Gamefly.com ASSASSINS Creed Used 22.99

I love getting used games from GameFly, because they've got good prices and the cases/manuals that you get are new since they don't send those out.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']I love getting used games from GameFly, because they've got good prices and the cases/manuals that you get are new since they don't send those out.[/QUOTE]

I want to thank YOU for mentioning that you DO get the case and manuals from gamefly because someone ALWAYS has to ask that in a gamefly thread...

[quote name='Kayden']Wow. Why has this game just dropped like a brick and Gears is still $60?[/quote]

Because I know people who are just now buying 360s who are also buying GoW

Hopefully this is still there in a month or so when I get rewarded some Gamefly dollars and 10% member discount. My backlog is huge right now.

I liked Assassins Creed but I should not have bought it on its release day. I feel cheated out now.

Assassin's Creed has been $29.99 just about once a month at one store or another, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. At that point, I'd rather just spend an xtra 7 bucks and get it brandy new!

It's dropping like a brick because there's only 4 hours of original gameplay. Then it's just wash/rinse/repeat.

Kinda like how Mass Effect should be price dropping because it's a buggy piece of incomplete trash, just like the majority of games from Bioware.

[quote name='Blinkman987']It's dropping like a brick because there's only 4 hours of original gameplay. Then it's just wash/rinse/repeat.

Kinda like how Mass Effect should be price dropping because it's a buggy piece of incomplete trash, just like the majority of games from Bioware.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. I played through Mass Effect on the 360 and never encountered a single bug. I did run into a few issues with KotOR on the PC, but nothing major. KotOR II (not by Bioware) had all kinds of problems on the PC.

[quote name='Blinkman987']It's dropping like a brick because there's only 4 hours of original gameplay. Then it's just wash/rinse/repeat.

Kinda like how Mass Effect should be price dropping because it's a buggy piece of incomplete trash, just like the majority of games from Bioware.[/quote]

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

$27 shipped still beats $26.99 + tax at Gamestop or somewhere similar.

This was a high profile release for the Fall and didn't live up to expectations when it came to sales. That's a prime candidate for retailers to be loaded down with copies of this right now...hence the $29.99 so quickly. I'd venture to say this will be $19.99 new in the not too distant future (end of summer-ish). But that's just my guess. I have a huge backlog, so I'm going to pass...thanks for the heads up anyway OP!

[quote name='rpepper']This was a high profile release for the Fall and didn't live up to expectations when it came to sales. That's a prime candidate for retailers to be loaded down with copies of this right now...hence the $29.99 so quickly. I'd venture to say this will be $19.99 new in the not too distant future (end of summer-ish). But that's just my guess. I have a huge backlog, so I'm going to pass...thanks for the heads up anyway OP![/quote]

I think it actually did really well saleswise, but obviously it hasn't sustained itself like certain games.

nice troll broseph

[quote name='mike.m']I think it actually did really well saleswise, but obviously it hasn't sustained itself like certain games.[/quote]

Well, I wasn't trying to say it wasn't successful...I'm just thinking that Ubisoft had hoped for a bigger success than it had. I've been very curious to try this game but can't find time to work it in between everything else.

I had fun with Assassin's Creed when I rented it, but I almost beat the game with every achievement in just 4 days. I can't justify buying it to finish off my save unless it's less than $20 myself.

I started playing AC last night and so far, I have no problem with the repetitive nature of the game. I love doing all the side missions to gain a bigger health bar.

A few things:

1) Something like Gears of War will always have a pretty high price for a long time, because it is a highly popular, first-party title. Resistance for the PS3 did. Halo 3 will. It unfortunately happens.

2) This game has sold very well, even better than Ubisoft originally predicted, I believe. It is very repetitive, but I actually never got bored. As someone mentioned in this month's GI mag, they should make a Batman game just like AC.

3) Mass Effect is the farthest thing from a piece of trash. Some people need to learn their own tastes are not the deciding factor in quality. I love when I see stuff like "Halo 3 is the worst game ever." Want to see a truly bad game? Go play something like Turning Point or Big Rigs. Those are bad games.

Worst. Videogamer. Ever.

[quote name='Exodus.Lang']I love getting used games from GameFly, because they've got good prices and the cases/manuals that you get are new since they don't send those out.[/QUOTE]

that might be the case on NEW releases. gamefly has opened up their TRADE IN program to more people. So dont be shocked if you start seeing the condititon of the cases/manuals start to come down.

got to love the trade in program. Traded in 10 games i got off cc or goozex dirt cheap and now my next 6 months are paid for (have over 125 bucks in credit)

[quote name='bigdsinferno']wow, you must not have played kane and lynch.[/quote]
Kane and Lynch has nothing to do with this (horrible game). My comment was directed at your "...buggy piece of incomplete trash, just like the majority of games from Bioware" comment.

[quote name='SynGamer']Kane and Lynch has nothing to do with this (horrible game). My comment was directed at your "...buggy piece of incomplete trash, just like the majority of games from Bioware" comment.[/QUOTE]

that wasn't my comment... i love Mass Effect. i just think it's crazy to say that assassin's creed is the worst game ever. regardless, kane and lynch has just as much to do with assassin's creed as mass effect does (i.e. nothing).

[quote name='bigdsinferno']that wasn't my comment... i love Mass Effect. i just think it's crazy to say that assassin's creed is the worst game ever.[/quote]
Got ya. We're on two completely different pages then :p My comment was directed towards Blinkman987. I said Worst. VideoGAMER. Ever. Not game ;) Assassin's Creed was a great start to the series, can't wait for the sequel. Will likely buy the game now instead of mooching off my friend each time i go over.

To throw a contrasting opinion to the haters, I immensely enjoyed AC... probably one of my top five games of last year across all systems. Utterly amazing vistas, an interesting plot, and the actual assassinations are extremely memorable. People bash it for being repetitive but it didn't bother me in the slightest as I found the core gameplay very engaging.

Oh I really enjoyed the game too. It was repetitive, but not to the breaking point. What I found off putting was the game's length, and how the difficulty curve only made things frustrating, rather than challenging. For example, assassinate three teutonic knights amid the crowd. Well if the bands of soldiers walking around weren't bad enough, beggars would surely blow your cover. I had to go in and kill them all before starting the mission.

My cousin was very disappionted when he finally played the game though. He describes it as the hold the "A" button to do everything game. While I agree the difficulty is either too easy or frustrating, I still enjoyed it.

[quote name='dkim064']Ubisoft sold more copies of AC over Bioshock which was GotY[/quote]

AC was also multi-platform meaning a larger install base.

Note: I think AC was a good title, just pointing out a flaw in your point.

[quote name='dkim064']Ubisoft sold more copies of AC over Bioshock which was GotY[/QUOTE]

I was actually much more annoyed with the repetition in Bioshock than I was with AC ;) Bioshock had me totally en-raptured (see what I did there?) for the first two-thirds of the game, but really lost its charm (for me) in the last segments.

bread's done
Back