GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='twistedshabazz']Anyone know if they will be doing restocks throughout the sale? Went to look for portal 2 this morning and it is still oos.[/QUOTE]

well they have been. lego pirates was gone yesterday but i kept checking and they put a few more copies up and i got 1

[quote name='jmbreci']Did you play the original? That's what I was comparing TDU2 to and it (IMHO) was lacking from the word go. I tried, really tried to like the game, but it seemed like I was getting Kathy Bates when I was expecting Kathy Ireland. To me it was a massive letdown after the first game. It was as if they took everything good about the first game and threw it out the window. Hmmmm....sounds like my thoughts on Crackdown 2 as well - only that was at least playable.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way but i gave it a few hours since i bought it to play with a friend. I really got hooked after a night of playing it. The chars and lame voice acting was so hard to get past. When i decided to ignore all story and dumb chars/voices i had a blast. :)

[quote name='jbz']what did the update do?[/QUOTE]

It fixed a lot of issues but made so many new ones... You will often not die and be at 0% health and the person that was shooting at you will be pissed. It happens all the time me having happen to me or someone i am trying to kill has it happen. It seems to be all random and once your health goes up again you can die.

The hit markers for vehicles are broken badly and they mentioned in the next update that will be fixed. It was fine before but they broke it in this update.

Then everyone and there mom is using mav and spawn beacons to get on anything high on the maps...

There is much more but if you played it enough and bright you will spot the stuff over and over and it just ruins the game for all my friends. I wish i could find people that will keep playing it with me but they will not. They all went back to meh mw3... or skyrim or gow3. What a shame i loved this game even with the before patch issues but new issues just makes it to painful to play by myself with it. I went to older games and backlogged bf3 for another few weeks or months until maybe the next fix makes it more playable and less glitches people are taking adv of.

I'm on the fence about CoJ: the cartel. The reviews on it are mediocre, but it still seems like half-way decent mindless shooter with some fun value to it. So is it worth $8, or should I wait for it to maybe drop another few $, or just avoid it completely?

[quote name='purplepanda']Damn had Alice in my cart and it went out of stock before I checked out. Any chance that GF will restock it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, games come in and out of stock ... I got Alice yesterday ... but if I were you, and this is what I'm likely to do, just sign up for a free trial and then buy the games that way using the "keep" option. No point in wasting time looking for the game to come up again ... just do that.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']It fixed a lot of issues but made so many new ones... You will often not die and be at 0% health and the person that was shooting at you will be pissed. It happens all the time me having happen to me or someone i am trying to kill has it happen. It seems to be all random and once your health goes up again you can die.

The hit markers for vehicles are broken badly and they mentioned in the next update that will be fixed. It was fine before but they broke it in this update.

Then everyone and there mom is using mav and spawn beacons to get on anything high on the maps...

There is much more but if you played it enough and bright you will spot the stuff over and over and it just ruins the game for all my friends. I wish i could find people that will keep playing it with me but they will not. They all went back to meh mw3... or skyrim or gow3. What a shame i loved this game even with the before patch issues but new issues just makes it to painful to play by myself with it. I went to older games and backlogged bf3 for another few weeks or months until maybe the next fix makes it more playable and less glitches people are taking adv of.[/QUOTE]

So no spawn camp fix? I swear on TDM most of my deaths are 1-2 seconds after I spawn.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']I missed Red Dead and Cathrine, I dunno man, they also have that alternate cover going too so eh.[/QUOTE]

For those interested in Catherine , when I ordered it as dotd for ps3 and Xbox I got the normal cover and not the alternate since I know some people might not buy it if it was the alternate cover , just wanted to give a heads up.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']It fixed a lot of issues but made so many new ones... You will often not die and be at 0% health and the person that was shooting at you will be pissed. It happens all the time me having happen to me or someone i am trying to kill has it happen. It seems to be all random and once your health goes up again you can die.

There is much more but if you played it enough and bright you will spot the stuff over and over and it just ruins the game for all my friends. I wish i could find people that will keep playing it with me but they will not. They all went back to meh mw3... or skyrim or gow3. What a shame i loved this game even with the before patch issues but new issues just makes it to painful to play by myself with it. I went to older games and backlogged bf3 for another few weeks or months until maybe the next fix makes it more playable and less glitches people are taking adv of.[/QUOTE]

The not dying at 0% and using mavs to get to high places has been around since launch, I don't know why you are blaming it on the latest patch. The fact that there are scrub recons in all those high places shouldn't even matter since all it does is hurt the other team when it comes to objectives. There are still balancing issues that the patch created, but nothing game-breaking.

[quote name='joeyshadows']So no spawn camp fix? I swear on TDM most of my deaths are 1-2 seconds after I spawn.[/QUOTE]

The random spawn on TDM has been somewhat fixed, you spawn in clumps with your team now.

Ordered LA Noire and Battlefield 2, both came in today, LA Noire looks perfect but BF has a few knicks on the edges and was the Platinum Hits version. Kinda disappointed, but I installed it and it plays fine. Can't complain for $21 shipped I suppose.

All of their games come with working online codes right? I've never bought from gamefly and I know its been answered before but I can't find where.

Just got Castlevania LoS in decent condition.. Not pristine by any means but Vanquish looks like someone chewed on the side of the disc

[quote name='haveacigar_46']All of their games come with working online codes right? I've never bought from gamefly and I know its been answered before but I can't find where.[/QUOTE]

yeah... Everything that Ive ordered thus far which required a code of some sort had it intact and unused

[quote name='1mbalanc3d']yeah... Everything that Ive ordered thus far which required a code of some sort had it intact and unused[/QUOTE]

this. i just got my crysis 2 in and it came with the limited edition dlc slip inside and the code still worked. you can tell the disk had been resurfaced but it installed and plays just fine.

