Gamefly.com Bioware PC Games Sale

makaiokioni

CAGiversary!
Gamefly.com is having a fairly hefty sale on some modern day classic RPG's made by none other than Bioware for the PC. You can also use this code GFDAPR20 to get an extra dollar off, making these deals hard to pass up.
The games on sale are

Jade Empire - $3.99
Dragon Age: Origins - $3.99
Dragon Age 2 - $3.99
Mass Effect - $3.99
Mass Effect 2 - $3.99
Mass Effect 3 - $7.99

Link - http://www.gamefly.com/download-games/browse/?ids=150425,5000328,150345,150315,150265,150565

I should also mention these are all PC downloads and the sale ends TODAY. I own all but one game on this list and if you enjoy amazing, immersive RPGs and haven't experienced these games, I highly recommend you give them a playthrough. Dragon Age 2 is the only game that I feel suffers in the story department. That is only due to the drastic tone difference from the first and lack of direction in the story. Otherwise, solid game. Anyway, Happy gaming!

Last edited by a moderator:
The prices listed are AFTER the $1 off. Just a heads up to folks that may not get that (as I didn't when I read it).

Dragon Age Origins worth it? Or is DA2 better

Backlog is huge atm :/

(Gues I'm really trying to decide between Mass Effect 3, DA2, and DAO)

Are these downloads from gamefly? Or do they go through origin or steam?

-edit
NM, see in the other gamefly post that these are all gamefly downloads except for ME3

Does anyone know if this version of Jade Empire actually works? I tried getting the Steam version last summer and it would lock up at the configuration menu. Going on the message boards I saw that this was a common problem.

[quote name='mbrown3']DAO is a far better game than DA2. DAO is arguably one of the best games this gen.[/QUOTE]

This guy knows what's up.

[quote name='grognard66']Does anyone know if this version of Jade Empire actually works? I tried getting the Steam version last summer and it would lock up at the configuration menu. Going on the message boards I saw that this was a common problem.[/QUOTE]

I had the same issue with the Steam version, but it is working now, played it a few months ago.

Is Mass Effect 1 redeemable on Origin? I already have the Steam version, but I can't redeem that code on Origin, and it bothers me that I've got parts of the trilogy on difference services. :\

[quote name='Leggo']Is Mass Effect 1 redeemable on Origin? I already have the Steam version, but I can't redeem that code on Origin, and it bothers me that I've got parts of the trilogy on difference services. :\[/QUOTE]

I never was able to get my ME1 copy from Retail ever to activate on Origin.

Does Steam-version give you a CD key?
If yes - did you try activating your Steam-key onto Origin?

To see if you have a CD key w/ Steam-version - right click on your game while in Steam client-program and click on "View CD key".
If it's there.
Try doing it through Origin program directly or through this link that can activate some of the OLDER Origin (EADM) games.

Still waiting on the inevitable $4-5 Mass Effect 3 sale.

[quote name='Gedemer']Kingdoms of Amalur for 10$
OR
Dragon Age Origins Awakening for 6$

WhicH OnE is betteR?[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age, by a mile (I'm assuming this is a package with both Origins AND Awakening in it). Kingdoms of Amalur's story sucks, is highly repetitive, and the characters are uninteresting. DAO, though it might be a little repetitive, makes up for it by having great characters and a very immersive story.

[quote name='Gedemer']Kingdoms of Amalur for 10$
OR
Dragon Age Origins Awakening for 6$

WhicH OnE is betteR?[/QUOTE]

KoA is more of a hack'n'slash compared to the RTS style of Dragon Age.

Though if you are just looking for story DA wins hands over fists.

I actually prefer DA2 to DA:O, but I know I'm in the minority there. The only one I would caution about is ME3...that ruined the entire franchise for me, but I hear there's a mod that fixes the horrendous ending to some extent.

[quote name='MysterD']I never was able to get my ME1 copy from Retail ever to activate on Origin.

Does Steam-version give you a CD key?
If yes - did you try activating your Steam-key onto Origin?

To see if you have a CD key w/ Steam-version - right click on your game while in Steam client-program and click on "View CD key".
If it's there.
Try doing it through Origin program directly or through this link that can activate some of the OLDER Origin (EADM) games.[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the long and thoughtful reply, you may have missed the part where I said "I already have the Steam version, but I can't redeem that code on Origin."

To clarify, it's not that I'm reluctant to, it just doesn't work.

[quote name='clonesniper666']Also this sale should run till the 22nd unlike on the OP stating it ends today. At least according to Gamefly.[/QUOTE]
Sale is still running but the extra-savings coupon expired.

Edit: Code SLICKAPR10 works for 10% off. It's something, anyway.

Did anyone buy Jade Empire? Was curious to know the DRM: Required Origin, Origin-Lite (adds to library but not required) or just some Gamefly thing.

bread's done
Back