GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, got Rage :ps3: . My backlog is too big to get R3 right now, plus way too many other shooters. Beat R1, got mostly through R2, not a huge fan of the series. Still have to play through Killzone 2 and 3! :lol:

rage have split screen co-op? and is it even good? Didn't like Borderlands, loved Fallout. Also, is it better for 360 or PS3?

These sales have been pretty good; sadly, I have most of these games. Picked up a few this week so I'm interested to see what tomorrow's recap will bring.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Snagged Rage for the 360. Played the demo and didn't think it was as bad as the critics made it out to be.[/QUOTE]

Most games aren't...

Nice, R3 for $15 is what I was wanting. Now I guess I need to sell the copy I got from BB without the online pass. I've already opened it so I guess I cant return it to BB.

Thanks Cheapy!

Going to try Rage for $10, can't argue with that price and 81 on metacritic. Hope it's fun!
(Cursed Crusade was an earlier $10 title but a 39 on metacritic)

Tomorrow repeats might actually be good, since I missed out on a deal.

Rage has its moments - some very cool parts, but it is very linear, and the ending is very very abrupt. It would have been awesome as a sandbox game.

Damn I bought a used Resistance 3 w/o code from BB yesterday and now see this lol. I guess I can buy this and then sell the BB copy for hopefully $10-$15.

[quote name='icarusmight']Damn I bought a used Resistance 3 w/o code from BB yesterday and now see this lol. I guess I can buy this and then sell the BB copy for hopefully $10-$15.[/QUOTE]looks like you can get around $20 for it on ebay. Minus the shipping and fee's should break about even or at least a few bucks profit.

[quote name='dogfishfiend']Snagged Rage for the 360. Played the demo and didn't think it was as bad as the critics made it out to be.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed RAGE a ton. The controls of the game are top notch. The story does not completely satisfy but it set up a sequel (which most likely won't happen) that was a interesting step forward. Graphics are pretty awesome also. Some critics panned it but an 81 on Metacritic is no Thor. :D

Rage wasn't bad. I got it for free from bethsoft and beat it on PC. Its the first shooter since mw2 that I actually played through the campaign on. Did seem a bit short though.

I have a $5 reward coupon that expires 5/11..........

Rage - Tempting as an impulse buy but the high points in reviews is that shooting combat but forgettable characters and story, two things that are important to me in enjoying a game.

Resistance 3 - rented and beat the single player, was pretty good. I dont' think I really need to buy it for the multiplayer, i just got Killzone 3's multi on PSN that i don't play already.

Will press my luck and hold on to the coupon Xo. Two good deals though.

[quote name='TooPoor']Confused: Why is everybody buying Rage now?[/QUOTE]
A lot of people missed out on tht deal. I know for sure a bunch of people couldnt even find the magazine at their stores. $5 Rage was pretty awesome.:bouncy:

To buy R3, or not to buy R3--that is the question...

I've still got MoH and Crysis 2 (both :ps3:) in my backlog, but I've heard really good things about R3's campaign. I also very likely wouldn't go near its multiplayer. Could it possibly be had in the $10 range at some point...? :whistle2:k

I dunno about you guys but I love "B Games." The big AAA titles are great but they really seem to really take a lot of time, attention, and can take an emotional commitment too (depending, on the game - some RPGs? ME trio?). It's nice to sink into a no-obligation B-Game with familiar mechanics every once in a while. :) ... I enjoy it at least.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']Grabbed Bad Company 2. With 10 percent off and a 5 dollar off coupon, it came to $2.37.[/QUOTE]

What 10% off? Would it work with Rage?

[quote name='SnoT']What 10% off? Would it work with Rage?[/QUOTE]

He's talking about the 10% discount you get on used games for being a Gamefly member for a year.

My Best Buy apparently only gets 2 magazines a month, they never have any in stock, which are $5 anyway. Plus it's a $7 drive in gas, so were looking at $17 Rage at best. I have thought about the $15 for 10 mags deal, but looking at newest coupons just shows how much they do not interest me.

