Gamefly $9.95 for TWO Months *FORMER GF SUBSCRIBERS ONLY*

Raiders4life

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I got an e-mail saying restart now and get 2 months for $9.95. If you're a former Gamefly subscriber check your old e-mail and you probably have it also. I thought I'd post it in case some people don't check their e-mail too often (like me!) :bouncy:

Yeah, too bad its only 1 game at time. Still not a bad deal. This will allow me to play GTAV and Beyond: Two Souls for $10.

I subscribed for one month when the first Gears of War came out but I have no idea what email address I used since it was so long ago or else i'd would have jumped on this deal

its only 1 game at time.
It is? That's too bad. All the previous offers I got were for two games. I didn't look far enough into it though since it comes at the absolute worst time. Just got too much going on right now to bother with games, and with GTA in a week....

Anyone know of a way to partake if you have had all emails turned off (and never received the email offer), though was once a subscriber? Special link or anything?

I wonder if they'll have enough copies for people who want to sign up for GTA.
Big titles like that one usually run into inventory trouble so close to release. I waited two weeks for GTA 4 back when I was tier 2 or 3 of their membership and availability is based on seniority.

I was wondering when the expiration was for the offer.  I contacted support but they didn't respond.  I'm already planning to buy GTA5, so I was hoping to wait so my 2 months would overlap into Batman and/or AC4...

I'd like to know the expiration date too, if anyone finds out from customer support or wherever. I wanted to save this for a rainy day, but if what a previous poster said was true about it only being good for one game out at a time, that puts a damper on it.

i dont know the expiration but it is definitely one game out at a time.

I'd like to know the expiration date too, if anyone finds out from customer support or wherever. I wanted to save this for a rainy day, but if what a previous poster said was true about it only being good for one game out at a time, that puts a damper on it.

Good deal but I got my GF paid off until 8/2014. It's my primary way of playing games and has probably saved me who knows how much money since I don't really even bother buying games and when I do it's usually from Gamefly's used sales.

Sent me Saints Row IV & SC: Blacklist on release and just last Tuesday got Rayman Legends & Diablo III. Got it paid off so far in advance because I plan to use it heavily on the PS4 launch titles and beyond. :)

got the email the other day, maybe i will use it...

just dont have alot of free time, but it would be nice to get some older games to finish off.

Sweet, I'm already a paying member but my subscription ends this month. I've had many a GF accounts over the years, so I'll just go back to one of my old emails that has the offer and update my address etc.

Does anyone know what the deadline is for taking advantage of this?

I may buy a PS4 immediately instead of waiting if I can rent some new titles(if Remote Play with the Vita works seamlessly it's PS4 everything for me), I'm definitely waiting on the Xbox One.

Just an FYI that the availability is pretty terrible right now for the new releases and I'm sure it will only get worse as more people sign up.  Those looking for older releases will probably be in luck, but honestly, how many people on this site haven't already bought those older releases for 10 bucks?  I'm really starting to regret signing up, hopefully I can get at least one good new release to make it worthwhile.

I just signed up for a month about four days ago. I wonder if I emailed support asking about this deal, if they'd give it to me...

Big titles like that one usually run into inventory trouble so close to release. I waited two weeks for GTA 4 back when I was tier 2 or 3 of their membership and availability is based on seniority.
Add it to your queue soon as your sign up because they do ship them out based on who had it on their list longest unless something's changed since I last subscribed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is availability really based on seniority? I don't see anything about that on the website.

Just an FYI that the availability is pretty terrible right now for the new releases and I'm sure it will only get worse as more people sign up. Those looking for older releases will probably be in luck, but honestly, how many people on this site haven't already bought those older releases for 10 bucks? I'm really starting to regret signing up, hopefully I can get at least one good new release to make it worthwhile.
Not sure why you're having troubles. I've gotten every single "major" release that I've put on my queue either on the tuesday it came out or the next day. (for example, sitting on Diablo 3 & Rayman Legends right now which both came out last Tuesday.)

Not sure why you're having troubles. I've gotten every single "major" release that I've put on my queue either on the tuesday it came out or the next day. (for example, sitting on Diablo 3 & Rayman Legends right now which both came out last Tuesday.)
Same here I got D3 the day after release. I can't complain lol.

