Gamecube Controller Extension Cable

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
262 (100%)
Who makes these? Do any come in black? How much do they run? Anyone have any deals on these anywhere?

I once foolishly thought as you. I should just get a cable extender and everything will be better...

But think... If its $25 for the controller, and another 5-10 for the extender? Why not just pay 30 for the wavebird? Its Nirvana... You become one with the gaming universe, not to mention the fact that you don't need to worry about hiding 20 feet of wire.

Nyko makes some as well. They're ok. They do what they were supposed to do. Think I got them on ebay for like 1.99 each. I cant use wavebirds because I built my Gamecube into my computer and the top of the case doesnt let wavebirds fit :: doh ::

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Nyko makes some as well. They're ok. They do what they were supposed to do. Think I got them on ebay for like 1.99 each. I cant use wavebirds because I built my Gamecube into my computer and the top of the case doesnt let wavebirds fit :: doh ::[/quote]

:whistle2:k how do you get the disks in? The controller adapter isnt that big, have you tried one? hehe... You could use the cable extender to attach the wavebird receiver :wink:

If you're looking for a cheap controller to go with a cable extender and a game folder (dunno what that is...) Ross (yeah the dress for less store) has packages of a controller, a cable extender, and a game folder for $10.

I can't say anything about the quality of any part of that deal, but for a 10, it'd probably be worth it.

[quote name='Kayden']I once foolishly thought as you. I should just get a cable extender and everything will be better...

But think... If its $25 for the controller, and another 5-10 for the extender? Why not just pay 30 for the wavebird? Its Nirvana... You become one with the gaming universe, not to mention the fact that you don't need to worry about hiding 20 feet of wire.[/quote]

I have a wavebird....best controller ever. The extension is for my new Black Hori Controller. It is mostly only available in Japan and it is just like a Super Nintendo controller but with all the gamecube buttons. Great for playing GBA games with the Gameboy Player. It looks like this:

hori-digital-controller-black.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the Wavebird doesn't rumble at all ... so how can it be "the best controller ever!!"?

As far as the extension cables go, Gamestop (B&M) usually has them used for around $3.

[quote name='hollowfreak']Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the Wavebird doesn't rumble at all ... so how can it be "the best controller ever!!"?

As far as the extension cables go, Gamestop (B&M) usually has them used for around $3.[/quote]

The rumble feature is sooooo 2001 :roll:

I'll take a wavebird sans-rumble over ANY other controller with rumble.

Rumble is an annoying, worthless feature. The only time it ever added to a game at all it was a forced gimmick. Losing rumble isn't an issue at all, it's a plus!

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Nyko makes some as well. They're ok. They do what they were supposed to do. Think I got them on ebay for like 1.99 each. I cant use wavebirds because I built my Gamecube into my computer and the top of the case doesnt let wavebirds fit :: doh ::[/quote]

:whistle2:k how do you get the disks in? The controller adapter isnt that big, have you tried one? hehe... You could use the cable extender to attach the wavebird receiver :wink:[/quote]

case-mod-008edit-thumb.jpg

case-mod-007edit-thumb.jpg

The top of the wavebird receiver hits the top of the case, which goes lower so it can hold the gamecube in.

Yea, I could try attaching wavebirds at the end of controller extensions, but that would defeat the purpose if your purpose is not to have wires.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Nyko makes some as well. They're ok. They do what they were supposed to do. Think I got them on ebay for like 1.99 each. I cant use wavebirds because I built my Gamecube into my computer and the top of the case doesnt let wavebirds fit :: doh ::[/quote]

:whistle2:k how do you get the disks in? The controller adapter isnt that big, have you tried one? hehe... You could use the cable extender to attach the wavebird receiver :wink:[/quote]

case-mod-008edit-thumb.jpg

case-mod-007edit-thumb.jpg

The top of the wavebird receiver hits the top of the case, which goes lower so it can hold the gamecube in.

Yea, I could try attaching wavebirds at the end of controller extensions, but that would defeat the purpose if your purpose is not to have wires.[/quote]

that's awesome. can you get some bigger pictures, or maybe some close up?

[quote name='munch'][quote name='hollowfreak']Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the Wavebird doesn't rumble at all ... so how can it be "the best controller ever!!"?

As far as the extension cables go, Gamestop (B&M) usually has them used for around $3.[/quote]

The rumble feature is sooooo 2001 :roll:

I'll take a wavebird sans-rumble over ANY other controller with rumble.[/quote]

Don't you mean it was soooo 1997? :roll:
http://www.nintendo.com/gamemini?gameid=m-Game-0000-242
Logitech knows what's up, nintendon't! :joystick:

:shock:

bread's done
Back