Gamecube Logitech Speed Force Wheel with Accessory Kit $9.98 at Amazon/TRU

emperorx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...6487-5221567?v=glance&s=toys&m=A3UN6WX5RRO2AG

I ordered this on a whim, hoping it would be one of the PS2 Logitech wheels because the product description does state it is for PS2. However, when the box arrived today, instead of a PS2 wheel was the Gamecube Logitech Speed Force Wheel with Accessory Kit. I bought this wheel about two years ago, and it is a great wheel for F-Zero GX and Burnout 2.

Do you know if the lap attachment for the wheel is compatible with the PS2 Driving Force Pro wheel from Logitech? I was going to buy one of those for $20 online, but if it comes with this (and is compatible with the DFP), I might as well order it and get a free wheel for my GC out of it.

Whoops just reread your post and saw the PRO.

Don't know about that one I had the original logitech ps2 wheel and have never looked to closely at the PRO wheel to tell if they have the same type of table clamps.

Sorry for the confusion.

Are you sure that it wasn't just a random shipping mistake by Amazon? I searched for the Logitech Speed Force Wheel for Gamecube and it returned Amazon market place prices. I don't mean to doubt you, but ordering and then getting a PS2 version would not work for me since I don't own a PS2. Regardless thanks for the deal.

Well, everything on my invoice matches the product description.
I suppose a shipping error may have been made, but I think the odds are greater
that Toysrus made an error in stating that this is the PS2 wheel.

Wow I just bought Burnout 2 today for the Gamecube and saw I could buy a wheel for it. I hope this is for the Gamecube.

Emporex if you don't want yours then I'm interested. btw, what's the accessory kit?

what the hell is this anyway? It looks like a screwed up listing. There is no UPC, no description, and no title except for "Wheel with accessory kit". It's completely meaningless unless the correct product name is stated. It could be one of several different products and the list price is only 19.99. I hope nobody is expecting to get a logitech force feedback wheel.

For $15 shipped I'll take my chances. Actually I already have the FF wheel, but I never put much use into it because I have nothing convenient to clamp onto. $15 shipped is a good price for even just the lap attachment. Hell, it might cost them about $15 just for shipping. (Probably not, considering I shipped a DDR-type thing Priority with insurance for $15.)

If it turns out to be some random 3rd low quality wheel, I can dump it somewhere/somehow, but payoff is worth the gamble.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

On a tangential note... Microsoft better not make the same mistake as last time and offer true force feedback for the 360. But with what looks like three wheels out now (Mad Catz, Hori, and some other brand that starts with an F, I think) with only rumble at best, I'm getting worried.

trip1eX, if my friends are not interested, then I will PM you.
The accessory kit includes the pedals and the lap attachment.

[quote name='emperorx']The accessory kit includes the pedals and the lap attachment.[/QUOTE]
Heh, I forgot that the wheel didn't come with pedals! When I used mine, I hijacked the pedals from my universal MadCatz wheel. (Worked great)

[quote name='dafunkk12']For $15 shipped I'll take my chances. Actually I already have the FF wheel, but I never put much use into it because I have nothing convenient to clamp onto. $15 shipped is a good price for even just the lap attachment. Hell, it might cost them about $15 just for shipping. (Probably not, considering I shipped a DDR-type thing Priority with insurance for $15.)

If it turns out to be some random 3rd low quality wheel, I can dump it somewhere/somehow, but payoff is worth the gamble.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP!

On a tangential note... Microsoft better not make the same mistake as last time and offer true force feedback for the 360. But with what looks like three wheels out now (Mad Catz, Hori, and some other brand that starts with an F, I think) with only rumble at best, I'm getting worried.[/QUOTE]

When you get it, can you keep us posted? Sounds like a great deal if it comes through. Thanks!

Decided to bite on this deal. $15 shipped for a wheel isn't a bad anyway.

Did just look at the tracking info supplied. The parcel weighs in at 15.6lbs, if that's an indication to anyone.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']When you get it, can you keep us posted? Sounds like a great deal if it comes through. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Sure thing.

I choose the cheap shipping. I got an email that said it already shipped by FedEx Home Delivery, but seems tracking information isn't available yet/at-the-moment.

EDIT: Ooh, estimated delivery on the 20th; that's quick for cheap shipping! Unfortunately I'm pretty much in class all day. Hopefully they leave it at the leasing office instead of coming back the next day for me to sign. Just like OiBoy, my listed package weight is 15.6 lbs. I don't know if that seems right or not, but force feedback wheels are quite hefty.

EDIT 2:Well that might explain the quick delivery... It says the ship date was the 14th...when I only ordered it yesterday, the 16th. Might be a magical voodoo steering wheel.

[quote name='dafunkk12']Sure thing.

I choose the cheap shipping. I got an email that said it already shipped by FedEx Home Delivery, but seems tracking information isn't available yet/at-the-moment.[/QUOTE]

Copy your tracking # and use it at FedEx's website. Should give you the most up-to-date info, package weight, etc.

Well, it just showed up today.

The 15.6 lbs. ship weight wasn't lying. I got the SpeedForce with accessory pack for the Cube. It's the rebranded box (has a sticker stating 'originally 79.99, now 29.99.'

For the wheel itself, it works wonderfully for what I wanted it for (F-Zero). I still haven't had a chance to test it with BurnOut 2.