For those of you who are still members, has shipping got any better? I live in the same state as a distro center and it was a 9 day turn around about 2 years ago.

Is availability really based on seniority? I don't see anything about that on the website.
it would make sense Thu, example "i subscribed for 2 years never cancel random X guy joins from a random promo gets day 1 ps4/x box one games an i have too wait 2 weeks" not very good incentive too keep subscribing if i could just cancel an resubscribe only, for BIG new releases an get them day 1.

unless it based on who had it on top of queue longest, which would be same as my example. just easier too track an say he wanted it more .

Good Deal, dont really need to sign up though with my backlog. Anyone know how long the offer is good for?
The email says "Limited Time Offer" but does not specify a date. When you click on the link thru the email, it does not have a date either. I'm going to leave it in my email, and try around mid-November. If it doesn't work, oh well.

You won't see it on their website but it's pretty clear to me that's how they handle it. So if User A that signed up last night added GTA 5 to their queue at the exact same time as User B that's been around since Day 1, B gets it first almost every single time. Gotta keep those vets happy.

What sort of experiences made this clear to you?

I ask because I was considering cancelling my subscription today, since it's the last day of the month, and this month I feel like I didn't really get my monies worth. They haven't sent me any new titles I want. I even tried slimming down my Game Queue just so they would be forced to send me a game, I had like 6 games with a "low" availability which they say is a 25-49% chance of shipping that day. It went multiple days without them shipping me anything, so rather than not get anything I added some older titles back into my queue and just got one of them. It's better than nothing but it is disappointing service. I've only been a member for two months consecutively.

EDIT:

I just contacted their chat support and they said it has only to do with how long the game has been in your Q (which I guess is related to seniority when you think about it, since if you put a game into your game Q as soon as it's been put into their database you're first in line for it.)

Copy of the chat log:

GF_ChatAvatarIcon.png
Joshua P: Hi there, my name is Joshua P. I will be assisting you today.
chat_enduser_message.png
amazinmace: hi
chat_enduser_message.png
amazinmace: I have a question
GF_ChatAvatarIcon.png
Joshua P: Sure go for it
chat_enduser_message.png
amazinmace: Is game availability based on seniority, like how long you've been subscribed or how long you had a game in your game Q?
GF_ChatAvatarIcon.png
Joshua P: It has nothing to do with seniority
GF_ChatAvatarIcon.png
Joshua P: It's about how long a game is in your GameQ and how long you've been without a game
chat_enduser_message.png
amazinmace: Does unlimited PC play factor into anything?
GF_ChatAvatarIcon.png
Joshua P: No it does not
chat_enduser_message.png
amazinmace: Ok, thanks

For some reason I can't get the chat to work when I go to the support page.  Any way you can ask them when these free trials expire? 

Pretty sure it is. My friend complained via phone and email about not getting the games he wanted, and both reps told him that there was a few things that determined who gets a game A) How long its been on your list (think they said that was the biggest factor and pretty sure they said the top 5 had a higher weight) B) Next is how long you have been a member.

And I have noticed that games I put on right when they were announced I have always got right away.

I had a Gamefly membership a couple of years back but never received an email. This there a code in the email with the offer? I just logged into my account and I don't see anything that makes it seem like the offer is linked to former accounts or anything. 

How did you pay it that far in advance did you buy gamefly gift cards?

Good deal but I got my GF paid off until 8/2014. It's my primary way of playing games and has probably saved me who knows how much money since I don't really even bother buying games and when I do it's usually from Gamefly's used sales.

Sent me Saints Row IV & SC: Blacklist on release and just last Tuesday got Rayman Legends & Diablo III. Got it paid off so far in advance because I plan to use it heavily on the PS4 launch titles and beyond. :)

I got the email a few days ago and signed up today. Puppeteer comes out tomorrow so thats top of the list. Ijust got a WiiU (about a week before the price drop news) so NSMBU and Lego City and Game & Wario, and W101, Sonic in the future.

My kids spent the day playing Ecomatch and Supercow, the rest of the PC unlimited lineup was rather lackluster.

bread's done
Back