GameFly 2011 Year End Sale - Now Live!

kevgret

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's famous annual Year End Sale features free shipping on all used games and big discounts on many items. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. New titles may be added throughout the sale. Sale ends 1/3/12.

icongamefly.gif
GameFly's Year End Sale

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I missed Castlevania but I can't say I'm heart broken since I got treated to some awesome deals with Best Buy. (even though their CS is pure crap), sorry Gamefly but I think I'm done for this year! :applause:

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ definitely castlevania. alice has its charms but becomes repetitive rather quickly. alice- 6-8 hrs, castlevania- 20hrs. u pick.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I prefer shorter games :)

6-8 hours is a perfect amount. I stopped Castlevania after the third chapter and never went back.

[quote name='Popnmusic']I picked up: Alice, Shadows of the damn, La Noire, and Transformers WFC. I was hoping to get Catherine but at $24 its still too much for me.[/QUOTE]

Hah i still remember when everyone was bitching Catherine would go even lower during one of those nightly deals. I knew it wouldn't fall that low.

[quote name='jamehze']Hah i still remember when everyone was bitching Catherine would go even lower during one of those nightly deals. I knew it wouldn't fall that low.[/QUOTE]

It was sold out by the time I got to the page the first time around. :(

I really really need to stop. At the rate I am buying games i will just have to skip over the next generation of systems in order to catch up with my backlog.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I really really need to stop. At the rate I am buying games i will just have to skip over the next generation of systems in order to catch up with my backlog.[/QUOTE]

But then think of how cheap the next gen games will be when you're finally ready to play them!

As for this sale, I picked up Dino Strike for Wii. Shitty dinosaur on rails "light gun" shooter ftw.

[quote name='xewndar1']it was a close race but BEST BUY wins 2011 out of nowhere! :D[/QUOTE]

Awesome, so that whole "actually getting the item you ordered" isn't a strong point for you

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Awesome, so that whole "actually getting the item you ordered" isn't a strong point for you[/QUOTE]

The Outlet items are just one facet of what BB dif this year! They have killed it since turkey day!

[quote name='crazydom2']After Best Buy...none of these sales seem that great.[/QUOTE]

To be honest these are great deals and game fly is excellent with their customer service and usually all the games have any codes that come with them. I got Portal 2 for PS3 and sure enough got a PC copy also. I agree Best Buy came outta nowhere to just stomp the compettion Thanksgiving week on. Heck the ICO/SOTC HD collection along with the God of War origins was killer before Thanksgiving week. That being said gamefly is a old CAG standby and there are great deals to be had if you are looking for something missed at Best Buy.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Awesome, so that whole "actually getting the item you ordered" isn't a strong point for you[/QUOTE]

Can't agree more. Ordered Vanquish and SW:TFU 2 from BB. Guess how many of those made it under the Christmas tree...

[quote name='WV Matsui']The Outlet items are just one facet of what BB dif this year! They have killed it since turkey day![/QUOTE]

Yeah since Turkey day. What about the 9 months previous? Minus a few of those @gamer coupons stacking with sales (though for a time that was YMMV, not the case anymore) they didn't compare to Amazon & K-Mart.

who cares about whose sales is better. You just pick whatever good deal you can find in each sale and hopefully it goes through. Yea bestbuy has good deals but they are clearance, so that means limited quantity. Gamefly quantities are more, but they suffer from chips. If you couldn't get with Bestbuy sales, then Gamefly is your alternative. Probably should save the comparision for the thread where you vote for retailer of the year.

[quote name='electricsleep']Anybody know if Alice will come with the free PC DL of the first Alice game?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='squijee']Yes[/QUOTE]
Wait. Everywhere says you get the original off PSN or XBL

So is it a PC download or a console download?

Because according to Joystiq its console

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Wait. Everywhere says you get the original off PSN or XBL

Because according to Joystiq its console[/QUOTE]

Correct. It is a voucher code and it downloads from XBLM or PSN store.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Wait. Everywhere says you get the original off PSN or XBL

Because according to Joystiq its console[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get the original Alice with the PC version of Madness Returns, it's only for the console versions.

EA had a deal a while back where you'd get the remastered version of Alice if you bought Madness Returns from their store, but that's long been over with.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Correct. It is a voucher code and it downloads from XBLM or PSN store.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. The one comment about PC download confused me, and I wanted to make sure

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I get that Best Buy has had some crazy good deals BUT

Whats the point of posting this in the gamefly thread? Best buy is clearing out their inventory of games that didn't sell well. It's either take a loss or never sell them and take a loss.

And I'm sorry but I'll take gamefly and their good CS to Best Buy's shitty CS & constant canceling of orders[/QUOTE]

It is just that it is hard to buy a used game for 10 bucks more than you saw it for new. It makes the Gamefly sale seem underwhelming but then again I think it would look underwhelming anyway cause most of them were daily deals at the same price.

Also, maybe I am in the minority but I wasn't terribly early on a lot of the deals but I got every single game I ordered online (9 games).

[quote name='Saablic']It is just that it is hard to buy a used game for 10 bucks more than you saw it for new. It makes the Gamefly sale seem underwhelming but then again I think it would look underwhelming anyway cause most of them were daily deals at the same price.

Also, maybe I am in the minority but I wasn't terribly early on a lot of the deals but I got every single game I ordered online (9 games).[/QUOTE]
My comment was more directed towards the fact that everyone and their mother seems to come in only to post

"Best Buy hit it big, this sale sucks, etc."
And not actually anything actually constructive to the topic

This sale is a mixed bag, there are some good deals and some lousy deals. A lot of people are pointing out Best Buy prices, but if the game is OOS at Best Buy, and there is no place else to get the game for anywhere near the GF price, then your point is totally moot.

