GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
these sales are very disappointing nothing for me I guess is a good thing I spent way too much money on games this year.

[quote name='Slowdance']There were $8.99 and $9.99 games before today. What games specifically did you see a change in the price? Catherine for $25 is not a sale price.[/QUOTE]

I have never said i saw any specific price changes, I said everything went to 'free shipping' which usually means the sale is on, people said i was lying and insulted me, and i wasn't. everything was marked free shipping suddenly when i posted.

If this is it, then this is a really crappy sale....especially with the build up for the past couple of weeks since it was announced.

Wow this is a pretty meh list. I don't even think it was Best Buy, it's just that these are all rehashes of what we had seen. Cheapy told us that, but we expected lower prices methinks.

I didn't really need to buy tons more games. I bought DW7 awhile back when they had a nightly sale for 17.99, but I flipped it to Amazon before the value dropped. I'd been wanting to get it to keep this time, and that's about as good of a price point as I could hope for. Sure Best Buy has had some great deals, but I didn't have to be up at 1 in the morning fighting to get what I wanted available and ordered.

I was hoping for Transformers: WFC and Spider-Man: SD for under $10. I'm definitely not spending over $10 on any one game. If this GF sale doesn't produce anything good, I'm going to do the B2G1 at Best Buy. They have some excellent games available for under $10.

Shadows of the Damned is only 12.99 for Xbox360, it's still showing as 19.99 for PS3.

Catherine is still at 24.99 for PS3.

So...no sale?

Best Buy has killed these USED prices on games they offered for NEW. 17.99 for used Tomb Raider Trilogy? I paid like 8 bucks for a new copy from BB. Dead to Rights Retribution for 14.99 used? Come on, Gamefly! Epic fail on the part of Gamefly.

[quote name='idontcare']Doesn't Gamefly ALWAYS have free shipping? I've never had to pay shipping from them (I've placed orders as a member, and a non-member.)... The free shipping icon was, at the very least, on every 360 game I looked at a couple days ago. So, I doubt it has anything to do with the sale.[/QUOTE]

no, not for non-members.

everything shifts to 'free shipping' during sales for me. that's why i posted. i've been doing this for years, too... 'free shipping' on all items usually means 'sale started'. for some reason, this year, it meant call me names for letting everyone know.

Got Virtua Tennis 4 and Top Spin 4 only because I just bought Move.

Pretty terrible sale otherwise. A lot of these games have been cheaper in GameFly's own sales.

ehhhhhhhhhhh last years sale was much better in my opinion. I picked up like 10 games last year.

I'm contemplating getting
Killzone 3 - $13.49
House of Dead: Overkill - $11.69
Splatterhouse - $8.99

(I have the 10% off membership, that's why the prices are different)

But still, I don't think I'm pulling the trigger on any of those, especially since I still haven't even touched like 5 of the games I got last year.

Lame............. Very un impress with this so called sale I've seen half of the list cheaper on gamefly last year

Dang. Dungeon Siege 3 :ps3: is stil $18. That is how much the new one on Amazon (well for the :360:) is. I can wait on it.

live now, very disappointing. I think i remember last year they dropped the price on some stuff as the sale went on. $23 for mortal kombat is still too much $15 and i would have bit. Also, no Rage, I figured with amazon having it new for 19, gamefly would throw it out there for less. guess im waiting

[quote name='affa']no, not for non-members.

everything shifts to 'free shipping' during sales for me. that's why i posted. i've been doing this for years, too... 'free shipping' on all items usually means 'sale started'. for some reason, this year, it meant call me names for letting everyone know.[/QUOTE]

The sale didn't start when you posted your list of stuff. Free shipping might have been there, but the price didn't adjust till now. That's why everyone pointed out you were wrong. Now let it go.

You guys are ridiculous sometimes. There are some decent deals to be had here. Nobody can match what Best Buy has done recently. You can't expect anyone too. Best Buy buys items in such large quantities that they can afford to move them for 75-85% off just to clear them out. You can't reasonably expect GameFly to put every game at $4.99-7.99.

I got LA noire since the dlc is on sale on 360 and I didn't care to mess with going to best buy to get it for 10. Also picked up 2 Dynasty Warriors 7 so a friend can play it online.

bread's done
Back