga LE for $19.99. They also had DDS2 for $39.99 and since it was the last copy, I asked them to hold it for me until Friday.

I'll do swaps for games for those who have Time Crisis 2, 3, Vampire Night, Ninja Assault (all with guncons), or Stella Deus, or DDS. If there is a game you want, I can check my GC and swap games with you.

went back to the crenshaw gamecrazy- they gave me the disc for galop racer 2k3 when i bought gallop racer 2k4.

They had disgaea new for $20 but would not sell it to me since another customer at another store paid $6 to have it sent to their store, I had them call the compton store and they said no disgaea.

ah well.

they did have vampire night (no manual) for $8 and disc only growlanser for $15 so i got those with the money i got from returning gallop racer.

all in all, a good sale.

Dont know if this has been posted but you can use the coupons they were giving out during the holidays when you purchased a system. Its a buy one get one coupon on any new item 17.99 or less! Lets just say i had 3 of these coupons.

Like lifetakers said, it was a sheet of coupons given out in December if you purchased a system. I bought a DS from them so I could get the 12 free rental coupons, so the holiday coupons were a bonus.

I used the buy 3 used ($14.99 or less) for $30. I got TC3+gun, TC4+gun, Shadow Hearts.

Someone pick me up a nocturne le please. i'll pay them the price they paid for it plus shipping. lmk something, thanks.

Tonight I visited the Palatine, IL Game Crazy.

Picked up:
Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII - new
Shadow Hears: Convenant - new
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne - new, not LE
Stella Deus - used, but absolutely mint

The guy working behind the counter was an ex-coworker (really cool guy) so I found out the availability of a bunch of stuff. He said they still had some new Taiko Drum Masters with drum controller. Donkey Konga 2 without Bongos was in stock, but none with bongos. He said they were out of: Shadow Hearts, DDS1 and DDS2, Makai Kingdom, Shining Tears, Suikoden III, Culducept and Tsugunai.

I might go to another GameCrazy in about half an hour, anyone want anything rare? I can look it up for you.

Also, anyone can do Karaoke Revolution, for XBox, or Trapt Time Crisis 3, prefer new? Or I can buy straight off, if not trading. PM me. Thanks.

I'm wondering how Gamecrazy even stays in business. From what I understand there isn't big profit in new games and they turn around and sell games like Makai Kingdom $10 under the recent price drop? Selling Dragon Quest for $30 as a gimmick to get people in the store to buy more but they have to be taking a loss just like Makai Kingdom for $20 is a loss. Trapt for $20 has to be a pretty big loss too.

And then they take somewhat hard to find games like Nocturne, Disgaea, Wizardry, etc. that SOMEONE would eventually take for a higher price and crush their value. Gamestop recently was still giving $20 trade-in credit for Disgaea and I'm sure DDS is worth something too, if Gamecrazy will match that trade-in value how can they stay in business? Give $20 credit and turn around and sell it for less used?

Thank you a million times over, FFMooglestar! :)

I was so happy to finally find Ys: The Ark of Napishtim today.

All together I picked up:
Aliens Versus Predator: Extinction (Xbox)
Psychonauts (Xbox)
Shining Tears
Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim :D
Time Crisis 3 w/ gun

All were sealed except Time Crisis 3, which was mint and complete.

Plus I grabbed an extra copy of Ys: The Ark of Napishtim to trade.

[quote name='zerolens']I'm wondering how Gamecrazy even stays in business. From what I understand there isn't big profit in new games and they turn around and sell games like Makai Kingdom $10 under the recent price drop? Selling Dragon Quest for $30 as a gimmick to get people in the store to buy more but they have to be taking a loss just like Makai Kingdom for $20 is a loss. Trapt for $20 has to be a pretty big loss too.

And then they take somewhat hard to find games like Nocturne, Disgaea, Wizardry, etc. that SOMEONE would eventually take for a higher price and crush their value. Gamestop recently was still giving $20 trade-in credit for Disgaea and I'm sure DDS is worth something too, if Gamecrazy will match that trade-in value how can they stay in business? Give $20 credit and turn around and sell it for less used?[/QUOTE]

Well I mean they give $x.xx for a game, it's imaginary money, they make a 100% profit off of used games and the fact that they'll match any other company's trade-in prices doesn't hurt.

managed to snag 2 taiko drums @ my GC for 17.99 each. 1 for me and 1 for my friend. Thx OP for letting me know about this deal.

[quote name='Scorch']Well I mean they give $x.xx for a game, it's imaginary money, they make a 100% profit off of used games and the fact that they'll match any other company's trade-in prices doesn't hurt.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's store credit but you're still walking out with something they had to pay for. Get $20 credit and use it on a new game that costs $20 all they did was swap games. They still have to sell that game you just gave them to come out ahead. Same way when using the credit on a used game. They gotta pay the bills and employees, etc. They can't just swap games around or make only a couple of bucks off a game or worse take a loss.

What they're doing though is killing the used game value on games that still have some value. Games like Nocturne and Disgaea could easily hold their ground at $30 used, but instead they go even cheaper. Their normal trade-in values will suffer so either they'll see less used games traded-in (where they make good profit) or people will price-match the trade-in value with Gamestop, Bestbuy, or wherever and it'll go back on the shelf for that low price.

Sure Wizardry isn't a high in demand game but it's not exactly common either. I used Gamestop's search at a 100 mile radius and only one store had a copy. Picked up at $22.50 (got 10% more off with card). At a $25 price I'm sure the game is worth at least $6 or so. Gamecrazy sells it for $8 apparently now. Who's going to trade it in for a couple of bucks?

