GameFly Black Friday Coupon - Save $12 on your order of 2 or more used games

hatback

CAGiversary!
GameFly is offering $12 off when you purchase two or more used games.
http://www.gamefly.com/Store/

At checkout, use coupon code: BFSBLK20112USED

Discount will be shown in checkout.

*Coupon code may only be redeemed ONCE per person/account.
*Coupon code (probably) expires on Monday 11/28/2011 (according to a couple posters).

Link to thread for GameFly November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Sale:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308258

UPDATE:
The coupon code is still active, however...
- Many games from the under $10 sale went out of stock.
- The under $10 sale is now dead, so the prices on those games that are still in stock have been raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Glasscocked']Not a fail, you were just late to the party. :booty:[/QUOTE]
As a Gamefly member, it is a FAIL. This is the first time they removed the 10% discount associated with buying a used game with another promotion. I was passing the info since some CAGs may factor their Gamefly discount in their purchase.

Not having a price minimum was too good to be true. And the way they intended it to work isn't really much of a deal at all. Raising prices and tacking on shipping to every game makes the discount next to nothing. The total on 2 $19.99 games comes to almost $35. They can do better than this.

[quote name='killer9']oh man they killed it wow guys you had to be greedy[/QUOTE]
November sale ended on the 21st you were late

Oh wow, my 2x Brink :360: shipped. I was seriously expecting it to be cancelled, but I'm not complaining. Maybe I'll be able to play the game with a couple friends now. :D Thanks a ton, OP!

[quote name='killer9']oh man they killed it wow guys you had to be greedy[/QUOTE]
Like GUNNM said the the prices were supposed to end yesterday and the promo code apparently started today. They briefly overlapped I would assume do to a gamefly error. In short, you were late to the party so don't be greedy.

So I'd like to reiterate that they take AWAY your normal gamefly member discount of 10% and apply the 12.00 off coupon.

That is horrible, a first for a gamefly coupon and I will not be taking advantage of this deal.
I was already saving 9.00's on two keep-its with the regular 10% off.. o0o0 lemme get in on this so i can save 3 more dollars.. Black Friday WHOO HOO

They can suck it.

Grabbed NBA 2K11 and Naval Assault for $15.xx shipped. That is what I'm looking at price wise for these and even if they're 7.99/shipped at some point, I still come out ahead ($4 shipping be damned).

So I wouldn't even want free copies of Brink.

You guys know there are way better deals to be had than 2 copies of a shitty game, right?

I got Twilight Princess for free with my code, but I didn't realize it was 1 use/account >.<

There were a bunch of stuff I wanted to get.

How can some of your orders be shipped already? My orders take at least 3 days to ship, and I am 1hour from their center in Pittsburgh.
Edit: just got an update That my order shipped! Fastest they have ever been! Got red river for $4 since I used that waste of a game brink to get the $12 off

Last edited by a moderator:
Having actually played a little bit of Brink already, I passed on Brink on account of IT'S TERRIBLE. I did manage to get in before they fixed the good, accidental deal into the bad, intentional one they planned... ordered RF: Armageddon and Homefront for $3.23 shipped... I've half-finished Armageddon already (Redbox) and I know neither of those two titles are very good, but for $3.23 I'm satisfied. "In Process" now, but it did take them three days to process and ship Child of Eden last week so I'm not too worried. Gamefly usually does right by me.

[quote name='garrett007']How can some of your orders be shipped already? My orders take at least 3 days to ship, and I am 1hour from their center in Pittsburgh.
Edit: just got an update That my order shipped! Fastest they have ever been! Got red river for $4 since I used that waste of a game brink to get the $12 off[/QUOTE]

I got my order confirmation but no shipment yet.

[quote name='Ravenous']When does this expire cuz im sure ill find some goodies for BF[/QUOTE]

It's hard to say whether you'll find any good deals for it. They disabled free shipping this morning, and raised the prices on the cheap stuff. Some folks managed to sneak in while both the old sale and new deal were overlapping briefly, but now it's working as intended. You may do OK if there were a couple titles in the $20-25 range you ALREADY wanted, because those prices didn't get raised, but if you were after cheap stuff the current deal (now that they fixed it) isn't as good as the November $10 and Under they were running the last several days.

