GameFly Black Friday Coupon - Save $12 on your order of 2 or more used games

hatback

CAGiversary!
GameFly is offering $12 off when you purchase two or more used games.
http://www.gamefly.com/Store/

At checkout, use coupon code: BFSBLK20112USED

Discount will be shown in checkout.

*Coupon code may only be redeemed ONCE per person/account.
*Coupon code (probably) expires on Monday 11/28/2011 (according to a couple posters).

Link to thread for GameFly November 2011 Under $10 Blowout Sale:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308258

UPDATE:
The coupon code is still active, however...
- Many games from the under $10 sale went out of stock.
- The under $10 sale is now dead, so the prices on those games that are still in stock have been raised.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sneezebu']Where did these random ass internet tough guys come from, and why are they acting so desperate?[/QUOTE]

Its become a trend on the site lately, and its disgusting. Why complain about other people's motives? If someone wants to flip a crappy game that is their prerogative. If someone gets in on a deal that you missed there is no reason to act butthurt about it. When you enter a thread do it if you want to, ask clarifying questions, thank the OP, discuss if your order has shipped, and then leave. It is really funny when people go into threads for items that you don't even want and then troll. :lol:

Its black friday. We should all just be enjoying the deals and helping each other out. Instead its jealous and whining.

I'd really just love the old $10 off one game. I got excellent games the last 2 years and had MGS collection at home just for this. Now i have to pick another overpriced game just to get any kinda deal( though MGS is $35.99 at least)

Looks like i missed when both sales were active. Hope some sale items pop back up before the code ends.

Edit: quick question. At Gamefly.com if you order 2 games and one of them has free shipping do they both get bundled with FS?

[quote name='An J0e']Looks like i missed when both sales were active. Hope some sale items pop back up before the code ends.

Edit: quick question. At Gamefly.com if you order 2 games and one of them has free shipping do they both get bundled with FS?[/QUOTE]

nop you get charged shippin happened to me

Yesterday was my first time ordering from gamefly, I was able to get in on the November under $10 deal and got brink and red faction for $2.12 with the coupon. I got a confirmation email, but the games never shipped. I read that some people got their games shipped already, should I be worried that they may cancel my order, or does gamely usually take a while to ship games?

[quote name='Kablasia']Yesterday was my first time ordering from gamefly, I was able to get in on the November under $10 deal and got brink and red faction for $2.12 with the coupon. I got a confirmation email, but the games never shipped. I read that some people got their games shipped already, should I be worried that they may cancel my order, or does gamely usually take a while to ship games?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry one of my games shipped already, brink is still processing

Should homefront and bulletstorm come with their online passes? I was lucky and able to get them at the discounted price using the coupon but want to make sure I won't have to pay to play them online.

Gamefly and Best Buy are annoying me so far. I bought 2 for the gamefly $10 sale and it didn't ship till I emailed them asking when it would. Same thing for best buy yesterday with the Monday premier sale, emailed them and my stuff magically shipped. So far my 2 Brinks haven't shipped, unlike others, and I feel I have to prompt them again.

If you could just buy one game that coupon would be one hell of a deal. Still, I'm considering it... there's a few games I'm interested in. Think I should wait and see if a better deal comes around or jump on it? @_@

[quote name='Kablasia']Yesterday was my first time ordering from gamefly, I was able to get in on the November under $10 deal and got brink and red faction for $2.12 with the coupon. I got a confirmation email, but the games never shipped. I read that some people got their games shipped already, should I be worried that they may cancel my order, or does gamely usually take a while to ship games?[/QUOTE]

took 10 days for them to ship out my last pakcage.. and then when they did ship it they shipped me an EMPTY CASE and refuse to do anything about it

[quote name='BegFourMercy']This site is about gaming, not making a few bucks. Go to a cheapassflipper site instead. I assume you guys of the dreaded ebay flippers too. Buy up all the stock to make a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

Lol i was just messing with you dood :). Oh and i dont do ebay, cant stand it

flipping is a catch-22 for me.
some people get mad that I jump on deals to flip them and not play the game ("this is cheapassgamer, not cheapassflipper"). in that logic, wouldn't it be acceptable to flip to get a more expensive game or games for family/friends?

[quote name='ijustw1n']Gamefly and Best Buy are annoying me so far. I bought 2 for the gamefly $10 sale and it didn't ship till I emailed them asking when it would. Same thing for best buy yesterday with the Monday premier sale, emailed them and my stuff magically shipped. So far my 2 Brinks haven't shipped, unlike others, and I feel I have to prompt them again.[/QUOTE]

Give it time, it took about 2 days for my last gamefly order to ship (No More Heroes). I'm still waiting for my 2 brinks to ship (gamefly), and for vanquish to ship (best buy).

