GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this certainly isn't up to last year's quality of their Holiday Sale. Maybe it'll get better...but I'm doubting it. Spoiled by Best Buy, I guess!:cry:

I picked up Call of Juarez. Thats it.

I think I have it figured out now, Best Buy's strategy. Have sales so low that it makes every other retailers sale look like utter garbage. Its really quite ingenious if you stop and think about it, that is as long as they can do it without going out of business. I can say first hand that if this was their strategy, its worked.

Vanquish is $9.99. Or $7.99 for 360.

Trying to figure out whether or not to pick one up. I'd rather have it on PS3 but I started it on 360

Guess after I get back from the dentist I'll decide if its still available

[quote name='wynams']For everyone here looking for Alice, Best Buy is back in stock at $12[/QUOTE]
Ordered as soon as I saw this. Can't beat $~12 new

Now heres hoping it doesn't get cancelled

I'm disappointed Catherine didn't drop back down to $17.99. Would've picked up a PS3 copy.

It has begun and I am very underwhelmed. Some of their nightly deal prices were better than their year end prices for most games.

I guess I screwed myself for waiting for this sale instead of jumping at some of the nightly deals.

bought halo combat evolved unopened and marvel vs cap com ultimate for 20 each

PS from my friend YAY SCORE!!! much better than gamely deals

I finally bit on AC: Brotherhood. I had missed it last time it was on sale.
I was tempted by a couple others, but like everyone says this seemed kind of disappointing this year.

Well lost in most of the complaining, I find these two games to be great deals :

Knights Contract 9.99 Ps3 (was waiting for this forever!)
Arcania Gothic 4 360 (this too!)

Picked up some games I missed like LoS and Vanquish then threw in Ken's Rage. Disappointed Catherine didn't go on sale again though.

[quote name='TheGreatWang']The sale didn't start when you posted your list of stuff. Free shipping might have been there, but the price didn't adjust till now. That's why everyone pointed out you were wrong. Now let it go.[/QUOTE]

Obviously, i know that now. It doesn't change the fact that when i posted, it clearly looked like the sale began and i got called various names by you guys... and most of the prices I saw were accurate as well.

i have no issue with people saying 'no, it's just marked free shipping, but the actual sale didn't start yet' (like one person did). i do take issue with those that insulted me, though.

:ps3:Alice, :360:Front Mission, :360:EDF for the backlog sale really wasnt what i was expecting, I guess because I picked up most from the nightly deals.

I had several games in my cart waiting for them to drop...only 1 did. :( So, I just got the 1 game. I was expecting to spend a lot more.

can someone recommend wii fitness/exercise/sports games for a gift for my mom. she wants a wii with those games but i have no idea as i just own a ps3

Picked up PS3 copies of CoJ: Cartel, Transformers: DotM, Tron, Knights Contract & Phineas & Ferb. Pretty much already had about everything else from previous sales.

Hell, I gotta get at least 1 game here...user reviews for Knights Contract on Amazon are actually pretty good. So, done. Knights Contract for PS3 for $10.

Got off easy.

Grabbed Portal 2 and Vanquish for 21 shipped. Portal 2 is impossible to find under $25 used, so 13.99 was definitely a good price. There's a couple more I'd like to buy for under $2, but after spending so much on BB games, it's not in the cards. These are just two games I really wanted to play.
So do these come in an official 360 game case with all original content in great condition?

Meh on the sale for me too... Although, I might pick up Arcania 4 for $10... I have been curious about it, and it's nearly $30 on Amazon.

[quote name='affa']no, not for non-members.

everything shifts to 'free shipping' during sales for me. that's why i posted. i've been doing this for years, too... 'free shipping' on all items usually means 'sale started'. for some reason, this year, it meant call me names for letting everyone know.[/QUOTE]

Ah. I used to be a gamefly member (and bought maybe 3-5 games), and they always had free shipping when I saw them. But I canceled my membership in 2010, and just so happened to come across the sale earlier this month (Thanks CAG), and picked up Alice with free shipping, so I just assumed gamefly always had free shipping.