It's not ideal for me (it's still a bit small for my hands though the lap attachment is a godsend), but until I find a place to put an F-Zero AX cab, it's great.

GX instantly recognized it, and the adds a whole new element to the story race with Goroh.

I'll put it through some paces with Burnout 2 and do some more races with GX and try to update with more info later.

Update: I received my wheel. It includes pedals, laptop attachment and it's for the Gamecube. It works great with Burnout 2. Awesome deal!!!!! I'm going to order another. Thanks OP.

The "accessory pack" should be the pedals...

Thanks for updating everyone. I just ordered, already had the wheel but without the pedals it was kind of annoying to use. I wanted to get the accessory pack but never found a good deal for it. Now I'll have another wheel I have no use for. Oh well. R:Racing Evolution works pretty well with this wheel, too...

Is there a list of games that work with the wheel? I can't seem to find a list of supported games on logitech;s website or on nintendo's.

Well according to a review it works with NFS:HOt Pursuit 2.

edit: it looks like it works with NFS:Most Wanted too.

Just do a search for gamename, gamecube, logitech wheel force speed and you should find something.

Ok here you go. This info is a bit old (not current,) but here's a quote I found from a review of the wheel for the Gamecube.

"The games that currently are compatible with the wheel however are: 4x4 Evolution 2, NASCAR Thunder 2003, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2, Hot Wheels: Velocity X, NASCAR Dirt to Daytona and Pro Rally 2002. And at E3 they were showing off the Speed Force on Mario Kart and F-Zero. I tested the wheel with 4x4 Evo 2, Hot Wheels: Velocity X, NASCAR Dirt to Daytona, and Pro Rally 2002. But when I put in Smuggler's Run 2, a game that would have been really nice to use with it, I got nothing. The buttons didn't even work."

DAm if it doesn't work with MarioKart:DD. I read the above and had to test it. Wow!!! When you bump into another car your wheel shakes even. In my quick tests it worked perfect tho a bit sensitive.

I just ordered the wheel with accessory kit and got it today from Amazon/TRU. It is indeed for gamecube, and includes the pedals. It is also a lot of fun.

FSUddin

I suppose these large packages just ship faster than smaller ones. No package slip in my mailbox, but when I entered my apartment after 10 hours of school I almost tripped of the giant box by the door. Cool, seems one of my roommates was around to accept the package.

Unfortunatly I got one of those King Kong-inspired Hot Wheels playsets with an extra track accessory pack.

Naw, just kidding. :lol: Got the whole Logitech Gamecube wheel bundle. I didn't realize they sold it as an all-in-one package; I was expecting the two seperate boxes.

EDIT: Oh, the two boxes are inside... Nice, that means I can keep one wheel mint and use the one I already have.

anyone else's get delayed? mine said that it was being prepared for shipment and i could not change, but that it was delayed?

I got the delayed email as well, and the order status is "preparing to ship". Maybe they have to send the delay email since they claim 24 hour shipping.

hopefully we don't suddenly get PS2 wheels. ;)

even weirder, ordered an extra one yesterday and it is shipped but the one i ordered on the 16th is still waiting for approval?

That is it. I've run into a problem with this good deal in actually finding a decent game to play with it though...both Mario Kart and FZero play better on the gamepad.

[quote name='tiktok0']That is it. I've run into a problem with this good deal in actually finding a decent game to play with it though...both Mario Kart and FZero play better on the gamepad.[/QUOTE]

Burnout2 is the best game for it that I own. F-Zero works great with it. MK:DD works, but the steering a bit sensitive.

Does anyone have an up to date list of games that work with the wheel? I thought I looked at NFS:U and it didn't mention it but I could've been wrong. Definitely will pick it up (darn, just missed all the 2 for $30 GH sales!). What about NFS:U2?

anyone know where i can get some good and cheap racing games for this wheel? i got a wheel but no games to play with it. :(

any way to convert this to use for xbox?

Found this list:

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,geneva,sans serif]4X4 Evolution 2
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
F-Zero GX
Hot Wheels: Velocity X
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
NASCAR HEAT 2: Dirt to Daytona
NASCAR Thunder 2003
Paris-Dakar Rally 2
Pro Rally
[/FONT]
Then some searching found these should as well, but I can't trust all of them:

Auto Modellista
City Racer
GT Cube 2
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground 2
R: Racing Evolution
V-Rally 3

[quote name='tiktok0']Found this list:

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial,geneva,sans serif]4X4 Evolution 2
Burnout 2: Point of Impact
F-Zero GX
Hot Wheels: Velocity X
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
NASCAR HEAT 2: Dirt to Daytona
NASCAR Thunder 2003
Paris-Dakar Rally 2
Pro Rally
[/FONT]
Then some searching found these should as well, but I can't trust all of them:

Auto Modellista
City Racer
GT Cube 2
Need for Speed: Underground
Need for Speed: Underground 2
R: Racing Evolution
V-Rally 3[/quote] In addition a reviewer claimed that it works with The Simpsons: Hit & Run. The EA website says it works with NFS: U2. I'm very curious about NFS: Most Wanted.

I got my wheel, without pedals, around April 1, from http://www.dealsurprise.com/ince2so474013.html for $15.95 plus shipping (not as good a deal).

Just got mine today, exactly as you described. Thanks OP. Time to fire up my GC that's been sitting for a few months now.

bread's done
Back