[quote name='BFox549']flipping is a catch-22 for me.
some people get mad that I jump on deals to flip them and not play the game ("this is cheapassgamer, not cheapassflipper"). in that logic, wouldn't it be acceptable to flip to get a more expensive game or games for family/friends?[/QUOTE]

See at least someone gets it ! Oh and i love your sig :)

some people get mad that I jump on deals to flip them and not play the game ("this is cheapassgamer, not cheapassflipper"). in that logic, wouldn't it be acceptable to flip to get a more expensive game or games for family/friends?[/QUOTE]

When it's to make a couple of bucks, not really.

I think flipping is more than fine. Only time I "FLIP" is if it is a crazy money making deal like the $15 dollar prestige bundles.

Or if I can buy two copies of a game in order to sell one to make the other one cheaper. An example is i bought two copies of Homefront PS3 for 13, and sold one on amazon for a net of 10ish.

[quote name='gotdott']When it's to make a couple of bucks, not really.[/QUOTE]

it all adds up. especially if you go to school full-time, work min. wage job weekends only, and have a gf lol

No, because you are being selfish. Other people may want to play those games that you are flipping and are not able to. In some cases the flipping is $2- $4 which is ridiculous in my opinion.

[quote name='BFox549']it all adds up. especially if you go to school full-time, work min. wage job weekends only, and have a gf lol[/QUOTE]

$2 really worth the hassle? If you get 10 copies to make a $20 profit, you must be desperate. I used to be in your situation and was able to get games at full MSRP by managing my other expenses. It is all how you handle your funds. Stop spending on cigarettes, don't spend too much on fast food and get cheap canned food, it all adds up so that you avoid flipping. \

If the flip is $10 or more, I can understand that, but $2 - $3 and then buying 5 copies or more? GTFO.

[quote name='oasisboy']No, because you are being selfish. Other people may want to play those games that you are flipping and are not able to. In some cases the flipping is $2- $4 which is ridiculous in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

flipping to get gifts for friends/family is being selfish?

[quote name='snky_pete']Should homefront and bulletstorm come with their online passes? I was lucky and able to get them at the discounted price using the coupon but want to make sure I won't have to pay to play them online.[/QUOTE]

No guarantees, but likely they will have the codes. My RF:A had a working code still.

[quote name='oasisboy']
$2 really worth the hassle? If you get 10 copies to make a $20 profit, you must be desperate. I used to be in your situation and was able to get games at full MSRP by managing my other expenses. It is all how you handle your funds. Stop spending on cigarettes, don't spend too much on fast food and get cheap canned food, it all adds up so that you avoid flipping. \

If the flip is $10 or more, I can understand that, but $2 - $3 and then buying 5 copies or more? GTFO.[/QUOTE]

cigs and alcohol are a no go for me. and most of the time i go out and get fast food when im with the gf (mostly eat at the school's cafe to suffice for my gaming addiction). and i think you forgot about bills broski.

and no, i don't flip for $2-3 and buy bulks of crappy games.

This discussion never ends, so don't bother. If you wanna flip to take down your cost, even if it's 30 cents, flip away brother. But just to let u know, ur doing it wrong. haha

It depends how and for what you are flipping for to me. If you’re taking one copy of a game from a deal and trading it in to buy a brand new copy of a game that you actually want that’s fine, you get what you want and a developer/publisher makes money off the new sale.

If you are clearing out every store making it so only you may get the deal and then are just selling them for cash with no intention of buying a game, that’s where you’re flipping on CAG gets annoying.

I don’t think anyone should get mad about people getting in on this deal as you only missed it if you missed the small time window where the deals overlapped, not because people were abusing it.

[quote name='oasisboy']No, because you are being selfish. Other people may want to play those games that you are flipping and are not able to. In some cases the flipping is $2- $4 which is ridiculous in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

It really doesnt bother me one way or the other if someone chooses to "flip". What I *do* find funny, however, is the people that beat on the 'flippers' because they "bought out the game I wanted to play". I find that laughable for two reasons:

A) Most likely, the flipper doesnt live anywhere near the beater. So the beater was never going to get the self same game that the flipper flipped (online deals a little different of course).

B) Most CAGs have a backlog anyway. So said flipped game would most likely go on the beaters pile. In that case, one could make the argument that the beater is merely hoarding a game that someone (a random soccer mom) wants to play *now*.

Thus, I'm of the "to each his/her own" mindset.

Just to add a point to the good ole flip debate:

If you had more initiative than the flippers, you would beat them to the deals. Flippers may be scrounging to make a couple bucks, but they're probably making more of an effort than you are.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Will my two brinks come seperate ? Cause they shipped my order really fast and gamefly has been anything but fast latley[/QUOTE]

Go to your account, then purchase history. Generally when they ship 2 games you should get a DC# and it will be sent priority mail. Unless they are coming from 2 different distribution centers (I have had orders with 2 or more ship from different places).

2x Homefront shipped.
2x Brink-Cancelled ... Credited my account 12.00 coupon till 12/23
2x Red Faction-Cancelled ... Credited my account 12.00 coupon till 12/23

Hopefully they also refunded my 4.25 on Red Faction.

[quote name='IMikeU']2x Homefront shipped.

