GameFly August Used Game Sale

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]1372[/img-r]GameFly's used game sale is back; featuring low prices and free shipping on select titles. Highlights include several $15-$20 3DS games. GameFly's games come complete with manual and case, are guaranteed and are usually in excellent condition. Sale ends 8/22.

icongamefly.gif
Sale items

:ps3: Clash of the Titans $9.99
:ps3: Dead to Rights: Retribution $12.99
:ps3: Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days $12.99
:ps3: Mafia II $12.99
:ps3: Medal of Honor $12.99
:ps3: Nail'd $12.99
:ps3: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $14.99
:ps3: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West $14.99
:ps3: Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock $14.99
:ps3: Lost Planet 2 $14.99
:ps3: Singularity $14.99
:ps3: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $14.99
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $14.99
:ps3: Red Dead:Undead Nightmare $14.99
:ps3: Dead Rising 2 $17.99
:ps3: Little Big Planet $17.99
:ps3: SAW $17.99
:ps3: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions $17.99
:ps3: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $17.99
:ps3: The Fight: Lights Out $17.99
:ps3: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom $19.99
:ps3: Two Worlds II $19.99
:ps3: Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage $19.99
:ps3: PlayStation Move Heroes $24.99
:ps3: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow $24.99

:3ds: Steel Diver $14.99
:3ds: Bust-A-Move Universe $14.99
:3ds: Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D $14.99
:3ds: Dream Trigger 3D $17.99
:3ds: LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars $17.99
:3ds: Rayman 3D $17.99
:3ds: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D $19.99
:3ds: Madden Football $19.99
:3ds: Pilotwings Resort $19.99
:3ds: Ridge Racer 3D $19.99
:3ds: Super Monkey Ball 3D $19.99
:3ds: The Sims 3 $19.99
:3ds: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars $19.99
:3ds: BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II $24.99
:3ds: Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition $24.99
:3ds: Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever $24.99
:3ds: Samurai Warriors Chronicles $24.99
:3ds: Dead or Alive: Dimensions $27.99

:wii: 101 in 1 Sports Party Megamix $14.99
:wii: Create $14.99
:wii: Megamind - Mega Team Unite $14.99
:wii: Metroid: Other M $14.99
:wii: The $1,000,000 Pyramid $14.99
:wii: The Amazing Race $14.99
:wii: GoldenEye 007 $17.99
:wii: You Don't Know Jack $17.99
:wii: Conduit 2 $24.99
:wii: Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos $17.99
:wii: Gold's Gym Dance Workout $17.99
:wii: Guilty Party $17.99
:wii: Top Spin 4 $17.99
:wii: Sniper Elite $21.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone speak on behalf of Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D(S)?

Not a sports fan in the least, but I do occasionally enjoy a good football (soccer) game here and there, and it doesn't seem like too bad a hit for $15.

[quote name='ryushe']Can anyone speak on behalf of Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D(S)?

Not a sports fan in the least, but I do occasionally enjoy a good football (soccer) game here and there, and it doesn't seem like too bad a hit for $15.[/QUOTE]

I got this one in the Amazon BOGO 3ds sale a few weeks ago. If you enjoy soccer, it's great. No regrets on my end. Worth $14.99 IMHO.

I think Gamefly OVERestimated the 3DS as much as Nintendo did. The system has only been out a few months and they're clearing out every game, and just a few days after a huge price drop at that. NOthing for me though. I have a 2and1 used Gamestop coupon I don't even know what to do with yet. Boom and bust release schedules could use a little ironing out.

Quick question for anyone who may have bought from GameFly in the past.
Since the games are "rentals", does anyone know that if a game new comes with an online pass, do you get that pass from GameFly when you buy used from them?

[quote name='Cameron4All']Quick question for anyone who may have bought from GameFly in the past.
Since the games are "rentals", does anyone know that if a game new comes with an online pass, do you get that pass from GameFly when you buy used from them?[/QUOTE]

In my experiences with Gamefly, I have a received a working online pass code/beta test codes/promo codes every time.

Gamefly doesn't send the original cases out to their members, they store the empty cases in a warehouse until someone purchases the game from them. Its almost like buying a brand new game.

