GameCrazy SEGA Sale - Condemned $35, Sega Tennis $30, Viking $35, HoD2/3 $20 + Others

foxhunt99

CAGiversary!
Gamecrazy is selling new condemned 2 for 34.99. Not sure how long it will last.

LinkinPrime Edit:
[quote name='Scorch']Alright, here's the deal. I thought this was an April Fool's joke, apparently not. This is indeed a "Sega Sale". Here's the full list.. new/used prices

DS
Mario and Sonic Olympic 24.99/19.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 19.99/??.??

PS3
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Sega Superstar Tennis 29.99/19.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

Wii
House of the Dead 2/3 19.99/34.99 (expect the used to change to 14.99)
Mario and Sonic Olympic 29.99/19.99

X360
Condemned 2 34.99/29.99
Viking 34.99/29.99

These sale prices are "for the next few weeks", according to the memo. Trade-in prices have already been brought down, as Condemned and Sega Superstar Tennis both trade in at $17.xx. This is not YMMV, all stores have these prices in their POS as of this morning. Even if it says the wrong price on the wall, it will ring up as the sale price.

Yet the only fucking Sega game I want isn't on sale.. The Club. BAH!

Can a mod change the topic title to "GameCrazy Sega Sale" and update the OP with my information?

Good luck on getting Viking -- most stores were sent 2-3 copies. Same with Sega Superstar Tennis. Condemned 2 shouldn't be too terribly hard to get ahold of, though.

//edit: Also, all stores should have the MGS4 beta keys now.[/quote]

These game are used, right? Never shopped with GameCrazy, but nonetheless, am going to pick up a copy of Condemned 2 for that price. Was going to pick it up for $60, but $35 is a good price, be it new or used.

EDIT: Just reread OP, so they are new. DEF gonna pick up Condemned, and if I still have money left over, House of the dead 2/3 at the $20 price tag.

THANKS OP!

YaY, Hooray for cheapassgamer! I picked Condemned 2 and House of the Dead 2/3 for $35 & $20. Btw, I took the last ones at the Serromonte location in Daly City CA.

How is Viking? I know on Gamerankings it has a 70%.

Can anyone give me a quick idea of another game it is similar to?

[quote name='silliemutafuka']What the heck. I just came back from mine and they didn't have any of these on sale.

=(

I guess I'll go again sometime next week.[/QUOTE]

Did you have the clerk ring them up?

Anyone know what the good trade-in games are (value wise) to go along with this deal?

Also for those that work at a GC, what effect does matching a high TIV from another store (say Blockbuster...) have on a store's numbers? For the most part I've figured that it can't really be a positive imact, say when the Blockbuster TIV is nearly 4x what GC is giving (~$5 vs ~$19).

Of course all this was moot this morning because the employees this morning when I went by to try and pick up Condemned 2 claimed not to know anything about about matching values. The only thing they could offer is that I come back in 5 hours when their manager came into work and talk to him, which considering that it's about a 20 minute detour to get out there it kind-of pissed me off. Has something changed since last month? Or were these guys just clueless?

[quote name='Bazz']Wow, that is cheap I need to find a gamerush I am yet to visit one.[/quote]

It's at GameCrazy. ;)

Wasn't Sega Superstar Tennis just released? Is it selling so poorly that they've already had to put it on-sale?

I picked up the only copy of Condemned 2 at the Lincolnton, NC Gamecrazy. The clerk was insisting that the price was $59.99 and was not happy when I asked him to please double check. They also had one copy of Viking which I did not pick up since I have the game already. I would recommend Viking to anyone who enjoys Hack n Slash, it is a fun game

[quote name='silliemutafuka']What the heck. I just came back from mine and they didn't have any of these on sale.

=(

I guess I'll go again sometime next week.[/quote]

I keep telling you people.. have them scan it.. the prices are active regardless of what it says on the wall.

Also for those that work at a GC, what effect does matching a high TIV from another store (say Blockbuster...) have on a store's numbers? For the most part I've figured that it can't really be a positive imact, say when the Blockbuster TIV is nearly 4x what GC is giving (~$5 vs ~$19).

