Gamedealdaily.com Daily Deal 9/25 - Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfrielgood

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (88%)
www.gamedealdaily.com

I've been selling video games online for about 4 years now and recently opened up my own website, gamedealdaily.com

A new deal will be posted every day, seven days a week, at noon ET.

The site also features a store area that will expand over time.

I've been a member of CAG for about 5 years, so its exciting to be able to offer some good deals of my own. I PM'd CheapyD and he approved my posting of the deals on this board. Following his advice, I will update this thread daily with the new deal for the day.

LINK: www.gamedealdaily.com

Today's Deal: Halo 3 Limited Edition (XBox 360) - $29.95

Today's deal is for Halo 3 Limited Edition for the Microsoft XBox 360. These games are in like-new condition and come complete with the original tin case, game case, artwork, manual, and game disc. Each game is guaranteed to work perfectly.

2wdvnso.jpg

If you're looking for a cheap XBox 360 system, check this one out for $79.95 + shipping:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1026

THIS XBOX 360 CONSOLE DOES NOT FUNCTION PERFECTLY. PLEASE READ: The first problem occurs when you enter a disc into the system. When you close the door to the system it re-opens. You have to play this game for 3 or 4 tries, and then the disc will stay inside the system. It has never completely refused to accept a disc. The second problem is that the system will not play a few certain games. By not play, I mean that the games will freeze shortly after gameplay begins. I've played about 60 total XBox 360 games on this system and the only ones I've found this problem with are Madden NFL 09, Assassin's Creed, and Perfect Dark Zero. 95% of games work with no problems.

Here is what is included with the system: XBox 360 Core Console (no hard drive), Component HD AV Cable, power cable, ethernet cable, and manuals. Nothing else is included, no power brick, no controller, no headset.

NEW: SELL US YOUR GAMES!

Please visit our buy-back page at:

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/wanted.php

I've added nearly 600 titles to our database, so be sure to check it out. You may email us for trade-in quotes for items that you do not find on the list. Directions can be found at the top of the page in case you have any questions about the process. Well over half of the titles on the list trade in for more than $10!Thank you for checking out the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Unassuming Local Guy']Regarding the 12-month cards. Can you just PM the codes instead of shipping?[/QUOTE]

I used to email codes, then I had a few buyers file Paypal disputes claiming they never received their code. Since I had no postal tracking information I lost the disputes and the scammers got to keep their money and codes. Needless to say, I no longer email codes!

Question real fast, if I make a money order say anywhere I was wondering to purchase something from your online store how would I provide you with the money order. Can you just mail the money order or is there a process. I would be a first time buyer on online stuff so I don't really have google checks or paypal so just wondering because I have no clue whatsoever. Heh, I was also going to suggest just putting cash in the envelope and send it to you but I know you're not supposed to do that, lol

[quote name='drfrielgood']I used to email codes, then I had a few buyers file Paypal disputes claiming they never received their code. Since I had no postal tracking information I lost the disputes and the scammers got to keep their money and codes. Needless to say, I no longer email codes![/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear. I was hoping for some Saturday afternoon Robotron. Still a great deal.

(If you change your mind - I did pay with Google Checkout instead of PayPal... and um... I'm a reputable CAG? :whistle2:|)

in for one. thanks drfrielgood!

i felt like $30 for robotron was an AMAZING deal, and the 12 month xbox live toss-in is a good marketing tactic. =)

just kidding...the $30 year of live is an amazing deal!!

12 Month cards are now sold out, we had pretty high quantity on those too!

The 3 Month cards are now up, with the Robotron bonus still in effect. We have much fewer of the 3-month cards than the 12-month cards.

I'm out for the rest of the day, but if the 3-month cards sell out we'll have a good deal for Forza 2 up next.

Thanks for the orders everyone!

[quote name='hhhdx4']must people continuously bitch?[/quote]

Considering drfeilgood is trying to make money, OUR money, to be exact, yes, I believe we have a right to bitch. And I'm pretty sure drfeilgood wants to hear it too, as the happier we are, the more money he makes.

The cost of shipping a mere card makes this deal cost more than buying it for full retail price. Pity anyone buying this one. This is supposed to be a game deal board, not a "pay more than retail" board.

