Gamedealdaily.com Daily Deal 9/25 - Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

I've been selling video games online for about 4 years now and recently opened up my own website, gamedealdaily.com

A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET.

The site also features a store area that will expand over time.

I've been a member of CAG for about 5 years, so its exciting to be able to offer some good deals of my own. I PM'd CheapyD and he approved my posting of the deals on this board. Following his advice, I will update this thread daily with the new deal for the day.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

Today's deal is for Halo 3 Limited Edition for the Microsoft XBox 360. These games are in like-new condition and come complete with the original tin case, game case, artwork, manual, and game disc. Each game is guaranteed to work perfectly.

2wdvnso.jpg

If you're looking for a cheap XBox 360 system, check this one out for $79.95 + shipping:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1026

THIS XBOX 360 CONSOLE DOES NOT FUNCTION PERFECTLY. PLEASE READ: The first problem occurs when you enter a disc into the system. When you close the door to the system it re-opens. You have to play this game for 3 or 4 tries, and then the disc will stay inside the system. It has never completely refused to accept a disc. The second problem is that the system will not play a few certain games. By not play, I mean that the games will freeze shortly after gameplay begins. I've played about 60 total XBox 360 games on this system and the only ones I've found this problem with are Madden NFL 09, Assassin's Creed, and Perfect Dark Zero. 95% of games work with no problems.

Here is what is included with the system: XBox 360 Core Console (no hard drive), Component HD AV Cable, power cable, ethernet cable, and manuals. Nothing else is included, no power brick, no controller, no headset.

NEW: SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Please visit our buy-back page at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

I've added nearly 600 titles to our database, so be sure to check it out. You may email us for trade-in quotes for items that you do not find on the list. Directions can be found at the top of the page in case you have any questions about the process. Well over half of the titles on the list trade in for more than $10!Thank you for checking out the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drfrielgood']Good questions here.

Regarding return policy, if you contact me within 7 days of receipt because you having issues with your console, you may return it for a replacement or full refund.

Regarding any type of an extended warranty, we currently do not offer these.

As to whether they are registered, I do not know. Do that many people really register their consoles? I'd wager that fewer do than do not.[/quote]

i see, thanks for answering my questions. but are they refurbished though? if they are , i think more ppl would feel better about buying it. means if it did have old hardware it was fixed with the new heat sinks.

[quote name='Hair6a11']What the hell do you people want from the OP. A detailed description of the scratches on the console? Used / Refurbished or whatever these are.

The real question is what his warranty/return policy is.

Your statement that its just a core because its lacking a hard drive is *uninformed* since, you know, the elites have revised hardware. (hdmi wasn't included in any core) Get a clue people.[/quote]

Wow man - calm down. You don't need to go beserk over people asking the OP about the conditions of the console. They have the right to do so. It's their money/investment - not yours.

And you're wrong. Even by your poor definition - a 360 elite without a harddrive IS essentially a core. Early versions of the elite did not come with the new chips nor the 2nd heatsink. There's no guarantee that these elites will have either. And it's not like it was only the elites that got the new hardware revisions. All new cores have them as well.

In my opinion you're hurting the OP more than helping him by derailing the thread by attacking those asking him questions about the product he is trying to sell. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='lovemetal626']i see, thanks for answering my questions. but are they refurbished though? if they are , i think more ppl would feel better about buying it. means if it did have old hardware it was fixed with the new heat sinks.[/QUOTE]

I believe that these are refurbished. My supplier buys refurbished consoles, then cleans them up and makes sure they work before they're sent to me.

As to whether they are registered, I do not know. Do that many people really register their consoles? I'd wager that fewer do than do not.

Considering the high failure rate of the 360, I would suspect that a lot of folks registered their consoles.

dang i would jump on this , but damn xbox and there dang failure rates. its just so risky

if there was a way to see if MS still offer the 3 year warrenty that would be great, but i dont think we can do that.

[quote name='pak_man7']Wow man - calm down. You don't need to go beserk over people asking the OP about the conditions of the console. They have the right to do so. It's their money/investment - not yours.

And you're wrong. Even by your poor definition - a 360 elite without a harddrive IS essentially a core. Early versions of the elite did not come with the new chips nor the 2nd heatsink. There's no guarantee that these elites will have either. And it's not like it was only the elites that got the new hardware revisions. All new cores have them as well.