[quote name='Noblesse Oblige']He's talking about the 10% discount you get on used games for being a Gamefly member for a year.[/QUOTE]

That sucks I can't stand there service anymore takes so long to get anything from them... When I originally signed up I'd send a game and a day later it was there and they would be sending me another now it takes multiple days for my returned game to show as returned then another day or 2 to get something on the way back to me.

[quote name='SnoT']That sucks I can't stand there service anymore takes so long to get anything from them... When I originally signed up I'd send a game and a day later it was there and they would be sending me another now it takes multiple days for my returned game to show as returned then another day or 2 to get something on the way back to me.[/QUOTE]

For me, it's gotten alot better. It used to take over a week to get a game from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh. A few hours away. Now it takes 2 days back and forth. It could still be faster, I think (1 day turnaround) but, it's better than it used to be.

[quote name='SnoT']That sucks I can't stand there service anymore takes so long to get anything from them... When I originally signed up I'd send a game and a day later it was there and they would be sending me another now it takes multiple days for my returned game to show as returned then another day or 2 to get something on the way back to me.[/QUOTE]

not only that, any of the newer titles are never in stock. I have yet to see Silent Hill Downpour, Asura's Wrath, RE: Raccoon City, and Ninja Gaiden 3 be anything but low-very low. Even games that are not brand new such as Kingdoms of Amalur and Saints Row 3 are low.

[quote name='MauraderShields']not only that, any of the newer titles are never in stock. I have yet to see Silent Hill Downpour, Asura's Wrath, RE: Raccoon City, and Ninja Gaiden 3 be anything but low-very low. Even games that are not brand new such as Kingdoms of Amalur and Saints Row 3 are low.[/QUOTE]

I've been paying attention to that. They seem to restock it during the weekend. Sunday morning, newer stuff is marked "Available now' and by Monday afternoon, they're back to their former availability. I've been able to get newer releases from paying attention to their restock cycle.

Happy to grab Resistance 3. Woulda been happier to get in on the iNFAMOUS 2 deal last night, but I'm sure I'll get that eventually, too.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']My Best Buy apparently only gets 2 magazines a month, they never have any in stock, which are $5 anyway. Plus it's a $7 drive in gas, so were looking at $17 Rage at best. I have thought about the $15 for 10 mags deal, but looking at newest coupons just shows how much they do not interest me.[/QUOTE]
Even if you don't use the homefront/R3 coupon this issue, you can easily sell the cards for $10 on ebay. So 15 for 10 issues is pretty good.

Bought R3, I've beaten the game months ago but cant resist as it is $5 under my buy price point. Its going to be my go-to online FPS game from now on, if ever i got nothing to play. I just hope lots of people still play it. I really enjoyed its beta last year.

Dude. Get him Battlefield 3. War Vets love that game's realistic gameplay. Battlefield 3 also has a great, great jet flying component and tank driving component, so if he ever fly or drove a tank he'll definitely love that game.

[quote name='omyard']Snagged R3. It'll go well with my unplayed copies for R1 and R2 I bought last year in the double pack from BB for something like $10.

Now I just need to sit down and do a marathon play through of all 3.

I should probably snag Bad Company 2 for my girlfriend's Dad. She wanted to get him a war game as I was telling her about this and how she could probably get it cheap.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SativaSam']Bought R3...great price, loved the demo, and I really like what I've seen so far out of the multiplayer.[/QUOTE]
Great game, ending was horrible though. Be prepared to a big let down.

[quote name='ndheah']Great game, ending was horrible though. Be prepared to a big let down.[/QUOTE]

I don't know I thought it was alright. Now doubt though the story and pacing of the game was great!

Picked up Resistance 3, Prince of Persia Trilogy and Sims 3: Pets for just under $50 total. Loving these nightly deals, although my backlog doesn't...lol.

bread's done
Back