GameFly Daily Deals: Battlefield 3 (360) $20, LOTR: War in the North $10, SC V $20

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CheapyD']Tonight's deals end on Monday or at sellout. Sales may continue next week.[/QUOTE]

So we might not have deals this week.

[quote name='rbanez']just got my spotless Resistance 3 copy from the mail. I think the box art alone is worth $15:D[/QUOTE]
Just got mine today also, excellent condition.

Wow I went to grab another copy of Assault Horizon for a for a friend; I clicked the link and it was $12.99 still. I said cool, went and grabbed a beer, came back and it had jumped up to $17.99 in that short 5 minutes. So, remember kids, if you see a deal you want ... buy it first and THEN go get the booze. :9

(Also, he can buy his own damn copy now)

[quote name='jbroush99']Got my Infamous 2 today and it came with the unused Uncharted 3 beta code. Can't wait to use that one![/QUOTE]

I can one up that, albeit a movie! Finally opened my "The Mummy Trilogy" bluray, and the first movie came with with a free ticket to see the 3rd movie in theaters...but it was part of that same trilogy on bluray already. (All 3 movies were individually shrink wrapped, with a Trilogy outer box)

[quote name='mewman13']Got :ps3:Naruto UNS2 in the mail yesterday and has some minor chips around the edges. Unfortunately game data gets stuck at 24% and fails. A message pops up saying the game data is corrupted and the game has to close.

Of my 10 purchases from gamefly in the last 5 months, this is the only game to not install properly (thought I haven't actually played most of them). I submitted a purchase problem so i can get a refund, but I'd still like to have the game. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem, mine stops at 19%.

[quote name='rbanez']just got my spotless Resistance 3 copy from the mail. I think the box art alone is worth $15:D[/QUOTE]

Still havent got mine. Maybe Tuesday.

I got Resistance 3. After updating PSN, it has been a while, I updated the game with 4 patches for 600+ MBs. It took near 35 minutes to update PSN and the game. Then 15 minutes into it the game froze. The disk was mint so I think it was just the game or PS3. I plan to give it another try later tonight.

[quote name='horns456']I got Resistance 3. After updating PSN, it has been a while, I updated the game with 4 patches for 600+ MBs. It took near 35 minutes to update PSN and the game. Then 15 minutes into it the game froze. The disk was mint so I think it was just the game or PS3. I plan to give it another try later tonight.[/QUOTE]

It took so long because IIRC the multiplayer is not on the disc, you have to download that separately after installing the game, it's like 550 megs or something.

I'm gonna be honest. Supremacy MMA has a really good, clever take on MMA. There's a good game in here forever caged by some of the most herky-jerky fighting since the cheapest cash-in fighters on the Super NES. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to priority or move-throwing speed. I WANT to like it but it is so awful. Still, glad to have it. I'll hold onto it for a bit until I am so thoroughly disgusted that I can no longer try to like it.

Operation Raccoon City though, man, THAT is an irredeemable turd. I regret that one bad. I really need to be open to Redbox

What's wrong with Raccoon city? Did you like the multiplayer? I was looking forwar to that game.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I'm gonna be honest. Supremacy MMA has a really good, clever take on MMA. There's a good game in here forever caged by some of the most herky-jerky fighting since the cheapest cash-in fighters on the Super NES. There's absolutely no rhyme or reason to priority or move-throwing speed. I WANT to like it but it is so awful. Still, glad to have it. I'll hold onto it for a bit until I am so thoroughly disgusted that I can no longer try to like it.

Operation Raccoon City though, man, THAT is an irredeemable turd. I regret that one bad. I really need to be open to Redbox[/QUOTE]

I tend to love even the most mediocre shooters but ORC just was unsatisfying. The levels were boring and despite ragdoll corpses capturing the explosive joy of blasting a zombie with a powerful gun, the shooting itself just kinda sucks. Enemy HP is way too high, half the enemies are human troops with hitscan assault rifles and your health doesn't regenerate, which is the worst possible compromise between Gears/CoD style play and this.

With no dodge feature, MP is largely just aim and blast at guys and hope the other guy dies first. The goofy way melee works in MP is stupid, imbalanced weapons unlocked by XP grinding... There's some mindless fun in it but it plays pretty much like you can imagine Gears would if there was no roll, no regenerating health, and no chainsaw, only none of the guns here come even close to being as satisfying as that game's Lancer or Shotgun.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I tend to love even the most mediocre shooters but ORC just was unsatisfying. The levels were boring and despite ragdoll corpses capturing the explosive joy of blasting a zombie with a powerful gun, the shooting itself just kinda sucks. Enemy HP is way too high, half the enemies are human troops with hitscan assault rifles and your health doesn't regenerate, which is the worst possible compromise between Gears/CoD style play and this.

With no dodge feature, MP is largely just aim and blast at guys and hope the other guy dies first. The goofy way melee works in MP is stupid, imbalanced weapons unlocked by XP grinding... There's some mindless fun in it but it plays pretty much like you can imagine Gears would if there was no roll, no regenerating health, and no chainsaw, only none of the guns here come even close to being as satisfying as that game's Lancer or Shotgun.[/QUOTE]

Well you can dodge sort of. There's diving which is LStick + X.

Don't worry about it too much, Clutch. If you ordered just that one game, Gamefly shipping can take up to 14 days to reach you, but it will get there.

[quote name='mrclutch']Still haven't got my Resistance 3. Starting to get worried.[/QUOTE]

Looks like there were some non-sale price drops. Dead Island and Halo Anniv dropped to $19.99. I'm pretty sure they were $24.99 yesterday.

[quote name='nonsomniac']Looks like there were some non-sale price drops. Dead Island and Halo Anniv dropped to $19.99. I'm pretty sure they were $24.99 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Nice to finally see the price dropping on Halo Anniversary. If that went 16.99/free shipping I'd be all over it.

Also, Captain America for 360 is $8.99 with free shipping. That definitely wasn't there yesterday.

[quote name='nonsomniac']Looks like there were some non-sale price drops. Dead Island and Halo Anniv dropped to $19.99. I'm pretty sure they were $24.99 yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I want Halo Anniversary but there's no free shipping. Looks like I'll still be waiting. Too bad I unknowingly paid 1200 Microsoft Points for the Anniversary maps without knowing they were the same ones that are included in this.

[quote name='WormFOODx']Hints?[/QUOTE]

You'll be Duke-ing it out with your wallet as Finally, the Fantasy of more of Gamefly's Infamous sales has a Mass Effect on your finances.

Or whatever.

:rofl:[quote name='dinovelvet']You'll be Duke-ing it out with your wallet as Finally, the Fantasy of more of Gamefly's Infamous sales has a Mass Effect on your finances.

Or whatever.[/QUOTE]

that's a good one, man.

[quote name='dinovelvet']You'll be Duke-ing it out with your wallet as Finally, the Fantasy of more of Gamefly's Infamous sales has a Mass Effect on your finances.

Or whatever.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back