[quote name='hhhdx4']must people continuously bitch?[/quote]

Yes, yes, they must. It's the only thing they have left. Let them go.

[quote name='vaca']The cost of shipping a mere card makes this deal cost more than buying it for full retail price. Pity anyone buying this one. This is supposed to be a game deal board, not a "pay more than retail" board.[/quote]

How is this more than retail? A 3-Month XBL Gold sub retails for $20, and you're getting a $5 XBL game thrown-in.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']How is this more than retail? A 3-Month XBL Gold sub retails for $20, and you're getting a $5 XBL game thrown-in.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If you're going to complain, as least know the facts.

I understand people's gripe about the shipping costs, and it is something you have addressed numerous times in this thread. Personally, I really don't care, and I know others feel the same way. To me and those others that I speak of, when it is all said and done, all that matters is...am I getting a good deal?

$15 shipped for this is a good deal, in my opinion. I am subscribed to Gold until like 2010, and I already have Robotron. If that weren't case, I might be interested, because the total price is still $10 less than retail. If drfrieldgood was selling for $1 with $14 shipping, it would still be a good deal. It's all about the total price, and if you think it's a good deal.

First off, thanks for the orders yesterday! In terms of number of orders, yesterday was the best day that we've had thus far.

Today's deal is for Forza 2 for the XBox 360 and the OP has been updated. We also have 11 of the 3-month subscription + Robotron deals available, so I included that in the OP as well.

The Forza deal begins at noon Eastern, as usual.

[quote name='tianxia']You should put the "y" back in the "Dail Deal" in the title. It's been bugging me for no real reason.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up, just fixed it!

[quote name='fatez']how is the condition of the 360 racing wheel and 360 controllers? :)[/QUOTE]

The 360 controllers are in great shape, I check them out before I mail them. Unfortunately, we are currently sold out of the racing wheels.

[quote name='Rouzhokuu']Nice effort, man, but shipping kills the deal.[/quote]
Yeah, there's no logical explanation for such high shipping on something that could probably fit in a standard letter envelope.

[quote name='Pureshooter']I'm getting a login and password requirement for the first link posted to the Robotron/Uno deal...[/QUOTE]

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='ericseat']Yeah, there's no logical explanation for such high shipping on something that could probably fit in a standard letter envelope.[/QUOTE]

The minimum shipping cost for an order made on the site is $4.99. When I opened the website months ago I chose this amount. If I were to lower the base shipping cost to $1.99, I would raise the price on the Uno/Robotron deal to $3.95. There's no difference.

You guys are right. First class, he could probably ship it for under two dollars, but after factoring in matierial costs and the "handling" costs (Whatever amount of money that is comparable to the amount of time he took to ready the package for shipping) he could probably only cut shipping costs by two dollars.

DrfrielGood is running the business just like any other business is run, (except for the big retailers) making sure that his shipping costs at cost or higher so that he can offer attractive pricing that gets people to visit his site in the first place. Nothing wrong with that.

[quote name='ericseat']Yeah, there's no logical explanation for such high shipping on something that could probably fit in a standard letter envelope.[/quote]
Agreed. A dollar or so would be nice, as it would cover the envelope and a stamp, but $5 shipping is ridiculous in this case.

I'm just stating an opinion here, as your business practices are fine.

For me, however, when I see one of your cheap deals, I head to checkout to see the total price. When i see the shipping, it usually say "Well, shipping is pretty high.... oh well." and don't buy the item. I've done this 3-4 times. If the price were included with the shipping (Such as just charged 5 bucks for this item, and sending it free) I may have ordered it. Even if the money goes to the same place, it makes some people feel much better about a purchase when you pay 5 dollars for an item and get free shipping, rather than 1 dollar for an item with 4-5 dollar shipping.

[quote name='drfrielgood']The minimum shipping cost for an order made on the site is $4.99. When I opened the website months ago I chose this amount. If I were to lower the base shipping cost to $1.99, I would raise the price on the Uno/Robotron deal to $3.95. There's no difference.[/quote]

does that mean you're profiting from the shipping charges? sorta sounds like it.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']You guys are right. First class, he could probably ship it for under two dollars, but after factoring in matierial costs and the "handling" costs (Whatever amount of money that is comparable to the amount of time he took to ready the package for shipping) he could probably only cut shipping costs by two dollars.