Of course all this was moot this morning because the employees this morning when I went by to try and pick up Condemned 2 claimed not to know anything about about matching values. The only thing they could offer is that I come back in 5 hours when their manager came into work and talk to him, which considering that it's about a 20 minute detour to get out there it kind-of pissed me off. Has something changed since last month? Or were these guys just clueless?

Just clueless. There's some games that we can't match TIV for.. for example, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on XBox. GS gives $26, we give like $12. We couldn't trade match the $26 because we sell it for $29.99 used. Other than that, yes, GC trade matches. I really wish some stores hired more knowledgeable employees, though.

[quote name='alongx']Shit son, there is a Game Crazy right by my house now. Maybe I should get HOTD 2+3. No wait, still not worth it.[/quote]

I thought it was fun and well worth the $20 price tag

My local store was sold out of Condemned 2, although they did have Sega Superstar Tennis and Viking. :cry:

Hopefully they'll get more copies in before this sale ends.

[quote name='bombtom15']is this deal at hollywood video also or just at gamecrazy? i dont have any gamecrazy near me so i was wondering.[/quote]

Can anyone answer this?

I am looking for Viking for the 360 used
I can offer

New
Tony Hawk Proving Ground
or
bioshock
or paypal take your pick any help would be appreciated

[quote name='jkanownik']Can anyone answer this?[/quote]

GameCrazy.

The official paperwork said, and I quote, "These are special price events we received from Sega for the next few weeks. These prices are valid while supplies last."

Take it for what it's worth. I'd say two weeks at least.

[quote name='JDUB X']Cannot find a used Sega Tennis in my area, only new

oh well[/quote]

I might have to jump on that for the $20 price tag. Damn GC is becoming one of my new favorites.

I got lucky - bought all three X360 games. I think those were the last ones, because they had to take them from the display rather than the shelf.

These game are used, right? Never shopped with GameCrazy, but nonetheless, am going to pick up a copy of Condemned 2 for that price. Was going to pick it up for $60, but $35 is a good price, be it new or used.

EDIT: Just reread OP, so they are new. DEF gonna pick up Condemned, and if I still have money left over, House of the dead 2/3 at the $20 price tag.

THANKS OP!

YaY, Hooray for cheapassgamer! I picked Condemned 2 and House of the Dead 2/3 for $35 & $20. Btw, I took the last ones at the Serromonte location in Daly City CA.

How is Viking? I know on Gamerankings it has a 70%.

Can anyone give me a quick idea of another game it is similar to?

=(

I guess I'll go again sometime next week.[/QUOTE]

Did you have the clerk ring them up?

Anyone know what the good trade-in games are (value wise) to go along with this deal?

[quote name='Bazz']Wow, that is cheap I need to find a gamerush I am yet to visit one.[/quote]

It's at GameCrazy. ;)

Wasn't Sega Superstar Tennis just released? Is it selling so poorly that they've already had to put it on-sale?

I picked up the only copy of Condemned 2 at the Lincolnton, NC Gamecrazy. The clerk was insisting that the price was $59.99 and was not happy when I asked him to please double check. They also had one copy of Viking which I did not pick up since I have the game already. I would recommend Viking to anyone who enjoys Hack n Slash, it is a fun game

=(

I guess I'll go again sometime next week.[/quote]

I keep telling you people.. have them scan it.. the prices are active regardless of what it says on the wall.

Just clueless. There's some games that we can't match TIV for.. for example, Marvel vs. Capcom 2 on XBox. GS gives $26, we give like $12. We couldn't trade match the $26 because we sell it for $29.99 used. Other than that, yes, GC trade matches. I really wish some stores hired more knowledgeable employees, though.

[quote name='alongx']Shit son, there is a Game Crazy right by my house now. Maybe I should get HOTD 2+3. No wait, still not worth it.[/quote]

I thought it was fun and well worth the $20 price tag

My local store was sold out of Condemned 2, although they did have Sega Superstar Tennis and Viking. :cry:

Hopefully they'll get more copies in before this sale ends.

[quote name='bombtom15']is this deal at hollywood video also or just at gamecrazy? i dont have any gamecrazy near me so i was wondering.[/quote]

Can anyone answer this?

I am looking for Viking for the 360 used
I can offer

New
Tony Hawk Proving Ground
or
bioshock
or paypal take your pick any help would be appreciated

bread's done
Back