GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Namerson']Does a new copy of inFamous 2 come with anything special? I might make my first purchase at Gamefly if they don't.[/QUOTE]
Gamefly used games come with everything a new copy has.(DLC/online pass)

I already 100%'d Infamous 2 before trading it in to GS, but I still have the Festival of Blood DLC to do. Is it worth paying $15 just to be able to play that...?

I almost think it could be had for around $10 in a few months. I can dream, can't I? ;)

[quote name='Vigilante']I already 100%'d Infamous 2 before trading it in to GS, but I still have the Festival of Blood DLC to do. Is it worth paying $15 just to be able to play that...?

I almost think it could be had for around $10 in a few months. I can dream, can't I? ;)[/QUOTE]

I don't think you need the disc to play the Festival of Blood DLC.

[quote name='Vigilante']I already 100%'d Infamous 2 before trading it in to GS, but I still have the Festival of Blood DLC to do. Is it worth paying $15 just to be able to play that...?

I almost think it could be had for around $10 in a few months. I can dream, can't I? ;)[/QUOTE]

Festival of Blood is a stand alone game.

Festival of Blood is a stand-alone downloadable game. You do not need to own Infamous 2 to play it.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']I don't think you need the disc to play the Festival of Blood DLC.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheCro']Festival of Blood is a stand alone game.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tylerh1701']Ya, im 99% positive festival of blood is stand alone.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BeauNER']Festival of Blood is a stand-alone downloadable game. You do not need to own Infamous 2 to play it.[/QUOTE]Uh...wow, thanks for pointing that out, guys. I should have done my homework. #-o

In for Infamous 2. I'm such a sucker. There's no way I get to this game before it hits $10. LOL

My first GameFly purchase was Infamous 2 @ this exact price but I traded it in before finishing it. Looks like I get to try this again.

i grabbed homefront for 360.

Ive been wanting it for awhile but was hoping it would hit $5 at best buy again. But looks like BB is sinking so why not.

thanks op

[quote name='mitchondria']i grabbed homefront for 360.

Ive been wanting it for awhile but was hoping it would hit $5 at best buy again. But looks like BB is sinking so why not.

thanks op[/QUOTE]

It's actually around $1.30 used if you have the Gamer Mag coupon right now. Of you are unlikely to get an online code from a used BBY game.

[quote name='iduncurr']Damnit, I told myself no more games for now but infamous 2...
what are the chances it'll hit $10 soonish?[/QUOTE]

i feel like its pretty slim. Infamous 1 still barely dips below 10 (if it even has at this point).

Infamous 2 was fantastic. Platinumed it and was sad to see it end.

Homefront was good, single player was actually freaky because it all took place on US soil. Solid game, if rather short. (Like 5 hours short)

[quote name='mitchondria']i grabbed homefront for 360.

thanks op[/QUOTE]

I hope you like it, but I would -in general- warn people off of this one. I got this almost for free around Christmas with a coupon, and I can play a LOT of bad games (Superman Returns, Matt Hazard, etc.) but I thought this was too awful to keep playing. Sold it for about $1.50 with no regrets.

This round of sales has been pretty empty for me, but I've gotten so many great deals from them this past year I don't really care.

[quote name='GT']This round of sales has been pretty empty for me, but I've gotten so many great deals from them this past year I don't really care.[/QUOTE]
It gets like that because we own most of the games that go on sale.

That's a good price on Gears 3 - would pick it up if I already hadn't purchased it.

Homefront is a decent deal, but as someone said, it can be had for ~$1.30 by being in the GCU program at Best Buy and using this month's $15 off coupon in the @Gamer magazine.

Great price on Infamous 2...but I won't allow myself to buy it before I finish the first one. My backlog is just too huge...I have to draw some lines in the sand.

Much better list than yesterday. Will probably buy Homefront for my Brother. Didn't beat inFamous 1 either, got it for free, but liked it. both games for 15 is a deal.

Dunno if I should get gears for 18 or wait for the GOTY edition but then that will be 40 for a while until it drops. Decisions Decisions...

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Rented both Infamous 2 and Gears 3, they were both okay and worth playing and if you don't want to rent them, those are good prices on both. If i had XBL Gold i'd buy Gears 3, but the campaign wasn't good enough to want to own it on that alone.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ. The campaign + horde mode are totally worth it. I couldn't stand the MP in Gears after the first Gears. My friend and I will play Horde mode for hours, and it's a blast. I had a two day trial, and I hated the MP. Just my two cents.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I beg to differ. The campaign + horde mode are totally worth it. I couldn't stand the MP in Gears after the first Gears. My friend and I will play Horde mode for hours, and it's a blast. I had a two day trial, and I hated the MP. Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

Gow 3 was actually my favorite mp for the franchise. Gow 2 mp was horrible though.

Bit on Infamous 2. I got the first one on clearance from Target for about $14 and am still playing through it, so I figure this is a good price for the sequel.

last game i bought from Gamefly........... the side of the disk was all chipped up... game wouldn't load past the install screen (ps3 game)..... gamefly refunded me... but isn't able to send me a playable copy of the game :(
.....ohh well...... i guess for my trouble and getting my hopes up, i ended up with a free DLC ....... after a little work of shipping the game back (they emailed me shipping labels)

Temptation all around me! InFamous 2 for $15 at Gamefly, Warhammer 40K for $20 at Target. Must resist!!!!

Gamefly seems to be pretty good with handling problems. Great price on Gears 3 but I just bought 2 like a week ago and still have to play it. So I will wait till the next sale.

I just started GOW3 and it is fun. If you are an Achievement whore or completionist this game will drive you bonkers though. Too many 4 player co-op achievements plus Seriously 3.0 is ridiculous. Many of them are also stupid horde achievements that require the entire squad to be certain characters on certain maps. At this point you will be lucky to get 1000 points...unfortunately there are now 2000 points for this game alone. They were the first game allowed to do this and they blew it IMO.

I'm still able to add Infamous 2 to my cart and proceed to checkout. I'm not going to buy it because I'm still working on finishing the first, but those that thought it was sold out may want to try again.

Infamous 2 (and 1) is a fantastic game. I hope everyone gets to play them if they like the style of gameplay. The graphics leap from 1 to 2 was pretty substantial as well. All around enjoyable.

bread's done
Back