[quote name='gotdott']The not dying at 0% and using mavs to get to high places has been around since launch, I don't know why you are blaming it on the latest patch. The fact that there are scrub recons in all those high places shouldn't even matter since all it does is hurt the other team when it comes to objectives. There are still balancing issues that the patch created, but nothing game-breaking.[/QUOTE]

Actually i played over 60+ hours and never had myself take fire from people and stay at 0% health before the patch. I am not talking about the god mode glitch this is a new one. You are god mode for just that one attack. Once the health starts filling again then you can die. So yes it is a new variation of god mode from the new update.

The MAV i never did that bug cause i do not play with cheaters or do such things myself. I seen people at places before i could not get to but hardly anybody did it to notice much of it. It got wide spread known way later.

You seem to be one of those people that take advantage of bugs and have fun with them. If you like cheating and taking advantages this game is for you right now. You can work on owning people with vehicles and have a huge advantage cause of the bug. Hell people right now do not hardly try to even destroy them anymore just avoid. So in my eyes that was a huge game changer. They officially noted that is a glitch and next update will fix it they say just like so many other issues.

You seem to be someone that would play Test Drive Unlimited 2 on launch and keep getting his save corrupted and never have a bad thing to say about the game and keep playing. To each there own and i do not want to get into a debate people these days seem to not search google before talking to see if there right or what not.

Done with trying to explain myself just do research on google people nuff said before buying.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Actually i played over 60+ hours and never had myself take fire from people and stay at 0% health before the patch. I am not talking about the god mode glitch this is a new one. You are god mode for just that one attack. Once the health starts filling again then you can die. So yes it is a new variation of god mode from the new update.

The MAV i never did that bug cause i do not play with cheaters or do such things myself. I seen people at places before i could not get to but hardly anybody did it to notice much of it. It got wide spread known way later.

You seem to be one of those people that take advantage of bugs and have fun with them. If you like cheating and taking advantages this game is for you right now. You can work on owning people with vehicles and have a huge advantage cause of the bug. Hell people right now do not hardly try to even destroy them anymore just avoid. So in my eyes that was a huge game changer. They officially noted that is a glitch and next update will fix it they say just like so many other issues.
[/QUOTE]

lolwut? Where did you did you get the "you seem to be one of those people that take advantage of bugs and have fun with them" from? More like I'm just a fanboy who has 200+ hours logged and reads the patch notes for every update religiously? I only have enough hours logged using recon as it took to get my service star. Spending the whole game on top of a bridge or tower is boring as shit, I'd rather run around and C4 everything. The 0% issue has happened before, just because you haven't encountered it doesn't mean it hasn't. I don't see people avoiding vehicles either, tanks still go down with 3 pieces of C4 and jihad jeeps are still in style. There's nothing game-breaking about the latest patch, they fixed many issues and some are still around but there's nothing killing off the community right now like you're making it sound.

Got my 11 games today, all of them were as good as I expected them to be, except Two Worlds II, which appeared to never even have been opened all the way.

[quote name='pimpster4183']ordered PS3 COJ The Cartel, what the hell it can't be that bad for $8.51 shipped.[/QUOTE]

You're right, it's not that bad. It's worse.

[quote name='dim2192']:bow:

Spent all my money this fall on gamefly and drugs. How depressing haha.[/QUOTE]

someone get this man more drugs

[quote name='dim2192']:bow:

Spent all my money this fall on gamefly and drugs. How depressing haha.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, those are two of the things I count on most to keep me from being depressed.

[quote name='purplepanda']Damn had Alice in my cart and it went out of stock before I checked out. Any chance that GF will restock it?[/QUOTE]

Its back in stock

Earth Defense Force came in the mail yesterday, great condition, but no instruction manual.

Anyone call/email them before about this?

Not going to make a big deal, just wondering what they do in this case.

[quote name='KrizB']Earth Defense Force came in the mail yesterday, great condition, but no instruction manual.

Not going to make a big deal, just wondering what they do in this case.[/QUOTE]
Send them an email. One time I didn't receive DLC to a game and they mailed me out a replacement case with the DLC. It's worth a shot.

[quote name='KrizB']Earth Defense Force came in the mail yesterday, great condition, but no instruction manual.

Not going to make a big deal, just wondering what they do in this case.[/QUOTE]The 360 version doesn't have a manual.

[quote name='Vigilante']The 360 version doesn't have a manual.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they went online-only with the manual. Considering my undying love for both "Earth Defense Force" and the environment, I wholeheartedly approve of this decision.

[quote name='Vigilante']The 360 version doesn't have a manual.[/QUOTE]

Alright.

Fun game, towards the end right now.
Like the improvements from the first, but miss the level variety and missions like Crimson/Return.

that would be awesome, thanx CheapyD!
Still waiting to start SR3 so i can roll with you as my homie!
i got my grrl a cheap copy also, so co op sr3 and we can pretend you are right there with us, capping bitches n shia. yeah!
hit that ramp fiddy

That's good to hear. I received most of my games from Gamefly. But Fist of the North Star ordered on the 20th has not yet arrived. Should I be worried? Considering the rest of my game arrived 2-3 days after.

[quote name='young chi']Hopefully they do. COD4 for $24.99?? What a joke sale thus far.[/QUOTE]

depends on the game. i got knights cntract for 9.99, pretty hard to beat that.
and fyi, theres always amz warehouse deals. i got cod4 from there for 7 bucks like new 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='CaoPi']This year end sale is weak! It has been all about bestbuy![/QUOTE]

No doubt man! Maybe there will be another deal tonight. I'm staying up to see if that happens.

bread's done
Back