GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KneeKnee']Still issues, but seemingly not as bad as release. The game will sometimes kick you from a party. Won't let you back into an online session unless you completely reboot your system. Also freezes sometimes requiring you to hardboot your system. Seems to freeze most often when you're in a car with a few people. I guess the game cant handle loading things at a high speed and someone always ends up getting a frozen picture. Im talking about the PS3, have no experience with the 360 version.[/QUOTE]
FWIW i recently played and beat the 360 version with 3 friends, and everything ran pretty smoothly, aside from rare freezing.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior :ps3: $10
Dead Island :ps3: :360: $15
Silent Hill HD Collection :ps3: $18
Assassin's Creed Revelations :360: $18

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dinovelvet']Probably because two fucking games does not a "collection" make.[/QUOTE]

God of War and Team ICO collections only had 2 games. Though I can see your point seeing there's also SH4 to HD-ify. The main problem is that the quality of the HD ports are crap.

[quote name='dmdragon']Extremely horrible ports from what I understand.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this is the PS3 version as well, the one that had the majority of the problems.

That being said, I just ordered it 2 days ago for $20.98 used/free shipping on Amazon. I can "request" a cancellation, but it's not guaranteed. Don't think I'm gonna chance it to save $1.82.

I heard the PS3 version of Dead Island has much more pop in and graphical issues than the Xbox 360 version, but since the PS3 version costs less right now on GF, you are getting what you pay for

Ah, I would've picked up the Silent Hill Collection if it was Xbox 360 too...but then again nothing to pair it for quicker shipping. Oh wells, nothing tonight.

I actually have Silent Hill HD Collection out, so I think I'm just going to keep it. After my $5 coupon, it should be around $12. That's not bad at all and I like to keep all my HD collections on PS3.

[quote name='mitnosi']Got Silent Hill HD Collection for under 12 bucks with coupon :D[/QUOTE]

Yep, I just had to bite at that price, despite the reviews.

[quote name='Tsel']I actually have Silent Hill HD Collection out, so I think I'm just going to keep it. After my $5 coupon, it should be around $12. That's not bad at all and I like to keep all my HD collections on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Have you played it yet? How is it?

[quote name='Tsel']Yep, I just had to bite at that price, despite the reviews.[/QUOTE]

Same here. $11.97 for both games isn't bad. Hopefully the upcoming patch corrects the framerate issues. I honestly haven't run into too big of a problem with either game, but I only have a few hours into each.

I've been curious about Dead Island for a while now. While pondering my purchase I saw IGN's review and the first sentence sold me:

"Dead Island is Fallout 3 with zombies."

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've been curious about Dead Island for a while now. While pondering my purchase I saw IGN's review and the first sentence sold me:

"Dead Island is Fallout 3 with zombies."[/QUOTE]

I'd say of you want to make comparisons like that, it's Borderlands with melee weapons.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I've been curious about Dead Island for a while now. While pondering my purchase I saw IGN's review and the first sentence sold me:

Your first mistake was reading an IGN review and taking it seriously...

Ya that's the quote that immediately turned me off of the game, til my cousin said it's a lot more like Borderlands with Zombies.

Edit: Ninja'd by Charmander. I didn't realize his speed stat was so high.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']"Dead Island is Fallout 3 with zombies."[/QUOTE]

No, it's not.

[quote name='Coltin']it's Borderlands with melee weapons.[/QUOTE]

No, it's not.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Is SH HD really THAT bad on the PS3 over the 360??[/QUOTE]

Judging by the reviews on amazon, quite possibly yes. Half of the reviews are 1 star. Konami says they are working on patch(es) to fix the problems but no word when they might be coming out (Konami said in the patches would be available in the 'coming weeks' in late April)

[quote name='tastudent2003']What is this $5 coupon people keep talking about?[/QUOTE]

Every few months Gamefly members get $5 coupons. Don't know the deets as I'm not a member.

[quote name='ijustw1n']Meh dead island made by the call of Juarez folks is a big pass for me.[/QUOTE]

Dead Island is an awesome game. Very solid gameplay, good pacing, open world questing. It was so good I traded it in on PS3 after beating it and bought it back when it was cheap on 360 so I could play it through again for the achievements. And the 360 version will stay in my collection.

[quote name='Survivalism']No, it's not.

No, it's not.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, Borderlands and Dead Island play quite similar to one another.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Every few months Gamefly members get $5 coupons. Don't know the deets as I'm not a member.[/QUOTE]
After you've been a member for a year, you get a $5 coupon every 3 months.

grabbed Dead Island, almost did AC:R to but I'll hold off a bit on that maybe it will drop $5 more or another one of my $5 coupons will show up and I'll grab it then.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Dead Island is an awesome game. Very solid gameplay, good pacing, open world questing. It was so good I traded it in on PS3 after beating it and bought it back when it was cheap on 360 so I could play it through again for the achievements. And the 360 version will stay in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I just beat the game on sunday. Very fun, and agree on the pacing. You get way to many fetch quests but i had fun doing side missions to get super weapons. It was worth it for $20. I was a little sad i couldnt play multiplayer (no internet when i could play) because i know that would make it even better. For 5 bucks less even better.

[quote name='blindinglights']Sniper Ghost Warrior... worth $10?[/QUOTE]

I have it for the Xbox and I like it. I think it's worth $10 for sure. It's not perfect, but I have fun with it.

Right on, picked up Dead Island for $15. I cant pass that up... Heard good things from a buddy of mine. I would have gotten AC:R but I bought it new @ BB a few weeks ago for $20.

Man, I have been getting so many great video game deals lately. I maybe get 3 packages a week with a game in it.

[quote name='blindinglights']Sniper Ghost Warrior... worth $10?[/QUOTE]
at worst you can sell it if you hate it. at best you can wait a month and get the the less irritating Sniper V2 for bargain bin prices like i will.

Part of me knows I will get Dead Island for $10 or less and I should hold off. The other part of me wants to just get it now... decisions.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Part of me knows I will get Dead Island for $10 or less and I should hold off. The other part of me wants to just get it now... decisions.[/QUOTE]If it helps, I'm holding off until that price point, too; I've got waaaaaay too many games to play right now. :lol:

I wonder if the fact that SH HD for PS3 is on here means that no further patches are coming for it. I heard the PS3 version is still fucked. Glad I got it for 360 instead.

bread's done
Back