Hopefully they also refunded my 4.25 on Red Faction.[/QUOTE]

so you have 3 gamefly accounts.. why do you have 3 accounts..

gamefly SUCKS i returned 3 games to them last week they said they never got htem and now they are trying to charge me for all 3 games... FUK gamefly i will dispute this charge and i will dispute the entire time left on my membership

GF should ban assholes like you.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Just to add a point to the good ole flip debate:

If you had more initiative than the flippers, you would beat them to the deals. Flippers may be scrounging to make a couple bucks, but they're probably making more of an effort than you are.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't exactly say they have more initiative. It just means that we were too busy earning legitimate wages. :whistle2:#

Seriously though, my only real problem with flipping is when people go overboard for minimal gain. There's a difference between flipping a couple games and flipping to the point that your killing deals for everyone else. To me, flipping is biting the hand that feeds. We're all here to share gaming deals with fellow gamers. No one here shares this info so you can make money, we are after all a community of gamers first and foremost. When you flip to the point that it hurts the community that's when I have a problem.

Yes I have 3 accounts, one for me, one for my wife and one for my brother whom also lives here. Coupon stated *Coupon code may only be redeemed ONCE per person/account. --- Not once per Household.

The email I received:: Sounds like a threatening letter, and yet they gave me 12.00 credit back on each?

Hello,

We are contacting you in regards to your recent game purchase. Unfortunately we only allow one promotional offer to be used per household. Therefore your purchase order XXXXXXXX has been cancelled. Please note we will continue to monitor the account and if a higher number is issues persist we will review your account and determine if we will be able to continue service.

If you require additional assistance, please let us know a good time to reach you by responding to this email at anytime or you can call us directly at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Time.

We apologize for the inconvenience and if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The GameFly Team

Ha ha. Justice.

[quote name='[B']exileinoblivion[/B];9102036]Seriously though, my only real problem with flipping is when people go overboard for minimal gain. There's a difference between flipping a couple games and flipping to the point that your killing deals for everyone else. To me, flipping is biting the hand that feeds. We're all here to share gaming deals with fellow gamers. No one here shares this info so you can make money, we are after all a community of gamers first and foremost. When you flip to the point that it hurts the community that's when I have a problem.[/QUOTE]

You are 100 % correct. The people who actually are doing this for a few dollars is just funny. I actually wonder how many are employed at all.

[quote name='IMikeU']Yes I have 3 accounts, one for me, one for my wife and one for my brother whom also lives here. Coupon stated *Coupon code may only be redeemed ONCE per person/account. --- Not once per Household.

The email I received:: Sounds like a threatening letter, and yet they gave me 12.00 credit back on each?

Hello,

We are contacting you in regards to your recent game purchase. Unfortunately we only allow one promotional offer to be used per household. Therefore your purchase order XXXXXXXX has been cancelled. Please note we will continue to monitor the account and if a higher number is issues persist we will review your account and determine if we will be able to continue service.

If you require additional assistance, please let us know a good time to reach you by responding to this email at anytime or you can call us directly at (888) 986-6400, Monday thru Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM Central Time.

We apologize for the inconvenience and if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

The GameFly Team[/QUOTE]

I would write back and tell them HEY IM Paying you 3x more then normal person would so go FU :)

see if you get a responce back.. doubtful since they never return emails and love fuiing people over. now if you F them over they get all pissie about it but if they do it to you they look the other way

[quote name='slidecage']I would write back and tell them HEY IM Paying you 3x more then normal person would so go FU :)

see if you get a responce back.. doubtful since they never return emails and love fuiing people over. now if you F them over they get all pissie about it but if they do it to you they look the other way[/QUOTE]

Anyone can have an account. I am sure the reason he has 3 is because he signed up 3 times for 1/2 price gamefly deals. I am sure they are not all active. They are saying enough is enough. To take advantage of the coupons or deals you just have an account. It does not have to be active. They are all really his accounts not his wife and kids (just in name on the account).

[quote name='buster90']Overall this is a terrible coupon all the games got jacked in price almost double and you have to pay shipping. Bleh.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm guessing that in a lot of cases, you're actually paying more with this coupon than you would with their regular sale prices and free shipping.

Yeah I do not understand why they stopped the $10 coupon for keep it now games that they have been doing for the past few years.

Got my 2x Brink in mail today for free!

Am wondering why my spiderman shattered dimensions still isn't here from a week ago...

I am sure they noticed 3 free shipments to the same address. Gotta these CAGers that give the rest of us a bad name.

[quote name='IMikeU']Yes I have 3 accounts, one for me, one for my wife and one for my brother whom also lives here. [/QUOTE]

You sir, sound like a winner. Can't wait to see you on Maury.

[quote name='oasisboy']
You sir, sound like a winner. Can't wait to see you on Maury.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IMikeU']Yes I have 3 accounts, one for me, one for my wife and one for my brother whom also lives here. [/QUOTE]

There must be A LOT of sharing going on there
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

bread's done
Back