DrfrielGood is running the business just like any other business is run, (except for the big retailers) making sure that his shipping costs at cost or higher so that he can offer attractive pricing that gets people to visit his site in the first place. Nothing wrong with that.[/QUOTE]

That would be true but the items in my $70 order (and I was charged something like $15 shipping ) were thrown in a flat rate priority box without any packing. What material and handling costs did he have? Heck the PO will even come to your door and pickup priority packages for free if you so desire.

And as far as a base $4.99 isn't awful but it continues to go up with increased items..ie the three month cards with robotron $4.99 to ship one, $11.97 to ship 3. Maybe he needs to look at weight of the items versus dollar amounts (and he does that on heavier items like racing wheels, dance pads bundles etc.)

In the end you have to look at the whole deal and make the decision for yourself. I know I have closed out of his cart on many occasions. His loss I guess.

[quote name='kklems']And as far as a base $4.99 isn't awful but it continues to go up with increased items..ie the three month cards with robotron $4.99 to ship one, $11.97 to ship 3. Maybe he needs to look at weight of the items versus dollar amounts (and he does that on heavier items like racing wheels, dance pads bundles etc.)
[/QUOTE]
11.97 for three orders of the cards? Okay, maybe there is something up with the shipping...

Each additional item adds $2.99, minimum. This seems to be slightly strange. Even if I consider the relative size of the packaging compared with the size of the shipping boxes and respective rates, the correlation doesn't seem to make sense.

[quote name='allyourblood']does that mean you're profiting from the shipping charges? sorta sounds like it.[/quote]

He's profiting from selling things. He's running a business. As long as no charges are hidden, what is the difference? The deal basically boils down to $6 shipped for two $5 XBL games.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']He's profiting from selling things. He's running a business. As long as no charges are hidden, what is the difference? The deal basically boils down to $6 shipped for two $5 XBL games.[/quote]

that's fine. i was just asking the OP a simple question. i'm not arguing whether or not the final price is a "deal".

by the way, if he's profiting from the price of shipping, i think that counts as a "hidden" charge. don't you?

Honestly, its not a horrid deal, but its game most people have gotten free/came bundled with tons of stuff at some point. I just don't see them counting as $5 games, $2 maybe but yea.

[quote name='JJSP']Don't like the deal, don't buy it.[/quote]

well that goes without saying. or did you mean, "don't like the deal, don't discuss it"?

[quote name='JJSP']Don't like the deal, don't buy it.[/QUOTE]

So if we don't like it we can't discuss it either? If so, seems a bit biased to have a thread where all you do is sing praises instead of throwing a little brimstone when something comes along that you don't agree with.

Honestly, if they want 6 bucks shipped for these, it shoud be 4.00 for the 2 games and 2.00 shipping, I think this deal is a tad on the dishonest side. Also, seems as if it costs over 30.00 to ship 20 cards, since I punched in "10" to see how much it would be.

I'm done discussing my store policies. If you'd like to discuss something you can PM me and we can talk. But I'm done addressing issues only for them to come up again 3 or 4 thread pages from now.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I'm done discussing my store policies. If you'd like to discuss something you can PM me and we can talk. But I'm done addressing issues only for them to come up again 3 or 4 thread pages from now.[/quote]

Again, just giving my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

These things come up every 3 pages... Possibly for a reason? I'm guessing us CaGer's are a pretty big chunk of your business. Listening to our input and changing store policies might actually increase profits, not decrease. I know that I (again) would have made a few purchases were it not for the whole cheap prices high shipping stuff. Saying you are selling a game for .95 cents in the title is misleading when you mark up shipping based on the discounted price of the product, not the method/size/cost of shipping. It's a hidden fee, something that makes many (including myself) feel cheated.

Jacking shipping up later to make your prices seem lower is quite dishonest, imo. I don't know of any other places I shop at that do something similar, it's always based on the size and quantities of the items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back