I'd offer my input on the "usually excellent condition" comment. I've ordered once, and got 4 games. They were horribly scratched, one had a crack coming out of the middle, and they all had chips around the edges of the disc. If I were personally rating them for sale, I'd call them poor or decent. They all ended up playing, but unless I'm saving more than 50% over the cost of the game new, GF's used game sales probably aren't for me and my pickiness regarding condition of games.

I have always received my games in great condition. No major scratches. The online passes have always work for me. The current sale is lame so no games for me this time around.

Some 3ds games are good. Note that Amazon is having a huge 3ds games sale and kmart dropped all prices to $30. So if you pay $25-$30 for a used game you're a moron

[quote name='DaShaka']Good price for red dead undead nightmare[/QUOTE]

yep, finally got the game with this sale and my gamefly dollar reward thing. The last reward one expired becuase they didn't have a good sale for so long :(

[quote name='berzirk']I'd offer my input on the "usually excellent condition" comment. I've ordered once, and got 4 games. They were horribly scratched, one had a crack coming out of the middle, and they all had chips around the edges of the disc. If I were personally rating them for sale, I'd call them poor or decent. They all ended up playing, but unless I'm saving more than 50% over the cost of the game new, GF's used game sales probably aren't for me and my pickiness regarding condition of games.[/QUOTE]

I have to echo berzirk, I've ordered a few times from them, I've never received great or good quality. A notch or two above gamestop for sure, but not at all compared to places like Amazon warehouse deals.

Every time I've ever seen a comment about the condition people receive games from (from gamefly) it is either all great or busts, an odd disparity for sure.

Man, I bought TWII new at launch and I haven't played much into the second real island, the asian themed one. And now it's 20.

[quote name='sevendayrevolution']I have to echo berzirk, I've ordered a few times from them, I've never received great or good quality. A notch or two above gamestop for sure, but not at all compared to places like Amazon warehouse deals.

Every time I've ever seen a comment about the condition people receive games from (from gamefly) it is either all great or busts, an odd disparity for sure.[/QUOTE]

What console? I've only ever bought PS3 games from Gamefly. All came in perfect condition except for one, which had a very slight chip on the outer edge.

I could see 360 games being in worse condition since the discs are more vulnerable to scratches.

[quote name='TraBuch']What console? I've only ever bought PS3 games from Gamefly. All came in perfect condition except for one, which had a very slight chip on the outer edge.

I could see 360 games being in worse condition since the discs are more vulnerable to scratches.[/QUOTE]

At the time I think it was just 360 games, you're right though, PS3 hold up much better. Maybe I'll give their PS3 games a shot sometime, not this sale though, as everyone has said, prices are bad bad bad.

[quote name='TraBuch']What console? I've only ever bought PS3 games from Gamefly. All came in perfect condition except for one, which had a very slight chip on the outer edge.

I could see 360 games being in worse condition since the discs are more vulnerable to scratches.[/QUOTE]

Yea I've bought at least half a dozen games through Gamefly and they've all been pristine. 360, PS3, Wii, you name it... everything has been perfect.

I'm so indifferent on Fist of the Northstar. I have never watched the anime, but this looks like a mix of Dynasty Warriors and a classic 3-d beat em up. Any advice trusted CAG'ers?

[quote name='Gosha']Ordered Steel Diver and Pilot Wings. Might be cheaper by Black Friday, but eh.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those were the only deals that looked tempting, Most of the other games are on sale new at various retailers for less. What's going on Gamefly?

Just got a 3DS the other day and currently my only games are Zelda: OoT and Ghost Recon. Thinking of picking up Pilotwings, Steel Diver and Bust-A-Move (heard the game is lackluster but I'm a big BAM fan). Any thoughts on these titles or any other game suggestions?

[quote name='LordVila']Just got a 3DS the other day and currently my only games are Zelda: OoT and Ghost Recon. Thinking of picking up Pilotwings, Steel Diver and Bust-A-Move (heard the game is lackluster but I'm a big BAM fan). Any thoughts on these titles or any other game suggestions?[/QUOTE]

if you have the $ try out SSF4,
i heard its really good.