I ordered a game 2 days ago and it still says in process. Why is it taking so long when some people got games they ordered today shipped?

Good luck flipping the worst game of the year (Brink). Makes me laugh at people trying to flip a game that is used. You have no idea of the condition and if it can even be flipped. All for a few dollars.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Good luck flipping the worst game of the year (Brink). Makes me laugh at people trying to flip a game that is used. You have no idea of the condition and if it can even be flipped. All for a few dollars.[/QUOTE]

guess you don't trade in to bestbuy, with the blockbuster promotion going on you get a great value with the trade ins

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Good luck flipping the worst game of the year (Brink). Makes me laugh at people trying to flip a game that is used. You have no idea of the condition and if it can even be flipped. All for a few dollars.[/QUOTE]

Rookie

[quote name='dinovelvet']Since this is a Black Friday coupon, can we expect more items to go on sale on Friday?[/QUOTE]

nope this is all your going to see from gamefly this year.. they are not going to give you 12 bucks off 2 games and then drop thegames to 5 each like last year

LOL. Funny joke post.

when does this coupon expire? I was going to make a purchase today but i found out that a black friday deal at kmart has one of the games i want.

If they do not have it, i will go through with the gamefly purchase.

[quote name='BoromirsFan']when does this coupon expire? I was going to make a purchase today but i found out that a black friday deal at kmart has one of the games i want.

If they do not have it, i will go through with the gamefly purchase.[/QUOTE]

In the e-mail about it, it says that it ends Monday.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Rookie[/QUOTE]
This site is about gaming, not making a few bucks. Go to a cheapassflipper site instead. I assume you guys of the dreaded ebay flippers too. Buy up all the stock to make a few bucks.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']This site is about gaming, not making a few bucks. Go to a cheapassflipper site instead. I assume you guys of the dreaded ebay flippers too. Buy up all the stock to make a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts. You have to understand some of these guys make minimum wage at their jobs. I mean $3 profit to them is 20 minutes of pay at their job.

WTF??? Socom 4 was $28.99 BEFORE the LD, then it sold out immediately on the LD. Is this some kind of psychological experiment by Amazon? ;)

EDIT: Ooops, wrong thread!

Your cognitive dissonance is showing.

Sadly there isn't anything worth using this on. Wish I would of caught it before the sale ended. Although my unhealthy urge to buy games will probably make me get something just to get something. I think we need a CAG Anonymous.

[quote name='wild homes']It's hard to say whether you'll find any good deals for it. They disabled free shipping this morning, and raised the prices on the cheap stuff. Some folks managed to sneak in while both the old sale and new deal were overlapping briefly, but now it's working as intended. You may do OK if there were a couple titles in the $20-25 range you ALREADY wanted, because those prices didn't get raised, but if you were after cheap stuff the current deal (now that they fixed it) isn't as good as the November $10 and Under they were running the last several days.[/QUOTE]

Shitty. But considering that they always do something for BF, i have a sneaky feeling free s&h will come along with SOME good prices. If not, than they dont get my money. Hell in the NOV sale I just got Dead SPace 2

[quote name='sneezebu']Where did these random ass internet tough guys come from, and why are they acting so desperate?[/QUOTE]

Because they are pissed they missed the deals. Too bad for them right mate? :lol:

[quote name='Ravenous']Shitty. But considering that they always do something for BF, i have a sneaky feeling free s&h will come along with SOME good prices. If not, than they dont get my money. Hell in the NOV sale I just got Dead SPace 2[/QUOTE]

this is the ENTIRE black friday thing gamefly is having this year i think..

they are not going to drop their prices when they have a 12 buck coupon floating around (the coupon runs till monday so dont expect any cyber monday deals either)

i will be shocked if there is a SALE

this is their BIG SALE FOR THE YEAR (well besides the xmas deals)

Which is a terrible sale for people trying to get a bunch of stuff.

I rather have the coupon be shittier if I can re-use it, but the way it stands I'm not ordering anything else from them.

bread's done
Back