GameCube Component Cable

JustinPDX

CAG Veteran
Anyone out there have a GameCube digital out to component cable? From what I understand it's got to be the Nintendo one to work for a 480p output. I'd love to get my hands on one.

[quote name='Cheadyp']You can get a non-nintendo one for $11 http://cgi.ebay.com/PS2-XBOX-HDTV-G...ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Or a Nintendo one for $60 http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFICIAL-NINTEN...yZ139969QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/QUOTE]

The gamecube component cables are only made by Nintendo, there are no third party ones. The progressive scan technology is within the cables itself making it proprietary component cables patented by Nintendo. Those third party cables you posted clearly state that the gamecube portion of the wires are strictly A/V and not component.

I'm also looking for one and I'll be making a trip down to an out-of-the-way gamestop to see if they have it. *crosses fingers*

[quote name='muhsheesuh']The gamecube component cables are only made by Nintendo, there are no third party ones. The progressive scan technology is within the cables itself making it proprietary component cables patented by Nintendo. Those third party cables you posted clearly state that the gamecube portion of the wires are strictly A/V and not component.

I'm also looking for one and I'll be making a trip down to an out-of-the-way gamestop to see if they have it. *crosses fingers*[/quote]
use gamestop's search on the web. When i got them and went to pick up the employees said they didn't have them and I said yes you do. Then they looked them up and found them.

I found the gamestop search to be somewhat but not completely accurate. On a past search for SMT nocturne (before the reprint) I went to 3 different stores that said they had it in stock before I found it.

I have a set somewhere sitting somewhere in my house if you'd be interested. It'd take me a while to find them, though--my house is a mess and a half.

[quote name='IceBlueShoes']I'd love some Cube cables.
I regret selling my Cube as their is little on the Wii that gets my attention.
I've had no luck here sadly.:bomb::cry:[/quote]

If you have a Wii, get Wii component cables.

The Wii plays Gamecube games, has Gamecube controller ports, and can play 480p progressive scan GC games at a fraction of the price of GC component cables.

bread's done
Back