In my opinion you're hurting the OP more than helping him by derailing the thread by attacking those asking him questions about the product he is trying to sell. Just my 2 cents.[/quote]

I totally agree... Hair6a11, I think you need to a little more research before you point out the stupidity of someone else. Now, me thinkin you look pretty stupid right now.

Anyways, since these consoles are refurbs, it might not be too bad of a buy for myself, since I would much prefer the black one over my whitish one. And I already have a hard drive.

This still seems like a decent deal. GameStop wants $200 for a refurbished Core. If you can find a good deal on a hard drive, you'll be walking off with an Elite for a lot cheap than its $450 price tag.

If I hadn't ordered the Gun Metal PS3 bundle I'd jump on this. I have a pre-HDMI premium that I'd like to get swapped out for one WITH HDMI.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I just got off the phone with my supplier and these systems are indeed refurbs. Thanks to those of you who have made orders today.[/quote]

sorry to bug you again, i was just wondering if you could call him again and confirm if anything does happen to the system, are we covered by Microsoft still?

usually factory refurbs are still covered by it, but i just want some confirmation, thank you so much for your time and everything,

if its confirmed il buy it now. :lol:

[quote name='lovemetal626']sorry to bug you again, i was just wondering if you could call him again and confirm if anything does happen to the system, are we covered by Microsoft still?

usually factory refurbs are still covered by it, but i just want some confirmation, thank you so much for your time and everything,

if its confirmed il buy it now. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I gave him a call to get an answer to your question, but he says he has no clue if they are still covered by Microsoft. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer!

[quote name='drfrielgood']I gave him a call to get an answer to your question, but he says he has no clue if they are still covered by Microsoft. Sorry, I wish I had a better answer![/quote]

its ok, thanks for trying.

this looks good but my only concern is that some of these xbox360 may be modded and banned by MS? can you confirm? $200 for a black core is pretty good. and i have a black 360 controller to boot!

[quote name='Hair6a11']Its an elite, what the hell do you want really. You're making it sound like its a core.[/quote]

no offense to drfielgood, he runs great deals, but dude, it basically IS a black core system. The only difference is the HDMI out. It doesn't come with the HDD and is missing some of the cables. The guy you're criticizing wasn't too far off.

I'm not convinced the elite is a good deal under those circumstances, so I choose not to purchase it. For people who consider it a good deal, or want to ask more questions to feel better about the potential purchase, THEY SHOULD! It's their money, not yours.

Bought a 120gb HD off Ebay for 115$ shipped (using buy it now) the other day. Have seen them less than that on occasion, but this is a great deal if you can pick up a HD for around 150, you're still saving 100$ on the console! : )

Okay, now I have a few questions... I am VERY tempted to sell my old 360 and purchase this one.

1) I saw this on Wikipedia... (along with various rumors amongst forums across the net):

"Since these problems surfaced, design modifications have been made to the console to improve reliability. All consoles manufactured after June 2007 have extensive revisions from the earliest units. Modifications include a reduction in the number, size and placement of components, and the addition of dabs of epoxy on the corners and edges of the CPU and GPU, as glue to prevent movement relative to the board during heat expansion,[119] and a second GPU heatsink to dissipate more heat."

The Elite was released in August 2007. So, this means the Elite is less prone to overheating (causing the Red Ring of Death, etc.), right? Anyone have an opinion on this, or have an Elite that broke down?

2) Besides having HDMI, I heard that the Elite is quieter in some circumstances than the typical xbox 360. I also saw a youtube video showing this fact. Can anyone confirm?

3) Are there other advantages to having an Elite other than what I mentioned?

Thanks to anyone who helps.

My friend just got a brand new Elite from Fry's and it's already having problems. It won't read his RSV2 disk that much. Funny thing is there's no scratches on it except for the very perimeter of the disk where as his NHL08 disk is all fed up but plays fine. Take what you will, this is what I've experienced so far. I suppose yes, it is quieter too.

Another quick note, I bought a console on ebay once and it gave me the RROD. Since at the time not a single xbox 360 could be 3 years old, Microsoft replaced it for me, no proof of the date of purchase required. Cost me absolutely nothing, it was one of the most painless things I have ever done.