[quote name='LordVila']Just got a 3DS the other day and currently my only games are Zelda: OoT and Ghost Recon. Thinking of picking up Pilotwings, Steel Diver and Bust-A-Move (heard the game is lackluster but I'm a big BAM fan). Any thoughts on these titles or any other game suggestions?[/QUOTE]

PIlotwings is a lot of fun, but kinda short on content. It utilizes the 3D tech pretty well, for $20 it's a solid pickup. Unless you're one for collectibles, you'll be done with it in a few hours. It is fun to pick up and try and improve your scores every once in a while, so the replay-ability factor is also decent.

Wow, I've been waiting for the next Gamefly sale for what seems like forever, but I'm shocked at how little there is on that list of any interest to me (and I prefer PS3 over 360). Anything that was even remotely interesting (that I didn't already have), I checked Amazon and found it going for brand new for nearly the same price...and with mediocre reviews.

Not a bad thing though....finally, my wallet gets some relief.

Really trying to not pull the trigger on Clash Of The Titans. Damn my urge to by cheap games regardless of how crappy.

[quote name='AxleHead']Really trying to not pull the trigger on Clash Of The Titans. Damn my urge to by cheap games regardless of how crappy.[/QUOTE]

I know it can be tempting, but don't do it! Crap at any price is still crap. Save the money so you can buy something worthwhile w/o feeling guilty if you have to pay a bit more.

Still can't believe Castlevania is going for more than $20... The game was not very well reviewed and has been out forever. Why isn't this $20 or less now?

At this point, I'll probably get it from my Queue on Blockbuster.com.

[quote name='DudeImGodly']No 360 love[/QUOTE]
I'm sure ill piss everyone off, but the 360 games probably sell just fine or are in higher rental demand.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I'm so indifferent on Fist of the Northstar. I have never watched the anime, but this looks like a mix of Dynasty Warriors and a classic 3-d beat em up. Any advice trusted CAG'ers?[/QUOTE]

If you're not a fan of the anime/manga, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you're like me and:
1. Liked the movie okay
2. Haven't scratched that Dynasty Warriors itch in a while

I definately would recommend it. It never gets old watching Ken punch a guy super fast and then watching his body explode a couple seconds later. "You. Are already dead." classic

I'm not familiar with the Gamefly sales or how often they occur, but I have $5 gamefly dollars I need to use by October, and two games stand out that I may get:

Mafia 2
Medal of Honor

Are either of those games worth $7.34? Or should I just hold on to the GF dollars for a potential better sale before October?

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']I'm so indifferent on Fist of the Northstar. I have never watched the anime, but this looks like a mix of Dynasty Warriors and a classic 3-d beat em up. Any advice trusted CAG'ers?[/QUOTE]

I bought Fist of the North Star a few weeks ago. I've never seen the anime or read the manga. After playing a few Chapters in Ken's story I thought the game got kind of repetitive but it was still funny to end combos with the triangle button and watch the enemies explode. I've never played Dynasty Warriors so I wouldn't know if the are similar. But overall I'd recommend it, but you might wanna check out Best Buy since it should be the same price for a new copy. I misplaced my disc so I can't finish the game.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I'm not familiar with the Gamefly sales or how often they occur, but I have $5 gamefly dollars I need to use by October, and two games stand out that I may get:

Mafia 2
Medal of Honor

Are either of those games worth $7.34? Or should I just hold on to the GF dollars for a potential better sale before October?[/QUOTE]

I thought Medal of Honor was one of the best single player FPS games I've played in a long time.

[quote name='Squall835']I thought Medal of Honor was one of the best single player FPS games I've played in a long time.[/QUOTE]

Also, if you get Medal of Honor on PS3 you get the FULL version of MOH Frontline HD with it which just popped up on PSN for 14.99 so this is a good deal, just grabbed it at BBV for 9.99 so 2 games for 1 low price.

Gamefly has not had much available to buy used for 360 in general since Jan. I usually pick up about 4-8 360 titles a month from Gamefly, but not this year. Kinda sad.

bread's done
Back