GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like EVERY game in the used store has received the free shipping logo, however, the prices have not been lowered yet.

do i have to have a gamefly paid subscription to buy the used games with Free shipping? or is it free shipping for everyone even if you dont have a subscription?

Since we dont know our time zones lets do some promblems. Here I expect these done by within the top of the hour.

1. Its noon in IL. what time is it in MD? _____ in UT? ___ in OR? ____

2. It is midnight in NM. what time is it in NY? _____ in OK? _____ in FL? _____

3. it is 9 am.m in NY, where joe lives. He wants to phone his aunt in the eastern ks. What time is it there? _____

4. it is 2:30 P.M in OH. what time is it in Co? ___ In Sc? ___ In TX? __

5. How many hour time difference is there between MA and Ca? ___

[quote name='Flying Frog']do i have to have a gamefly paid subscription to buy the used games with Free shipping? or is it free shipping for everyone even if you dont have a subscription?[/QUOTE]

During the Year-End Sale, EVERYONE gets free shipping on EVERY game in the used store, regardless if you are a current renting subscriber or not. Free shipping for all today through Jan 3, 2012 :D.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Since we dont know our time zones lets do some promblems. Here I expect these done by within the top of the hour.

3. it is 9 am.m in NY, where joe lives. He wants to phone his aunt in the eastern ks. What time is it there? _____

5. How many hour time difference is there between MA and Ca? ___[/QUOTE]

You have at least two invalid questions in there.

FL spans 2 time zones. I have had a ton of people try to tell me I am wrong with that statement, but since I lived in the central time zone in FL for 20 years of my life, I think I know what I am talking about.

Texas also has a small portion in the mountain time zone.

[quote name='GamingGator']You have at least two invalid questions in there.

FL spans 2 time zones. I have had a ton of people try to tell me I am wrong with that statement, but since I lived in the central time zone in FL for 20 years of my life, I think I know what I am talking about.

Texas also has a small portion in the mountain time zone.[/QUOTE]

so at what time are the deals in texas???

noon unless you live in el paso, at which point you should just kill yourself before the sale starts because you live in el paso

[quote name='Scorpion']so at what time are the deals in texas???[/QUOTE]

Depends on what part of Texas you live in.

I live in eastern Pa., but will be taking off at noon in a plane traveling west at 600 mph. What time will the sale start?

[quote name='velvet396']Why is there always this much confusion with time zones? It's not like they're always changing. For us in the US, you only have to know your time zone (shock!) and know how 2 other zones relate to it. We can memorize crazy combos in fighters, or tweak character classes to the nth degree in BF3 or MW3, but somehow time zones perplex us. WTF.[/QUOTE]

I love how I go on a rant, then fuck up what I'm ticked at others for being confused about. :lol: oh well. Indeed, I forgot mountain, despite having a friend live in that zone for a few years.

FWIW, I kept messing up that he was 2 hours behind instead of 3, and with that in mind, I think we should abolish mountain. It is a silly place. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a55hIGmMzuE)

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Since we dont know our time zones lets do some promblems. Here I expect these done by within the top of the hour.

You're expecting people who don't understand time zones to understand state abbreviations? Methinks you expect too much of the CAG.

All I know is that 10 am pst is 1pm here in ohio where I'm at.

[quote name='FunkyDoRight']I don't care if this sale is awful, this tread is worth it![/QUOTE]

It is very important to change your tires at regular intervals.

Last year's GameFly Year End Sale was pretty disappointing. I'm not optimistic for this year, but we'll see soon enough

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']So if it starts at 10 am Pacific, what would that be in Hammer time?[/QUOTE]

It's always 7pm when it comes to Hammertime. Just like Prime time.

1. MD= 1:00 PM UT= 11:00 AM OR=10:00 AM
2. NY= 2:00 AM OK= 1:00 AM
3. KS= 8:00 AM
4. Co= 12:30 PM Sc= 2:30 PM TX= 12:30 PM
5. 3 Hours

Did I get them all right? Whats my prize!

Hoping for $20 or less on Mortal Kombat, White Knight Chronicles 2, Atelier Totori, Space Marine, and Dead Island.

you guys c an't be this dumb you guys must be messing with me

less computer and buy games and more school is what you people need

[quote name='ijustw1n']It's always 7pm when it comes to Hammertime. Just like Prime time.[/QUOTE]

Ah... thanks! Noted.

To add to this equation, if Hammer Time = Prime Time, does MC Hammer = Deion Sanders?

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']So if it starts at 10 am Pacific, what would that be in Hammer time?[/QUOTE]

Ask Jimmy Buffett. I bet he says 5pm.

[quote name='darkvulture']you guys c an't be this dumb you guys must be messing with me

less computer and buy games and more school is what you people need[/QUOTE]

yes we c an

The sale starts at 10am - 12pm Pacific Time.

If in Hawaii - it starts 8am - 10am.

If in Alaska - it starts 9am - 11am.

In Pacific Time - 10am - 12pm

In Mountain Time - 11am - 1pm

In Central Time - 12pm - 2pm

In Eastern Time - 1pm - 3pm

If you don't know what time zone you're in just google it :lol:

[quote name='darkvulture']you guys c an't be this dumb you guys must be messing with me

less computer and buy games and more school is what you people need[/QUOTE]
And a little more punctuation as well.

[quote name='Hytham']
Did I get them all right? Whats my prize![/QUOTE]

You win access to the Gamefly Year End Sale that starts on 12/21 (around 10am-noon pst)

[quote name='jb0Ogi3']The sale starts at 10am - 12pm Pacific Time.

If in Hawaii - it starts 8am - 10am.

If in Alaska - it starts 9am - 11am.

In Pacific Time - 10am - 12pm

In Mountain Time - 11am - 1pm

In Central Time - 12pm - 2pm

In Eastern Time - 1pm - 3pm

If you don't know what time zone you're in just google it :lol:[/QUOTE]

Thank you for this! I hate time zone conversions!

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']Ah... thanks! Noted.

To add to this equation, if Hammer Time = Prime Time, does MC Hammer = Deion Sanders?[/QUOTE]

Based on modern historians, that's a more complicated question than you think. Original MC Hammer = Jerry-curled Atlanta Falcons Deion Sanders, while Dallas Cowboys Deion is > VH1 Surreal life/broke preacher MC Hammer. Then we get into various Venn diagrams and it starts to get hairy.

This thread reminds me of those "story math" problems in school.

If a train leaves Tucson, Arizona on March 11 2012 at 12:31 AM traveling east at 51 mph.........

bread's done
Back