So instead of cashing in at $25 for Wizardry like Gamestop does or gets $40 for Disgaea and Nocturne, they sell it for less than $20. Great for us but how long can they really keep that up?

I went back for round 2 and got: :booty:

Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos (NEW)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Bongos (NEW)
Vampire Nights (no gun) NEW
Time Crisis 3 with gun (used) :twoguns:
Klonoa 2 (near mint) 17.99

I actually played 2 player co-op with 2 bongos and had a blast.

I bought the games for my 11 year old nephew but I ended up playing for 3 hours.

[quote name='chunlirocks']I went back for round 2 and got: :booty:

Donkey Konga 2 with Bongos (NEW)
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat with Bongos (NEW)
Vampire Nights (no gun) NEW
Time Crisis 3 with gun (used) :twoguns:
Klonoa 2 (near mint) 17.99

I actually played 2 player co-op with 2 bongos and had a blast.

I bought the games for my 11 year old nephew but I ended up playing for 3 hours.[/QUOTE]

Wow, Vampire Nights. Care to trade?:D

Well, I actually did not go to GameCrazy like I planned to, so did not find anything new or whatever. Good thing no one requested me to look for some games.

While working today I picked up:

Used:
.dot hack // Infection (Part 1) $9.59 After Employee Discount
Time Crisis 2 (No Gun) $6.39 After Employee Discount

I also noticed we've got Sealed Copies of RPG Maker 2 at my store if anyone is looking for that.

Does anyone know the return policy for lets say Gamestop or EB games. If I bought some new games at Game Crazy then tried to return them at Gamestop, claiming that I just got the games as a gift, would they give me the full new retail price back as credit? I know some of the games mentioned by other people so far like Stella Deus, Atelier Iris, etc. (mainly Atlus games) still sell for 30-50 bucks new at Gamestop...is this a stupid sounding idea, or am I just being shady....hmmm

[quote name='dvzman']Does anyone know the return policy for lets say Gamestop or EB games. If I bought some new games at Game Crazy then tried to return them at Gamestop, claiming that I just got the games as a gift, would they give me the full new retail price back as credit? I know some of the games mentioned by other people so far like Stella Deus, Atelier Iris, etc. (mainly Atlus games) still sell for 30-50 bucks new at Gamestop...is this a stupid sounding idea, or am I just being shady....hmmm[/QUOTE]

Nope, that method would not work, as you would need the receipt as proof of purchase.

yeah i know its kindy shady, its just that some game stores, depending on who is working that day, tend to be more lenient...i know in the past i've returned games at ebgames and gamestops w/o actually having bought the games there....like i said this was in the past, i'm sure maybe now all the game stores has become wiser....from my experience, usually a receipt is required if you want to get your money back, but if you just ask for store credit they tend to be more lenient....blah i'm too old for this....i have even gone to any GC's yet, gonna go tomorrow morning...but i'm sure all you bastards that live in the los angeles area have cleaned them out by now....sigh

[quote name='zerolens']

Sure Wizardry isn't a high in demand game but it's not exactly common either. I used Gamestop's search at a 100 mile radius and only one store had a copy. Picked up at $22.50 (got 10% more off with card). At a $25 price I'm sure the game is worth at least $6 or so. Gamecrazy sells it for $8 apparently now. Who's going to trade it in for a couple of bucks?

So instead of cashing in at $25 for Wizardry like Gamestop does or gets $40 for Disgaea and Nocturne, they sell it for less than $20. Great for us but how long can they really keep that up?[/QUOTE]

On a side note, in my personal experience and from what I've seen around my local area, Wizardry has to be the rarest Atlus game as I've yet seen a copy around. BTW most copies of Wizardry, used but complete, I've seen going for a good 30-40 bucks. New ones probably about at least 10 bucks more...

Isn't it obvious though, they make their money off of scamming MVP accounts! Hehe, j/k, but I couldn't help but laugh overhearing two GC employees discuss about how bad their co-workers are about scamming people in the MVP program and the methods they use to do so, funny.

Bought:

Taiko x 2 (one for me, one for a friend)
Eyetoy Antigrav (for friend)
Gunstar Super Heroes (for friend)
Digital Devil Saga 1 Deluxe x2 (one for me, one for friend)
Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends
Stella Deus
Makai Kingdom
Alien Hominid (for friend)
Virtual On Marz (for friend)
Skies of Arcadia Legends (used) (for friend)
Karaoke Revolution 3 Bundle (PS2)
Serious Sam 2 (for friend)

And probably a few more I'm forgetting.

I picked up 2 Taiko complete with drums. Anyone with a Gun Recon game willing to trade?

I understand I am kind of new here, I do have a reputable ebay rating (>300 positive) in case you are in doubt.

Thanks.

Ended up scoring the following today:

Time Crisis 3 w/ gun con
Vampire Nights disc only
Ninja Assault disc only
Makai Kingdom complete (took about 10 minutes to find the case)
Taiko Drum Master complete
Atelier Iris (my bro got this)

Passed a few things up, but may head back over on the weekend and pick them up. Only things I didn't see that I was looking for were:

Stella Deus
Fatal Frame (xbox)

I went and it kind of sucked for me. Only found Trapt and that's it. They said that some asshole came in and decimated the place. Bought all the Metal Slugs, Bought all the Taikos, etc. :(

bread's done
Back