I was just glad to get Motorstorm and Fear at my price point. It would cost me more money to take off work to get to Best Buy in time to get the games, than to pay the difference in price.

I think I'm going to pass on this sale. I've still got a few games from last year's sale that I haven't started and none of these prices are too terribly tempting.

[quote name='mars009']Mmm nothing for me...don't know if I should be glad or not, but was looking forward to Deus Ex[/QUOTE]

Same here. Really wanted $10 Deus Ex.

I also have a hard time paying more after best buy's prices. I look at it in the sense that bb's prices were a rare occurrence and did not score much. The odds are slim they re-stock and that I will be at my computer when they do. So if I want a game, I will buy if $9.99 or less. I have had regrets from my past Gamefly purchases when prices drop, but I have scored decent games at great prices that go oos and do not come back.

I would take best buy deals any day over these, but reality is I missed out. I moved on. I just need Alice to restock

Picked up Phineas & Ferb, Crysis & Two Worlds (all ps3) for $31.80.

The nice thing about GF is that you can actually order the games that are on sale and in stock. Best Buy lists games that are "online only" and then doesn't provide a shipping option for them. You have to go with the in store pickup which none of the stores around me ever have in stock or so the web locator says (they are always in stock in the store). On top of that, BB won't match "outlet" prices from their own web site which is not a bestbuyoutlet.com site, but part of the regular BB site. It's always YMMV on whether or not they will let you price match. Just frustrating.

Is Catherine worth $25? I have the demo but have not beaten it yet even on easy. That was the only game I really wanted. Also wwe allstars for 13 is a HUGE steal if your any kind of wrestling fan.

I got top spin 4 9.99 and louche wrestling game 7.99. Not too bad I had been eyeing those to games for a while and I got motor storm apocalypse for 5 bucks from BB. So far so good. Keep the deals coming.
Next year I ain't buying new games, I'm going to throughly enjoy these games.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Catherine worth $25? I have the demo but have not beaten it yet even on easy. That was the only game I really wanted. Also wwe allstars for 13 is a HUGE steal if your any kind of wrestling fan.[/QUOTE]
IMO Catherine was worth full price

The puzzles surprisingly don't get repetitive because you have to keep adapting new procedures.
But its difficult at times. You really have to think it through

I think the Best Buy sales are more the exception than the rule. I was able to get in on them also but it does not mean I did not find something in this sale worth buying. I think the Best Buy clearance is clouding some people's judgement on this sale. Most of us would be happy to get many of these Gamefly games for less than $15. $5 new games are not the norm and I will not expect BBY to continue with that trend. If they do I will be floored...how can you make any money selling games for $5? Best Buy is killing it now to draw market share from GS and other retailers but it will not be a long term strategy for them in my opinion. Definitely ride the deals for now but do not discount the price GF has on certain games right now.

I'm playing Catherine right now and its easily worth that price.

I picked up WWE All Stars and Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. May as well add to the never ending backlog.

I think if El Shaddai was cheaper, I'd bite, but other than that I picked up most of the games I was interested in during their nightly deals and/or Black Friday.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Is Catherine worth $25? I have the demo but have not beaten it yet even on easy. That was the only game I really wanted. Also wwe allstars for 13 is a HUGE steal if your any kind of wrestling fan.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Catherine, but it all depends on how much you like the puzzles. The story element is second fiddle to the puzzles although I liked the story parts more. There's a point in the game where the puzzles feel like they never end and what once was only 3-4 puzzles per nightmare turns into 6-8 by the end of the game. It was starting to wear thin there at the end.

It takes between 6-8 hours for the story in terms of length, but there are multiple endings based on what you do in the game. So if you like the game enough, the replayability is there.

But overall, I think it was a good game. Again, if you think the puzzles are fun, I would say $25 is a good price. But for most people, I think $15-$20 would be the best range for this game.

I'd try the demo. I found it an abomination actually. I was reading the game until I got to the un-fun puzzle segments...I elected to not even finish the demo. It reminded me of Brutal Legend when I got to the RTS parts...only Brutal Legend was fun outside of the RTS.

Wow this thread grew 40 pages in a day! Amazing sale I must say. Those of you saying Best Buy has better prices? Well they sell out in 30 seconds, I never got an order completed. Except for Earth Defense Force, which isn't that great/popular of a title.

Finally Two Worlds II came back! That was one of the few daily deals I missed out on, $10 is my buy price on it. Caved on Mass Effect 2 PS3 $13 even though MSRP is $20, I don't see Amazon lowering the price on new (need cerebus code) with their lame sales lately. Still passing on Alice, not my buy price yet. Added Knights Contract finally on sale for PS3, and Dead Space 1 to play through before I hit up Dead Space 2. And a few other games for gifts.

For all those wondering why some of us hesitate at $13-$15 price saying "it's only a few dollars, get it now" my order came to $60 instead of $78-$90. "A few dollars" adds up very quickly to $30 bucks saved! $30 is 3 more Gamefly games down the road.

With all the daily deals Gamefly has had, the under $10 blow out sale, now this sale, I think I spent over $150 but I got 15+ games instead of 3 new MSRP games. I'm loving Gamefly.

I beat it 5-6 times, may head back to get last few endings. I'd rate it in my top ten of 2011, and the story telling techniques made it shine in terms of complexity relative to the medium. Full endorsement to anyone wanting something different.

bread's done
Back