Gamecube component cable at Gamestop $4.99 YMMV

AsherFischell

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I was looking around for gamecube component cables when I accidentally stumbled on the Gamestop page. They are only sold in stores, but you might be able to find a Gamestop or two that have them nearby. Although the chances of finding one probably aren't very good, if you've been looking for a component cable and don't want to pay sixty bucks or more for one off of Ebay, you might as well see if any Gamestops have them and for five bucks, it's totally worth going a bit out of your way.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=32149

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd have to imagine that the "garbage in, garbage out" thinking would apply here. If you're coming from a composite signal, converting to an HDMI signal isn't going to suddenly make it look better. It'd be an alternative if you had no composite inputs to your TV and just had to play GCN on that TV, though.

I bought some s-video cables instead, not sure if it will look as good as on the Wii component cables but it will do for now.

[quote name='ARsignal11']This actually looks like an interesting alternative.

I'd like to know if anyone has any thoughts on this product or if any tech savvy people out there have two cents about this?[/QUOTE]

I think it upscale the image to 1080p

[quote name='GDKN-403']This is honestly just about the only reason left to look for GCN component cables, unless you really don't want a Wii.

The only other reason I can think of is wanting to play 16 player Double Dash or one of the other LAN games in progressive. Of course, for $5 you can't go wrong, if you have a pre-Metroid Prime bundle gamecube.[/QUOTE]

Damn now I need more gc and more friends..

Last edited by a moderator:
It still bothers me to this day that there isn't an adapter/converter that let's you use a Wii component cable on a Gamecube. At the very least by now, I would have hoped a knock-off 3rd party Gamecube cable from China would have been created.

That seems like my only option for a VGA cable for my Dreamcast, importing from China via Ebay.

Can a mod PLEASE move this thread to the graveyard?! I think it's safe to say it's not only dead, but it was decayed beyond recognition.

[quote name='Vinny']Can a mod PLEASE move this thread to the graveyard?! I think it's safe to say it's not only dead, but it was decayed beyond recognition.[/QUOTE]

lol!

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']It still bothers me to this day that there isn't an adapter/converter that let's you use a Wii component cable on a Gamecube. At the very least by now, I would have hoped a knock-off 3rd party Gamecube cable from China would have been created.

That seems like my only option for a VGA cable for my Dreamcast, importing from China via Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Not until they clone Nintendo's digital encoder chip.

Gamecube literally does not generate or output analog component video.

[quote name='MakiManPR']For those still interested in the GC Component Cable. This is the cheapest I've found.

£47.99[/QUOTE]

They are backordered...and they won't get any more I am 100% positive.

bread's done
Back