Since the Elite wasn't manufactured until after June 2007, none of them are three years old, so I am sure that Microsoft will replace it for you. All you have to send them is the machine (they send you a box in the mail so its free shipping), and that is all.

[quote name='VipFREAK']My friend just got a brand new Elite from Fry's and it's already having problems. It won't read his RSV2 disk that much. Funny thing is there's no scratches on it except for the very perimeter of the disk where as his NHL08 disk is all fed up but plays fine. Take what you will, this is what I've experienced so far. I suppose yes, it is quieter too.[/quote]

I had a weird problem like that too with my current xbox. I had two guitar hero 3 discs, both completely spotless. One played fine, the other did not play at all. I'm not sure what the problem is.

[quote name='InFlames215']I had a weird problem like that too with my current xbox. I had two guitar hero 3 discs, both completely spotless. One played fine, the other did not play at all. I'm not sure what the problem is.[/quote]

That's the amazing thing M$ crap is able to do, it's all random so you won't be able to figure out why it's happening... you just accept it. Hell, I still haven't figured out why my 360 freezes randomly EVERYWHERE.

All I can say is if you're gonna get a 360 make sure you GET THE fuckING WARRANTY PLAN!

[quote name='bearcatjosh']There's nothing on the front page of the site right now. Does that mean it sold out?[/quote]

There is nothing on the front page. However, if you click on the Xbox 360 section and search for it, it is there.

Hey drfielgood, one more question about your xbox 360 elite. Do you know the manufacturer's date on any of these, and do they have the FALCON chip?

[quote name='InFlames215']Hey drfielgood, one more question about your xbox 360 elite. Do you know the manufacturer's date on any of these, and do they have the FALCON chip?[/QUOTE]

Is the manufacturer's date on the console itself? Can you use this date to identify the chipset inside the console?

[quote name='drfrielgood']Is the manufacturer's date on the console itself? Can you use this date to identify the chipset inside the console?[/quote]

It is the MFR date on the back, and yes, if I knew the manufacturer's date, I would be able to say what chipset it is. What I am looking for is an MFR date of late September 2007 or after.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Dumb question - sorry. How do you recharge the battery?

Thanks,
Matthew[/quote]

You use the play and charge cable. It is available for $4.95 on his website.

err sorry to say this but why are you selling a USED wii for 260 that doesnt come with wii sports? I can get a brand new one for 250 and it comes with wii sports and its 10 dollers less...

Can you explain this to me? Is it because of tax? 8 dollers more will get you a new console and wii sports.

Again i dont mean to nitpick but other than that your OTHER deals are not that bad but this one seems a little odd..

[quote name='sistem_shock']err sorry to say this but why are you selling a USED wii for 260 that doesnt come with wii sports? I can get a brand new one for 250 and it comes with wii sports and its 10 dollers less...

Can you explain this to me? Is it because of tax? 8 dollers more will get you a new console and wii sports.

Again i dont mean to nitpick but other than that your OTHER deals are not that bad but this one seems a little odd..[/quote]

Umm... Wii's are still pretty hard to get. They go on my local Craigslist for $280 and up, and ebay is even worse.

[quote name='InFlames215']Umm... Wii's are still pretty hard to get. They go on my local Craigslist for $280 and up, and ebay is even worse.[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head. Finding a Wii in a lot of places is still hit or miss.

[quote name='BotTaaMan']any chance of rock band special edition coming soon? lol[/QUOTE]

Not likely, it'd just cost wayyyy too much to ship.

[quote name='drfrielgood']Updated with today's deal for the Silver Dual Shock 2 PS2 controllers.[/quote]

Then why am I seeing an X-Box controller?

[quote name='grifter_mcgraw']Then why am I seeing an X-Box controller?[/QUOTE]

The Silver PS2 controllers sold out, and the 360 controllers were the back-up Daily Deal.

I'm interested in several games on your site. When you say "new", does that mean factory sealed or never used or otherwise? I saw the Forza 2 is new without the original case.

[quote name='allen9917']I'm interested in several games on your site. When you say "new", does that mean factory sealed or never used or otherwise? I saw the Forza 2 is new without the original case.[/QUOTE]

All games that say "new" are factory sealed unless otherwise stated in the item description. Thanks for checking out the site!

man i was goign through some of your ps2 games some of those prices are really high i think you need to update them man. not critizing ya just saying maybe who ever did that section screw up the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back