Grabbed L.A. Noire and purchased the DLC. Basically paid 11.99 for the Complete Edition since my MS points are courtesy of Bing Rewards :D

[quote name='redmangoose']Was considering Crysis 2, Portal 2, and Vanquish but now...
...I don't know.
My Crysis is still backordered from that one time from BB so I don't want to risk it.
Portal 2 seems decent but I'll probably wait it out.
Vanquish I'll consider but something tells me BB might just have it on sale for 5.50 again.
Don't want to buy something here and then see another retailer selling it at the same or lower price for new.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt vanquish will resurface at bbuy, i had it backordered and cancelled. i was told they are not getting more.

Ah OK, thanks for the info! Went ahead and picked up a PS3 version despite it not actually dropping price any--missed the $17.99 deal before and decided I would just rather be playing the game instead of waiting for it drop $6-7 again. And if I lump it in with my BB pick-ups this morning of Motorstorm: Apocalypse and DQIX, then $35 for all 3 total doesn't seem too shabby. Yay fudging the numbers!

[quote name='007']It's not the alternate artwork, that's only the site pic. The one that shows up at your house will be the original uncensored version.[/QUOTE]

Ah OK, thanks for the info! Went ahead and picked up a http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/images/icons/cagposticons/iconps3.gif version despite it not actually dropping price any--missed the $17.99 deal before and decided I would just rather be playing the game instead of waiting for it drop $6-7 again. And if I lump it in with my BB pick-ups this morning of Motorstorm: Apocalypse and DQIX, then $35 for all 3 total doesn't seem too shabby. Yay fudging the numbers!

bought wwe all stars for 12.99

bioshock 2 is 12.99 and most stores its under 10 bucks and some even under 8 bucks

gamefly has saved us money but has wasted a lot of our time with false hopes

[quote name='affa']Obviously, i know that now. It doesn't change the fact that when i posted, it clearly looked like the sale began and i got called various names by you guys... and most of the prices I saw were accurate as well.

i have no issue with people saying 'no, it's just marked free shipping, but the actual sale didn't start yet' (like one person did). i do take issue with those that insulted me, though.[/QUOTE]

It's the internet man, you can't take things too personal, it'll drive you nuts.

[quote name='loomis1975']Best Buy added Black Ops used $15 for 360/ps3 to deal of the day page.[/QUOTE]

Looks at thread title.

;)

[quote name='007']It's not the alternate artwork, that's only the site pic. The one that shows up at your house will be the original uncensored version.[/QUOTE]

Ah OK, thanks for the info! Went ahead and picked up a PS3 version despite it not actually dropping price any--missed the $17.99 deal before and decided I would just rather be playing the game instead of waiting for it drop $6-7 again. And if I lump it in with my BB pick-ups this morning of Motorstorm: Apocalypse and DQIX, then $35 for all 3 total doesn't seem too shabby. Yay fudging the numbers!

I'm actually relieved that this sale isn't all it cracked up to be. Best Buy has a hold on my wallet for now and it seems nothing can take it from them. I am tempted by Crysis 2 for $9 though. I missed out on it when it was $10 at BB.

[quote name='thegame85']Couldnt resist Mindjack for that price[/QUOTE]

Your 360 says otherwise, and will promptly spit said disc out at you in disgust!

Tempted on a few things... Kinda underwhelming sale, but it's also not bad either.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm actually relieved that this sale isn't all it cracked up to be. Best Buy has a hold on my wallet for now and it seems nothing can take it from them. I am tempted by Crysis 2 for $9 though. I missed out on it when it was $10 at BB.[/QUOTE]

This. I am also relieved to not be spending much. I hope the sale lasts until the 2nd for Bad Company 2 because I am not buying it for 2011.

I decided not to buy Crysis 2 simply for the fact I did not like the MP demo and I had spent too much...then of course I spent almost 20 more after.

[quote name='thegame85']Couldnt resist Mindjack for that price[/QUOTE]

i found Mindjack to be hilarious for the hour or 2 that i played it

bread's done
Back