GameFly Console Deals: Crysis 2 (PS3) $8, Asura's Wrath $13, Kinect SW & Starhawk $15

I just picked up Asura's Wrath. I've been patiently waiting to get it cheap. Cant wait to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xiemos']If you buy Asura's Wrath, you kind of have to/want to/need to buy the DLC "Nirvana."

The DLC is worth every penny. It ranks up there with the likes of Lair of the shadow broker and Minerva's den IMO.[/QUOTE]

I really liked Asura's Wrath but I don't agree with paying money to see the ending of a game... I just watched the 1 1/2 hour dlc on youtube on my ps3.

You can even hold the controller in your hand and pretend.

[quote name='AukeySeven']I really liked Asura's Wrath but I don't agree with paying money to see the ending of a game... I just watched the 1 1/2 hour dlc on youtube on my ps3.

You can even hold the controller in your hand and pretend.[/QUOTE]

Same here, i refuse to support the idea of having to buy the ending

[quote name='AukeySeven']I really liked Asura's Wrath but I don't agree with paying money to see the ending of a game... I just watched the 1 1/2 hour dlc on youtube on my ps3.

You can even hold the controller in your hand and pretend.[/QUOTE]

It's about the same amount of interaction as the actual game anyway.

Asura's Wrath PS3 is back in stock, if anyone cares. I grabbed a copy after deciding last night I wanted it, and then saw it was OOS. So been refreshing this morning and got one :)

Ordered Asura's Wrath for 360. Sounds like in can be beat in 2 or 3 sittings so I'm gonna shoot for beating it quick and trading it in for a few bucks more than paid hopefully. That is if the TiV holds on it

I just can't hold out on Crysis 2 anymore, when it's only $8 + free shipping.

[quote name='coopscohen']Anyone have an opinion on Kinect Star Wars for $15?[/QUOTE]

I played the demo at E3 and was not impressed, at least not in a good way, so I've been avoiding it. But that was an on-foot campaign section. The delayed action with jumping and swinging the lightsaber just made it unplayable for me, and I (like a lot of others) was disappointed that there was no one-to-one motion tracking with the lightsaber. I've heard the vehicle and rancor modes work better. The dance mode seems to be love it or hate it, no in-betweens.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Asura's Wrath PS3 is back in stock, if anyone cares. I grabbed a copy after deciding last night I wanted it, and then saw it was OOS. So been refreshing this morning and got one :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, picked one up. Seems the two biggest complaints that I've read in reviews were the $60 initial price and the non-interactivity of the "game." At this price, I'll check it out.

The single player of Starhawk is basically just a tutorial for how to play the game. I highly recommend playing through it (just set to easy) since the multiplayer just drops you in and you may never figure some things out and will likely get bored / frustrated quickly.

Online is still active and a lot of fun as a diversion to more standard shooter games.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']I'm loving Asura's Wrath. Asura is a very angry man.[/QUOTE]

Is he more, or less, or exactly as pissed-off as Kratos?

[quote name='morrodox']Is he more, or less, or exactly as pissed-off as Kratos?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... good question. They're both very angry dudes... and for the most part, rightfully so. However,
there's a point in Asura's Wrath where Asura has his arms ripped off, but is soooo pissed that he continues to fight using nothing but his feet and head.
Advantage Asura?

bread's done
Back