GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']That sucks. Only thing I'm not happy with Gamefly is their policy. It's cool you get refunded but if it were damage you get refunded and not exchange. I ordered Deus Ex. Haven't got it. I hope maybe tomorrow or eventually. As long as I get it cause I'm getting interested in playing it and was a good price.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on my deus also.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']That sucks. Only thing I'm not happy with Gamefly is their policy. It's cool you get refunded but if it were damage you get refunded and not exchange. I ordered Deus Ex. Haven't got it. I hope maybe tomorrow or eventually. As long as I get it cause I'm getting interested in playing it and was a good price.[/QUOTE]
I beleive they just refund you the money because they are a rental service and only have so many copies of a game to pass around. If they sent out replacements for every lost copy in the mail, they might not have enough to service rentals. Its just easier to have one policy that says to give customers their money back basically no questions asked. This also makes more people happy as well then having to wait to see if a copy can be resent or a refund would be paid.

I know you werent bitching about the policy. I really am just trying to rationalize what they might be thinking. And I am bored at work today.

[quote name='KnightofHearts']Thanks picked up Ninja Storm 2[/QUOTE]

when? i just looked for it and it was out of stock (for the ps3 at least).

[quote name='Drclaw411']this thread would be 27 pages longer with 95% more bitching if this was the exact same sale but from gamestop[/QUOTE]

Lol true. I like gamestop a lot but they haven't had very many great used game sale prices like gamely for a while... unless u count the b2g1 or the frequent gamestop.com glitches.

[quote name='wrencrest']I beleive they just refund you the money because they are a rental service and only have so many copies of a game to pass around. If they sent out replacements for every lost copy in the mail, they might not have enough to service rentals. Its just easier to have one policy that says to give customers their money back basically no questions asked. This also makes more people happy as well then having to wait to see if a copy can be resent or a refund would be paid.

I know you werent bitching about the policy. I really am just trying to rationalize what they might be thinking. And I am bored at work today.[/QUOTE]

They might have refunded because they can get a claim back from the shipper for the lost/damaged items.

In terms of the bitching I think GF are victims of their own success, some of their sale prices have been so awesome we expect awesome deals every night. It's not very realistic.

[quote name='NamPaehc']They might have refunded because they can get a claim back from the shipper for the lost/damaged items.[/QUOTE]
That is a damn fine reason too. Makes a lot of business sense.

[quote name='wrencrest']That is a damn fine reason too. Makes a lot of business sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, didn't think of that. I was just hoping people could still be able to get another copy so they don't miss out on deals. But yeah, that could be a good reason.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Any hints for today Cheapy?[/QUOTE]
Sure Homeboy! Don't grind your Gears, I've got my Infamously bad hints coming up soon.

lol i love cheapy's hints! sooo Homefront, Gears3 and Infamous 2?
and of course you all know homefront is super cheap elsewhere if you can find it.

If you have the Best Buy coupon, Homefront is like $2 this month, lol.

Gears for $15 I would consider, I've been getting the itch to play it again but was holding out for like a $40 Epic Edition.

Infamous 2 I played and beat, wasn't it $14.99 over the holidays? Maybe it was $19.99.

Homefront actually has a very good online multiplayer mode. Sure the graphics can be better, but the gameplay is fast and furious. You respawn very quickly (within 3 seconds) after you die, so you can quickly get back into the action. You earn points by killing people to use towards the purchase of in-game weapons (like specials), which is quite refreshing from other games. As you can see I absolutely love Homefront, and it's a steal under $10. I don't know about the main campaign, but the multiplayer has me addicted.

[quote name='flizmo007']I would guess Saints Row over Homefront...[/QUOTE]
I'd love to see SR3 but I have a feeling it'll be homefront for the 20th time.

[quote name='TheHelix']Chipped discs F...*gets shot*[/QUOTE]

HA! Folks start to cock their guns after they hear "chip". No need to even utter the second syllable.

If it is home front, we need to band together as a community and show our appreciation for the deals and just buy them out of home front finally. Show them we care and appreciate their deals by ridding them of this home front curse.

[quote name='chunlirocks']Finally scored GOW3

18 bones isn't too bad[/QUOTE]

I don't know if you've heard, but sometimes Gamefly discs can be chipped.

[quote name='dinovelvet']I don't know if you've heard, but sometimes Gamefly discs can be chipped.[/QUOTE]

No i didn't but I'll take my chances

Rented both Infamous 2 and Gears 3, they were both okay and worth playing and if you don't want to rent them, those are good prices on both. If i had XBL Gold i'd buy Gears 3, but the campaign wasn't good enough to want to own it on that alone.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I just went for Infamous 2. You can get Gears 3 at about that same price online anytime.[/QUOTE]

where?

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I just went for Infamous 2. You can get Gears 3 at about that same price online anytime.[/QUOTE]

It also just hit $20 used at blockbuster, shouldn't be long before it hits that $14.99 price. Think I'll wait for the inevitable BB sale.

[quote name='Tolmes']where?[/QUOTE]

I just did a quick Amazon check, looks like you can get a like new one for around $20 shipped, which is what the gamefly one would come to after tax. I'm sure EBAY or gohastings has the same or lower price on it.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I just did a quick Amazon check, looks like you can get a like new one for around $20 shipped, which is what the gamefly one would come to after tax. I'm sure EBAY or gohastings has the same or lower price on it.[/QUOTE]

If the current GoHastings price holds, it'll be about 15.50 shipped come Friday.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']I just did a quick Amazon check, looks like you can get a like new one for around $20 shipped, which is what the gamefly one would come to after tax. I'm sure EBAY or gohastings has the same or lower price on it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah gohastings and EBAY are $21 shipped...amazon the same.

So in reality Gears 3 shipped for $19 from GF is the cheapest you'll find for now.

bread's done
Back